Mickey and the Magical Map (2014 : Cancelled)

The musical show Mickey and the Magical Map is apparently being considered for Disneyland Paris, according to Cast Members of the Entertainment department. It's rumored to arrive in 2014.
    Last edited by Fultimate; 04-29-2013 at 03:16 AM.

Re: Mickey and the Magical Map (2014 ?)

I've received more information about this. Mickey and the Magical Map was envisionned for Paris, but the project has been cancelled due to financial reasons. We won't see this show in Paris.

• Cast Member

How suprising. We don't get anything in Paris anymore, except from two new scènes in Disney Dreams.
    Every show gets cancelled, every parade gets cancelled, every character disappears.
    All due to financial reasons which is actually a lot of crap. It's ridiculous!
    Walter Elias Disney is and will always be my number one inspiration in life.

• Not here to help

Why do they even consider things at all?
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

No surprise that we won't be getting the show. The production vaules look expensive. Besides entertainment with the exception of Dreams and Magic is one of the areas Euro Disney S.C.A will use to cut costs from when it needs to save money. So a new show would have a short lifespan because most guests prefer Character meet & greets to a musical show.

• Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    No surprise that we won't be getting the show. The production vaules look expensive. Besides entertainment with the exception of Dreams and Magic is one of the areas Euro Disney S.C.A will use to cut costs from when it needs to save money. So a new show would have a short lifespan because most guests prefer Character meet & greets to a musical show.
    To be fair, I actually would prefer a musical show.
    There are a lot of Character Meet & Greet possibilities, just not on the official program.
    But that doesn't mean it isn't there. You just have to make an effor for it and go find them.

In September last year I found 37 characters in just 3 days!
    Last March which was just 7 weeks ago, I found 32 characters in just 3 days!
    They are there, people are just too lazy to go look for them.
    And apart from Character Hunting, I did every single ride/attraction there is, and I saw every piece of entertainment (Dreams, Magic on Parade, Celebration Train, Stars 'n Cars). So it is possible.

I'd rather just see Tarzan back. That's my favorite. Any other show (old or new) is also fine by me.
    But I'd at least rather see any show back.
    Walter Elias Disney is and will always be my number one inspiration in life.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I'd much rather see shows like Tarzan return. Or see something unique like Mickey and the Magical Map. But these shows are not high on the agenda for most Guests who visit. And so Disneyland Paris can justify this by removing shows to save cost. And it will go unnoticed to most people. Yet you remove the Characters and people would be complaining and creating hell at City Hall.