One Day at Disneyland Paris - what to do??

Travelling to Paris next month and have one day (October 7th) to go to Disneyland. We have purchased a park-hopper ticket for that day. No kids with us this time. I have only been to Disneyland California many times so what in Paris is a must-do so we can hit the high points in the limited time frame?? Thank you.

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

Re: One Day at Disneyland Paris - what to do??

Phantom Manor, Pirates, Big Thunder, Space Mtn, Adventure Isle, the Castle dungeon and upper chambers. Small World, and the Nautilus.
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Thank you mark.

• Coming soon...

The things DLP does best are

1. unique variations on old ideas
    2. the fantastic walkthrough attractions

In light of that, Space Mountain, Pirates, Phantom Manor and Big Thunder must be done, as should the Nautilus, Passage Enchante D' Aladdin, Le Taniere Du Dragon, Legends of the Wild West, Boot Hill and Alice's Curious Labyrinth. The rest is a good bonus, but remember to soak up as much of the detailed theming as possible. Though short on attractions compared to other Disney Parks, DLP is one of the most charming and unique Disneyland style parks.

• Bangarang!

I can't really add much to what's been said, with such a limited window it is probably best to hit the park with a decent plan in mind. It's far to easy to stray off.. but then I guess that's part of the fun.

If it were me, I'd probably have a quick look along Main St. before going to the Chateau and doing both the Taniere and the Galerie (be sure to check out the view from the balcony if its open).
    From there, I'd do whatever dark rides take your fancy. Perhaps then head to Adventureland for Pirates followed by the scenic walk to Frontierland for Thunder and the Manor. Then depending on lunch and parade requirements it's onto Discoveryland for Buzz or Space (depending on personal taste!) and then the dilapidated Star Tours. And if time allows, take in the Nautlius before the ubiquitous souvineer shopping down Main St.

No matter what you do, I'm sure you're bound to have fun.

EDIT: Just noticed in your post you stated you have a park hopper. If you really wanted to you could include the good bits of WDS in one day, but it does then mean you might have to skip something in Parc Disneyland.
    I've done both parks in 6 hours, but it helped that I had been before so I knew what I wanted to see and what to skip.

If you want to see some of the shows in WDS it might be best planning around their show times, but it might be necessary to sacrifice seeing some of them to allow more time in the other park.
    I guess if you're there at rope drop you could fit in Crush and perhaps Animagique, then either the Tower or the time consuming Tram Tour.
    Moteurs could be another option, but after that I probably wouldn't recommend much more and suggest allowing time for the 5 min walk to Parc Disneyland.
    Last edited by Hathaway Browne; 09-02-2012 at 07:36 AM.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

You have all given me so much to go by. I appreciate that very much. I know I have only 1 day and I don't plan to try to do it all - because I want to just be there and enjoy the atmosphere. What I want to make sure I get to are those things that might be particularily special to Disneyland Paris, those elements that are magical and unique to DP. I am just plain excited to be going and I get to brag that I have been to Disneyland Paris.

Although I haven't been to Disneyland California, so there might be some rides that are exactly the same over there as they are in Paris, these are the rides I definitely always do whenever I'm at the resort for just one day:

Big Thunder Mountain
    Indiana Jones et le Temple de Peril
    Space Mountain
    Pirates Of The Carribean
    Phantom Manor

Early afternoon it's a quick step out of the park to visit these rides at the studios (really, there's no need to waste time visiting the rest of the dreadful park):

Crush Coaster
    Tower Of Terror

After park closing: dinner at Annette's at Disney Village, linger on it, then back to your car.

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiele View Post
    Thank you mark.
    I'd love to read a trip report when you return. Tamiele, there are also lots of posts on DLP on my blog. Just search "Disneyland Paris". Photos, too.
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com