Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2013 : Updates of Pirates of the Caribbean and Phantom Manor

In 2013, Pirates of the Caribbean will close from January 7 to March 13, logically in order to finally install Jack Sparrow's Audio-animatronics inside the ride. Phantom Manor (the manor owned by Henry Ravenswood) is also rumored to receive a major update for the Halloween Season.
    Last edited by Fultimate; 10-22-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Re: 2013 : Jack Sparrow and Henry Ravenswood's revenge

Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post
    In 2013, Pirates of the Caribbean will close from January 7 to March 13, logically in order to finally install Jack Sparrow's Audio-animatronics inside the ride. Phantom Manor (the manor owned by Henry Ravenswood) is also rumored to receive a major update for the Halloween Season.
    Sounds good! I was wondering what the next investment in the resort will be besides Ratatouille. Now I'm hoping Star Tours 2 will also be coming for 2013 or 2014. But at least we have some small things to look forward to in 2013 as well with these updates to Pirates and Phantom Manor.

Thanks for the update!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Where are these rumours coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Where are these rumours coming from?
    For Phantom Manor, from Philippe Gas.
    For POTC, from miscellaneous French forums.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Cool thanks, the Phantom Manor idea sounds awesome. But I have some doubts because Phillipe has been misquoted before. Remember when he said the Studios would receive two attractions.

In 2013, Pirates of the Caribbean will close from January 7 to March 13, logically in order to finally install Jack Sparrow's Audio-animatronics inside the ride.
    It's about time they took care of unfinished business.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

• Bangarang!

I sort of misread this.. at first I thought that Cap'n Jack was going to be plundering the Manor house or the Phantom was going to seek revenge down at Port Royale.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Re: 2013 : Updates of Pirates of the Caribbean and Phantom Manor

False for POTC !
    The refurb of 2013 is just a big ride system update (the station and tower of control)
    Jack Sparrow was completely canceled for Paris...
    Sorry !

Could someone elaborate on what "Henry Ravenswood's Revenge" might entail? I can't tell if this is meant to be some sort of seasonal overlay or permanent plussing. Phantom Manor is one of my favorite attractions anywhere, and I'd be very interested in knowing what plans they have for it!
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
    -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
    ~Alice Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    False for POTC !
    The refurb of 2013 is just a big ride system update (the station and tower of control)
    Jack Sparrow was completely canceled for Paris...
    Sorry !
    Well. First, DLP's Audio-Animatronics in Pirates of the Caribbean need a substantial rehab. Secondly, DLP's version is the only one without any reference to the movies. Moreover, and as I recall, the improvements to the parisian version are not meant to be the same as the american versions. I think that just a little reference to the movie might be added (maybe just one Audio-Animatronic of Jack Sparrow). The intention of Walt Disney Imagineering is probably not to give Jack Sparrow an important place in the ride, but to make it part of the crew as well as the other pirates. I think it would be cheaper and better, because Jack Sparrow doesn't represent piracy on his own. And, once again, the audio-animatronics need far more attention. Their movements are not realistic in Paris!

And last but not least, Philippe Gas has already talked about some updates planned for existing rides in the Disneyland Park to live down the lack of real novelty and innovation in this park (no new E-ticket in the Disneyland Park Paris since 1995 and Space Mountain : That's a shame for the 1st worldwide entertainment company!). Managers can't only focus on the Walt Disney Studios Park and let the Disneyland Park Paris dying away.
    Last edited by Fultimate; 10-23-2012 at 06:47 AM.

• Member of Baxter's Army

The intention of Walt Disney Imagineering is probably not to give Jack Sparrow an important place in the ride, but to make it part of the crew as well as the other pirates. I think it would be cheaper and better, because Jack Sparrow doesn't represent piracy on his own. .
    If only that were their intention when they added him to DL, WDW and TDL.

Well. First, DLP's Audio-Animatronics in Pirates of the Caribbean need a substantial rehab. Secondly, DLP's version is the only one without any reference to the movies. Moreover, and as I recall, the improvements to the parisian version are not meant to be the same as the american versions. I think that just a little reference to the movie might be added (maybe just one Audio-Animatronic of Jack Sparrow). The intention of Walt Disney Imagineering is probably not to give Jack Sparrow an important place in the ride, but to make it part of the crew as well as the other pirates. I think it would be cheaper and better, because Jack Sparrow doesn't represent piracy on his own. And, once again, the audio-animatronics need far more attention. Their movements are not realistic in Paris!

And last but not least, Philippe Gas has already talked about some updates planned for existing rides in the Disneyland Park to live down the lack of real novelty and innovation in this park (no new E-ticket in the Disneyland Park Paris since 1995 and Space Mountain : That's a shame for the 1st worldwide entertainment company!). Managers can't only focus on the Walt Disney Studios Park and let the Disneyland Park Paris dying away.
    I agree with you, but you will see, on the next refurb, nothing will happen concerning an update of the show !

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

When Disneyland's and Walt Disney World's Pirates of the Caribbean attractions were closed for the film updates and general attraction upgrades, they were closed for much longer than a couple of months. I think they would need more time to integrate new audio-animatronics so I'm going to say that the film updates are not coming to Paris (yet). I will say that I hope they do not insert a bunch of new things from the films - at the most, as Fultimate said, one Jack Sparrow would be more than enough. It is rather frustrating that the films have taken over the US rides, which the films were based off of in the first place. The Paris attraction is the closest to the original that is left (with some really extra cool effects, when they work), so I would hope that it would be kept that way.

Both Pirates of the Caribbean and Phantom Manor deserve some TLC though, so it would be nice to see some of the effects fixed/spruced up.

I'm curious of what could come to Phantom Manor. Do we have any more information/a link to read more?
    Last edited by pineapplewhipaddict; 10-24-2012 at 02:43 PM.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

(no new E-ticket in the Disneyland Park Paris since 1995 and Space Mountain
    No new E-Ticket in the Magic Kingdom in Florida since 1992. Seems par for course in certain resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb View Post
    No new E-Ticket in the Magic Kingdom in Florida since 1992. Seems par for course in certain resorts.
    But Walt Disney World has 4 parks and so much things to do. Disneyland Paris only has 2 parks and one of them is ridiculous. And now, it has an expansion plan, even if the new rides are not amazing. And in Walt Disney World, the audio-animatronics work perfectly on the contrary of Disneyland Paris.
    Last edited by Fultimate; 10-27-2012 at 05:15 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast