Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Conceptual Art of Walt Disney Studios Ratatouille "Rat-like" Ride Vehicle

Source: Disney and More

Fascinating new art work shows a pretty cool vehicle with a rat-like face. The design is created to assist in giving one the illusionary "forced perspective" that guests are traveling thru a restaurant (and I believe other areas) that are much larger than them (albeit, a rat's eye perspective - if you'll pardon the pun).
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Conceptual Art of Walt Disney Studios Ratatouille "Rat-like" Ride Vehicle

LINK Please

• Surf's Up!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    LINK Please
    http://disneyandmore.blogspot.co.uk/...ille-ride.html
    The vehicle platform also confirm that the vehicle will use a trackless LPS system, probably like the Winnie the Pooh ride at TDL. Although WDI has still some time to change the vehicle design my feeling is that the final design should be close to this one, with eventually a change in the vehicle colors.

Edited: I've been told that this vehicle design concept is probably from 2010 so at least
    3 years old, so chances are that the final design might have changed.
    They giveth and then they taketh away....

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I think that design resulted in wheelchair passengers being flung out of the ride in all directions.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    http://disneyandmore.blogspot.co.uk/...ille-ride.html

They giveth and then they taketh away....

Thanks Hathaway Brown. At least we have a general idea of the type of care they are aiming to design.

I think that design resulted in wheelchair passengers being flung out of the ride in all directions.
    You've put your thumb right on it. They do have to remodify it in order to be handicapped safe.

• Team Hail HYDRA

The shell of it is sooooooooo cute

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Iron-Clad Allie

Yes indeedy! I believe that the shell is so cool, that it will remain closr to the same (even with safety features are added) after it is modified.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Yes indeedy, mratigan! I believe that the shell is so cool, that it will remain closr to the same (even with safety features are added) after it is modified.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I don't think you should travel "IN" the character from the story. It would be better if you were on a chunk of cheese or in a teacup or some other object that Remy would fit in. Such as the "Rescuers" vehicles.

I don't think you should travel "IN" the character from the story. It would be better if you were on a chunk of cheese or in a teacup or some other object that Remy would fit in. Such as the "Rescuers" vehicles.
    Indeed. Riding inside a character is very unDisney. More something a cheaper themepark would do.

Because it doesn't make sense to be riding inside a rat... It takes away from the immersion immediately.

I know it has been done by Disney, with Alice in Wonderland in Anaheim and a Bug's land etc. But I still think it's a lazy idea.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Alice, Dumbo and Bugs Land. I never noticed it so much in Alice, that you're inside a caterpillar, aren't you?

• Future Imagineer

Alice, Dumbo and Bugs Land. I never noticed it so much in Alice, that you're inside a caterpillar, aren't you?
    Don't forget RSR

• Surf's Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    Don't forget RSR
    At Quatre Roues Rallye to that as well. I think with the Cars attraction, there's no way around it. You have to travel in a car.

Dumbo is an unusual case, I think it'd have to get a pass because of its age.

As for Le Rat, well I didn't initially have a problem with it, but maybe it is a bit odd riding in one of Remy's relatives. Perhaps as CaliforniaAdventurer mentioned above, it should be something from the kitchen, or even something cobbled together from various items; like the escape rafts at the start of the film.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I think it's fair to say that traveling in "CARS" vehicles is an exception to this rule, THAT actually makes sense.

• Iron-Clad Allie

A teacup omnimover would be great; perhaps even a spinning coaster teacup. That would cause the flatride Alice teacups idea to move up scale into a highly advanced ride genra. Super idea CA! Your cheese vehicle concept stirs my tummy and makes me hungry. Your recuers idea sounds exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by konekobus View Post
    Indeed. Riding inside a character is very unDisney. More something a cheaper themepark would do.

Because it doesn't make sense to be riding inside a rat... It takes away from the immersion immediately.

I know it has been done by Disney, with Alice in Wonderland in Anaheim and a Bug's land etc. But I still think it's a lazy idea.
    I see your point. I would always be looking behind me for the rat's tail.

The beauty of the caterpillar is there's the alice one at Disneyland propper, and the one that knows how to do the Heimlich maneuver at DCA!

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    Don't forget RSR
    Never have, never will.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast