Angry Terrorific Nights: DLP conceives (bad) attractions without Walt Disney Imagineering

This year, Disneyland Paris organizes for the thrid year its "Terrorific Nights" on October 26 and 27. It's a commercial success, because the park are full, but the quality and image of Disney has been completely scorned.

I explain: During the Terrorific Night, the sponsor (this year, the French TV-channel NRJ12) customizes the attractions (they add zombies in Studio Tram Tours and completely change the storyline of the ride to make it scary, for instance) or create new ones (this year a silly and unintersting movie instead of the Thea-awarded CineMagique). Not every attractions are open and the waiting times are as high as in the normal operating hours.

But, concerning this party, I think Disney is completely responsible for the boring stuff they present to the guests. WDI should forbid Disneyland Paris to customize or create new attractions without their permission, because it leads in a lack of quality. Disneyland Paris thinks "that's NRJ12 fault if the party is not good, not ours" but I think Disneyland Paris is completely responsible for everything they present to the guests. Parties like that don't match with the image of Disney.

For me, it's OK if sponsors create some animations or shows but I don't accept that they change the rides themselves, obviously without Walt Disney Imagineering.

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Fultimate; 10-26-2012 at 05:47 PM.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Terrorific Nights: DLP conceives (bad) attractions without Walt Disney Imagineeri

I'm all for a darker more intense Halloween Event for the Studios. But Disneyland Paris should be the ones to organise it. And it should follow the mood and atmosphere that Hong Kong Disneyland captures in its own Halloween Events. Scare mazes, perhaps a special Ghost Galaxy version of Rock n Roller Coaster. An ElecTRONica style dance party. The potential is truly endless.

• former CM

Monsters of the EUnite! (title by JCruise86--I want credit! ! ! !)

Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post
    This year, Disneyland Paris organizes for the thrid year its "Terrorific Nights" on October 26 and 27 . . . the quality and image of Disney has been completely scorned.
    . . . What are your thoughts?
    WARNING: UNREALISTIC POST BELOW.

There is one and only one group of outsiders I'd welcome.
    IF (and, again, this is unrealistic) at least a dozen of the leaders of Knott's Scary Farm spent a great deal of time planning this,
    if a great of care were put into hiring the monsters,
    if that studios park, BY FAR the worst of the 11 Disney parks (11 when excluding WDW's 2 waterparks), could be shut down for the entire month of September to help them prepare, and were closed during daylight hours in October,
    and if no one under 13 were admitted. . .

. . . I like to attend.

I am not saying that Europeans are creepy, but I'd have specific accents for different types of monsters. Hollywood could pull this off with its large pool of talented actors, and Paris could pull this off by just hiring people from different countries.

But which countries should be used for which monsters?

Re: Terrorific Nights: DLP conceives (bad) attractions without Walt Disney Imagineeri

Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post
    This year, Disneyland Paris organizes for the thrid year its "Terrorific Nights" on October 26 and 27. It's a commercial success, because the park are full, but the quality and image of Disney has been completely scorned.

I explain: During the Terrorific Night, the sponsor (this year, the French TV-channel NRJ12) customizes the attractions (they add zombies in Studio Tram Tours and completely change the storyline of the ride to make it scary, for instance) or create new ones (this year a silly and unintersting movie instead of the Thea-awarded CineMagique). Not every attractions are open and the waiting times are as high as in the normal operating hours.

But, concerning this party, I think Disney is completely responsible for the boring stuff they present to the guests. WDI should forbid Disneyland Paris to customize or create new attractions without their permission, because it leads in a lack of quality. Disneyland Paris thinks "that's NRJ12 fault if the party is not good, not ours" but I think Disneyland Paris is completely responsible for everything they present to the guests. Parties like that don't match with the image of Disney.

For me, it's OK if sponsors create some animations or shows but I don't accept that they change the rides themselves, obviously without Walt Disney Imagineering.

What are your thoughts?
    As a parent, I wouldn't mind taking my children to somewhat darker Halloween event in a Disneyland park, such as the halloween festivities presented at Hong Kong Disneyland, where for what I've seen in photos, appears to be well done, but scary enough to entertain those of us who are over 13 years of age, WITHOUT being vulgar or gory as the Horror Nights at Universal Studios can be. I am even all out for the sugary and totally kid-friendly Halloween events like the ones presented at Tokyo Disney parks, which appear to be very lavish and colorful.

But.. I'd be willing to enjoy those with my family in tow only because they are offered to visitors WITHOUT having to pay extra admission fee, on top of the regular day price.

If I did pay extra, then YES, I would hold Disney responsible for whatever special entertainment is being presented, even if an outside vendor was in charge of designing and building those temporary pay-for exhibits and shows. So I agree with your opinions. If you were not happy with your special evening experience, you are just as responsible for letting them know you were dissatisfied.

In regards to Disneyland Paris, seems like changing regular park exhibits/rides to suit the theme is just an excuse to add some merit to these night time parties. They probably think that by doing so, they feel they are filling the quota, or have an excuse, to charge extra money to attend. Much in a way they do at Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom parks during their Halloween parties.

My opinion is.. if they offer these events on a temporary basis, then make them available to all visitors and add more value to their day. I also think doing so would spread the crowds more evenly throughout the October month, as opposed to packing parks with selected evening parties only. This is why the Tokyo and Hong Kong Disneyland parks have an edge that I find more favorable. Too bad they are so so far to visit.