• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Star Wars sub-land for Disneyland Paris?

We've been hearing rumors that Disneyland Paris is being considered as one of the sites for a Star Wars infusion in the parks.

Micechatter Randy Savage has designed such a project, it looks like this:

Ideal Buildout: Paris - Star Wars Outpost II

Pretty interesting, this was published almost a year ago and now Disney seems to be interested in doing exactly this.

Anyone have other news about Star Wars in Paris?

• Cast Member

Re: Star Wars sub-land for Disneyland Paris?

And this fits in with the theme of Discoveryland how?
    I've heard those rumors for a very long time, and they keep getting stronger.
    But for me personally, I hate this idea!
    Star Tours is a great attraction, but Star Wars Land doesn't fit anywhere in the Disneyland Paris main park.
    If they're gonna do it, they should at least place it in the Walt Disney Studios Park.
    Walter Elias Disney is and will always be my number one inspiration in life.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Or maybe not a 'sub-land' but give it the distinction of being it's own land.

Disneyland Paris never added Mickey's Toon Town or New Orleans/Liberty Square, or any other new lands. Anaheim, Orlando, Tokyo and even Hong Kong have more 'lands' than Paris.

Yup, there are plenty of rumours about this. Even EuroDisney S.C.A. CEO Phillipe Gas has joined the party... he confirmed the existence of a Star Wars project for Disneyland Park during a shareholders meeting.
    Determined to become an Imagineer. If you have the time please check out my home Imagineering project on my DeviantArt page: http://vdburg.deviantart.com/gallery/38207573

I think this could be a great addition for DLP. The star tours area is isolated from the main discoveryland area so a sw land there wouldn't impact the main land.

I visited DLP last week for the first time in 11 years & was shocked at the state of the park. It's so sad to see how it looks now so anything to improve things would be good.

Let's hope we get an Indy land as well with the IJA finally making it to Europe as well.

Yes I agree, I just finished reading it and posted a question relating to it.

The parisian Stars Wars Land consists of Star Tours II (of course) plus a meet'n'greet (replacing Star Traders), a shop (replacing Astroport), Jedi Training Academy (replacing Captain EO) and La Cantina (replacing Buzz Lightyear's Pizza Planet Restaurant). It's an area within a land (just like Storybook Circus in Florida's Fantasyland).

For the moment, the project is just a rumor.

• Iron-Clad Allie

DL Paris could use a new mini land. The Sar Wars shooter dark ride sounds fresh and exciting. for one thing, I'd love tlo blow apart Jabba The Hutt and see if all of that fatty ecto plasm of oozes all over the place!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

If it wasn't part of Discoveryland proper, and it's own separately titled Land, I would be ok with this. It needs to be separate, it's own beast. And perhaps more than the rumour above. An E-ticket of it's own also please!
    First visit to a Disney Park was to Tokyo Disneyland in Oct, 2005. I was hooked! Was so blessed to visit Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea in 2009, the original Disneyland and California Adventure in 2010, Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea in 2011, and an incredible 5 night stay at Disneyland Paris in February 2013.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post
    The parisian Stars Wars Land consists of Star Tours II (of course) plus a meet'n'greet (replacing Star Traders), a shop (replacing Astroport), Jedi Training Academy (replacing Captain EO) and La Cantina (replacing Buzz Lightyear's Pizza Planet Restaurant). It's an area within a land (just like Storybook Circus in Florida's Fantasyland).

For the moment, the project is just a rumor.
    Disapointing x 2

Sorry if this post is borderline armchair imagineering, but I was thinking about the layout of this much rumored DLP expansion. At first i wasn't too happy about the news of a retheme of the backside of Discoveryland to a Star Wars mini land. Discoveryland is such a cool land, but right now its theme has been quite muddled (and the Star Tours/Captain EO area has always been the weak one). But then occurred to me, since they've seen that attractions updates don't bring big crowds ( la SM:M2), they may realize that for Star Tours II to be a big hit they may be willing to spend a little more and cut the logistical legacy with the old attraction. The way to do so would be making the current Star Tours facade to be only Discoveryland backdrop (maybe developing a better Discoveryland Station), and going the Toontown way putting all this new land beyond the berm. I made some quick notes on a Google Maps screenshot:

The fat red line would be the rerouting of Star Tours queue (through what should be current Captain EO exit lane), the think black line it's the limit of the onstage area of this new land.

This way we could end up having a better Discoveryland (i'm always been pissed that the steam train would stop in the non-steampunk area of the land... such a waste!) and a fully immersive Mos Eisley enviroment (if they have learnt something about fully immersive lands with the Cars Land lesson)

Doing so would look to be much more expensive than retheming only the currents facades, but Tatooine is a desert planet, and Mos Eisley is mostly made of boxy adobe buildings like this:

and right now Star Tours backstage looks like this:

So well, my theory is that Mos Eisley over the berm at DLP could be the less expensive new land EVER.

Hope this post makes sense outside my head

Q
    Attached Images Attached Images