Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: 2013 : Jack Sparrow and Henry Ravenswood's revenge

Something I think we all have to come to terms with is the fact that Disney doesn't think of it as no new attraction coming to a specific park since such and such year. They really seem to think in terms of resorts overall - maybe all the new stuff has gone to only one park, but that park is still part of the resort so in their minds "it counts." We may not feel the same way but it's like the whole Disney Parks branding. They seem to be more comfortable with generic categorizing.

The company got too expansion-happy in a short period of time in the early 90s and instead of plussing what was already there a bunch of new parks opened up with not a whole lot to do in them. It takes a long time for big egos to admit mistakes.

California Adventure got some serious TLC, and many of the other parks are due for some as well. It's a question of how much money certain people are willing to spend and how they plan to stagger it all out.

• Team Hail HYDRA

they really need a mega DCA like redue

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    They really do!
    For the love of Disney....

• I'm a Lutheran

Not too sure how I'm feeling about the movie additions. Truthfully, there isn't any right for me to speak on this (never been to DLP), but it seems as if DLP has the most unique of the bunch, aside from Disneyland's POTC being the original (which is why I find it the best of the bunch). DLP has a certain atmosphere to it (not to mention the ordering of scenes) that makes it really special. Will Jack and the gang change this? What of the fate of the sword-fighters? Will the skeleton in the final treasure cave be replaced by Jack? Where'll Davy Jones go? Will Barbossa notice guests as DLP's current captain does? Hopefully they do it up right.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Team Hail HYDRA

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    Not too sure how I'm feeling about the movie additions. Truthfully, there isn't any right for me to speak on this (never been to DLP), but it seems as if DLP has the most unique of the bunch, aside from Disneyland's POTC being the original (which is why I find it the best of the bunch). DLP has a certain atmosphere to it (not to mention the ordering of scenes) that makes it really special. Will Jack and the gang change this? What of the fate of the sword-fighters? Will the skeleton in the final treasure cave be replaced by Jack? Where'll Davy Jones go? Will Barbossa notice guests as DLP's current captain does? Hopefully they do it up right.
    Or don't do it at all

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    On one hand EDL/DLP wasn't built as low budget as DCA. On the other hand WDS was and the economy isn't helping, maybe a quality overhaul/expansion is what the doctor should order.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 11-21-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12