Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Conceptual Art of Walt Disney Studios Ratatouille "Rat-like" Ride Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I had never seen ANY plans for Disney MGM Europe before.

They would have been smart to go with these plans. Thanks for researching them out and publishing them.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    The Disney MGM Europe plans appear far more ambitious and grand than what the underwhelming (and in the red) DPR studios park ended up being for years. Some of the attractions you have listed might have found their way there had DLP not been ran by bead counting losers.
    When Disneyland Paris was my 'home park' we spent some time there, it is like DCA 1.0 but worse. Crush's Coaster has a horrific wait time but it's fun, Rock n Roller Coaster is cool because I'd never been on it in Florida, then Tower of Terror which is identical to the one in California, and then.... Maybe catch a show (Cinemagique or Lights, Moteurs, Action) and then it's time to go back to the other park.

When Disneyland Paris was my 'home park' we spent some time there, it is like DCA 1.0 but worse. Crush's Coaster has a horrific wait time but it's fun, Rock n Roller Coaster is cool because I'd never been on it in Florida, then Tower of Terror which is identical to the one in California, and then.... Maybe catch a show (Cinemagique or Lights, Moteurs, Action) and then it's time to go back to the other park.
    After eleven years, WDSP is still a half day park. However I enjoy spending time there to get away from the crowds, but still be able to ride something or to watch a show.

I wonder how the park would have looked like, if they didn't have the pressure to build another park so that they wouldn't lose the land rights. They could have waited longer until the economy was better again and maybe they would have incorporated the older plans into the new park.

• Iron-Clad Allie

That sounds like half a day at best to me. Probably wasn't any places worth eating meals at either. Wonder if they had more than one or two restrooms?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    After eleven years, WDSP is still a half day park. However I enjoy spending time there to get away from the crowds, but still be able to ride something or to watch a show.

I wonder how the park would have looked like, if they didn't have the pressure to build another park so that they wouldn't lose the land rights. They could have waited longer until the economy was better again and maybe they would have incorporated the older plans into the new park.
    Better to wait and work for something substantial than to rush into a disparaging outcome.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

The park needs "placemaking" and a billion dollar infusion of cash to be worthy of the DISNEY name.

• Iron-Clad Allie

The park needs "placemaking" and a billion dollar infusion of cash to be worthy of the DISNEY name.
    A billion in thematic placemaking refurb dollars could bring about an international favorite on the order of new DCA, with it's own individual ID and magical charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Better to wait and work for something substantial than to rush into a disparaging outcome.
    So true, but since WDSP has been built and is included in the ticket, you go there, especially when you spend several days at DLP, even if the park isn't worth the Disney name. Despite the bad look, the park has some good rides and shows. And honestly I want to do them when I'm at DLP.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Randy Savage has an awesome design for an ultimate build out of Disneyland Paris' Studios park that blows the original MGM plans out of the water:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VZgKSKHbs7...ten+Portal.PNG

Illustrative - Park formerly known as WDSP

• Cast Member

@ Ride Warrior

That sounds like half a day at best to me. Probably wasn't any places worth eating meals at either. Wonder if they had more than one or two restrooms?
    I'm usually there for about two hours.
    The only things I do are the Rock 'n Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror and Animagique.
    After that, I go back to the Disneyland Park.

But they have 5 restroom points there. With obviously all multiple toilets.
    * Next to Restaurant Des Stars
    * Next to the Tower of Terror
    * Behind Art of Animation (near the entrance of Studio Tram Tour)
    * In Studio 1 (turn the corner at the end of the main shop)
    * At "Place des Frères Lumière" (when you enter the park, immediately at your right hand side)

Which is actually a lot considering the size of the park.
    The only point in the park where they don't have a restroom is at the right hand side of the park (from the entering the park point of view). Like near Crush's Coaster, Flying Carpets over Agrabah, Toon Plaza...
    Walter Elias Disney is and will always be my number one inspiration in life.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Warrior, why the interest in knowing where the restrooms are? Is it related to your experiences riding on Tower of Terror?

• Iron-Clad Allie

So true, but since WDSP has been built and is included in the ticket, you go there, especially when you spend several days at DLP, even if the park isn't worth the Disney name. Despite the bad look, the park has some good rides and shows. And honestly I want to do them when I'm at DLP.
    I'm with you, Dagobert! There are some amazing, unique rides at DLP resort. Three that come to mind instantly are Crush's Coaster, the Armageddon special effects experience, the forward and reverse Indy coaster, and the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad launch that takes riders from the main park land thru a tunnel that travels beneath the water to an island where the rest of the ride takes place! How cool of a blast is that !!!

Randy Savage has an awesome design for an ultimate build out of Disneyland Paris' Studios park that blows the original MGM plans out of the water:

Randy's design is such a thrilling masterpiece, it demonstrates to me that he should be hired as an Imagineer by Disney. Those great, innovative plans are sticking in my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShellieMayDuffy View Post
    @ Ride Warrior

The only things I do are the Rock 'n Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror and Animagique.

* At "Place des Frères Lumière" (when you enter the park, immediately at your right hand side)

The only point in the park where they don't have a restroom is at the right hand side of the park (from the entering the park point of view). Like near Crush's Coaster, Flying Carpets over Agrabah, Toon Plaza...
    I like your attraction selection, ShellieMayDuffy. I'll bet that Rock 'n Roller Coaster is a steady on adrino rush! Does Rock music permiate the air throughout most of the ride?

Thanks for the synopsis of whaere the bathrooms are located. I'm only concerned about riding Crushes Coaster and the Magic Carpets ill-prepared now.

Warrior, why the interest in knowing where the restrooms are? Is it related to your experiences riding on Tower of Terror?
    Yes. They needed a plunger to unclog ToT when I hit the bottom during my last elevated experience at DCA. I

• Iron-Clad Allie

I'm with you, Dagobert! There are some amazing, unique rides at DLP resort. Three that come to mind instantly are Crush's Coaster, the Armageddon special effects experience, the forward and reverse Indy coaster, and the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad launch that takes riders from the main park land thru a tunnel that travels beneath the water to an island where the rest of the ride takes place! How cool of a blast is that !!!

Randy's design is such a thrilling masterpiece, it demonstrates to me that he should be hired as an Imagineer by Disney. Those great, innovative plans are sticking in my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShellieMayDuffy View Post
    @ Ride Warrior

I like your attraction selection, ShellieMayDuffy. I'll bet that Rock 'n Roller Coaster is a steady on adrino rush! Does Rock music permiate the air throughout most of the ride?

Thanks for the synopsis of whaere the bathrooms are located. I'm only concerned about riding Crushes Coaster and the Magic Carpets ill-prepared now.

Yes. They needed a plunger to unclog ToT when I hit the bottom during my last elevated experience at DCA.

• Not here to help

The rat will probably end up looking this ugly way. The map of the ride contains a ride vehicle looking like that big stupid rat we have seen in this thread.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123