Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Not here to help

Re: Horrible Disneyland Paris Experience

A friend of took her children to Disneyland Paris. She told a CM that they would like to meet Mickey and wondered if it could be arranged. The CM told her that "just because you can do it in America does not mean you can do it in France" and walked away.

These things are what to expect when in France.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    A friend of took her children to Disneyland Paris. She told a CM that they would like to meet Mickey and wondered if it could be arranged. The CM told her that "just because you can do it in America does not mean you can do it in France" and walked away.
    And it's not only Americans who are treated rudely by DLP employees, I've noticed a number of similar complaints on the internet from British visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Heck'sBusDriver View Post
    Although you think that Disneyland Paris, being an international tourist destination, would be a little more relaxed about its etiquette.
    Exactly. One also would think that regardless of its location, an international tourist destination bearing the Disney name and charging Disney premium prices would ensure that its employees maintain Disney's world-famous standards of customer service.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 05-02-2013 at 02:26 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I have visited Disneyland Paris several times over the years and my last trip was in 2012. And I have never encountered any problems which I have felt were rude experiences. Had many bad experiences when it comes to maintenance and upkeep. But not in regards to Cast Members. Oh and I am British. Walt Disney World on the other hand I have witnessed and recieved very rude service from Cast Members. And I know this seems from various reports to be something that is actually happening more and more. With people now starting to take notice and speak up.

The Cast Members at Disneyland Resort and the Tokyo Disney Resort are by far the best I have met. I felt the guys in Hong Kong were good too but read some feedback recently that seems to suggest differently. Anyway I'm off to Orlando and Hong Kong this year so I'll be sure to report back. But from first hand encounters I have never met a Cast Member in Paris who I have felt to be rude or offer me a poor service. And I have made complaints about the general upkeep at City Hall on previous trips. And I didn't use the correct approach when introducing myself to the French Cast Members.

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

We've been to DLP three times, in three seasons, and in three different decades. The customer service provided by the CMs has been nothing short of excellent all three visits. As recently as this past January. Detailed trip report here.
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

• Cast Member

I've been to Disneyland Paris over 30 multiple-day trips, and over 20 single-day trips, in the past 21 years.
    I've been a regular visitor of DLP since the opening in 1992.
    I'm a proud owner of a Annuel Passeport and a shareholder, both for more then 5 years now.
    So I can say that I have quite some experience when it comes to DLP.
    I find it a bit irritating actually that everyone who's been to any other Disney park always bitches about DLP.

1) Europe in general is completely different then the US. We have a completely different mentality here. So yes, that also means that the CM's are different here.
    2) In total I've been to DLP somewhere between 50-60 times. I have NEVER had any bad experience with CM's whatsoever.

I's not just the CM's, it's also the people who complain about it. It's really just the way you look at things. If you go into the Disney park with the feeling that you're back home in the magical place, there's absolutely nothing or no one who can ruin things for you. If you're someone who is already a bit difficult by nature, then you're getting annoyed more easily.

I find it actually a bit childish if you let a comment from a CM effect your trip.
    So someone said something that you took completely out of context?
    Does that really mean that DLP is that horrific as some people here state it is?
    No. You don't like it? Great. Stay in the States. More room for me to enjoy the magic.
    Because NO, DLP isn't that bad. And YES, there's love and magic in that park. A lot of it actually.
    Walter Elias Disney is and will always be my number one inspiration in life.

• Minion

ORDDU: I'm sorry you were treated so rudely at Disneyland Paris, Tiki God, duckling. I've heard other stories over the years which mirror your own experience as to how it is over in France. I'm also sorry and surprised by some of the negative reactions you've received from others, here, who seem to be going out of their way to misunderstand you and the points you were trying to make. You sound like a reasonable enough individual to me. There will always be thorns among the roses in life. The trick is to gather as many roses as you can and try to leave the thorns alone. Many hugs to you, duckling.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by ShellieMayDuffy View Post
    I've been to Disneyland Paris over 30 multiple-day trips, and over 20 single-day trips, in the past 21 years.
    I've been a regular visitor of DLP since the opening in 1992.
    I'm a proud owner of a Annuel Passeport and a shareholder, both for more then 5 years now.
    So I can say that I have quite some experience when it comes to DLP.
    I find it a bit irritating actually that everyone who's been to any other Disney park always bitches about DLP.

1) Europe in general is completely different then the US. We have a completely different mentality here. So yes, that also means that the CM's are different here.
    2) In total I've been to DLP somewhere between 50-60 times. I have NEVER had any bad experience with CM's whatsoever.

I's not just the CM's, it's also the people who complain about it. It's really just the way you look at things. If you go into the Disney park with the feeling that you're back home in the magical place, there's absolutely nothing or no one who can ruin things for you. If you're someone who is already a bit difficult by nature, then you're getting annoyed more easily.

I find it actually a bit childish if you let a comment from a CM effect your trip.
    So someone said something that you took completely out of context?
    Does that really mean that DLP is that horrific as some people here state it is?
    No. You don't like it? Great. Stay in the States. More room for me to enjoy the magic.
    Because NO, DLP isn't that bad. And YES, there's love and magic in that park. A lot of it actually.
    Could it be that you are more used to bad service than some others here?
    We have akk heard the horror stories of how people have been treated in that place and that is a sign of that something is wrong. People dont complain just to complain. Not that many atleast. There has always been and will always be horrible CMs in DLP, just as there are many good.
    Out of all Disney resorts one has t to be the worst when it comes to service. It happends to be DLP.

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    We've been to DLP three times, in three seasons, and in three different decades. The customer service provided by the CMs has been nothing short of excellent all three visits. As recently as this past January. Detailed trip report here.
    For the love of Disney....

Funny - I was at Disneyland Paris for the first time ever in my life on Wednesday, May 1. I was in London on business & decided to hop the Eurostar train down to Paris for a few nights at a Disney hotel & 1 full day at the parks.

First of all - it really is an amazing park that I'm grateful to have seen! The park had it's own kind of charm to it. In my short time there I had only 1 bad encounter with a guest relations cast member (of all people!) who refused to speak to me in English when needing help with my ticket. It was strange - I did what others posted here... said "Bon jour" and waited, but the French persisted even when I offered to speak in Spanish. Everyone else I encountered though, from the rides to restaurants to merchandise, were totally in line with Disney quality service. The guy at hotel check in was super nice too!

Where there are rude people all over the place - was with the park & hotel guests. In 24-hours I don't remember being pushed so much in my entire life... breakfast buffet, any park line or show, etc. etc. Eventually I just expected it and surrendered to the fact that I'll be touched all day, then eventually you just don't notice it anymore. The scary large French women waiting behind me for Pirates might as well have been riding my back through the in line.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Out of all Disney resorts one has t to be the worst when it comes to service. It happends to be DLP
    Being a global traveller to the Disney Parks I don't feel the Cast Members are as bad as some I've met at WDW. Timmy I tend to take your comments with a pinch of salt mostly because everyone of your post's tends to be critical of Disneyland Paris in some way that it has become a bit of a joke. Some of it is warrented but much of it is not!!!

Interesting to note that some of the people posting here have never even stepped foot in the park. And are only commentating based on other online reports. Sometimes people from the States should look closer to home when complaining about Disneyland Paris and its rude service. Walt Disney World with both costumer service and behaviour of its Guests has been in a decline for a good number of years. Perhaps this is accepted when at home but not when travelling outside of the United States. I was just messaging someone the other day from the States who has just come back from WDW. And her feedback wasn't amazing let me tell you. Disneyland Paris has a number of faults and going over my posts over the years you will see I have criticised the company a great number of times. But what I can't fault them on is bad customer service. Several other things like cutbacks, maintenance, wasted opportunity's and stupid Management decisions. But not on bad customer service. And when it comes to the Guests bad behaviour I've seen it at all Disney Parks. I still recall the horror stories from the 25th Anniversary of Tokyo Disneyland when a group from a well known Disney Fan Club based in the States caused a lot of tension between themselves and the Cast Members working that day. Going as far to call them interbreeds. It might have only been one or two individuals from that particular group but then again it only leaves one person to leave a bad impression on you!

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Being a global traveller to the Disney Parks I don't feel the Cast Members are as bad as some I've met at WDW. Timmy I tend to take your comments with a pinch of salt mostly because everyone of your post's tends to be critical of Disneyland Paris in some way that it has become a bit of a joke. Some of it is warrented but much of it is not!!!

Interesting to note that some of the people posting here have never even stepped foot in the park. And are only commentating based on other online reports. Sometimes people from the States should look closer to home when complaining about Disneyland Paris and its rude service. Walt Disney World with both costumer service and behaviour of its Guests has been in a decline for a good number of years. Perhaps this is accepted when at home but not when travelling outside of the United States. I was just messaging someone the other day from the States who has just come back from WDW. And her feedback wasn't amazing let me tell you. Disneyland Paris has a number of faults and going over my posts over the years you will see I have criticised the company a great number of times. But what I can't fault them on is bad customer service. Several other things like cutbacks, maintenance, wasted opportunity's and stupid Management decisions. But not on bad customer service. And when it comes to the Guests bad behaviour I've seen it at all Disney Parks. I still recall the horror stories from the 25th Anniversary of Tokyo Disneyland when a group from a well known Disney Fan Club based in the States caused a lot of tension between themselves and the Cast Members working that day. Going as far to call them interbreeds. It might have only been one or two individuals from that particular group but then again it only leaves one person to leave a bad impression on you!
    Here is something from another global traveler.
    You can take my posts with a pinch of pepper also but it doesnt change the fact that DLP gets ALOT bad rep due to nasty CMs and guests. The guest experiences are real and DLP should treat them as nothing else, but they dont. If they did it would have changed but it hasnt.
    Even if Tokyo Disneylands 25th celebrations FIVE YEARS AGO got twice as many bad reviews i CM services it would be a fraction of what DLP gets all the time. Thats not me, thats a fact.

More jokes coming up soon. Topic: DLP
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 05-07-2013 at 02:44 AM.

I am really sorry to heard your story about the wheelchair and the other one about the "Guest Assistance Card".

Did you stay in a Disney hotel ? Because sometimes, they can help.

However, about the policies for guest with disabilities, everything is on the official website (DisneylandParis.com) in English. Disneyland Paris complies with the french law, who might be a little or completely differents from yours.

I hope your letter to Guest Communications will help to find another way to help Guest in your situation to rent a wheelchair, even if (sometimes) depends on circumstances, that is (unofficially) possible.

Skipper03, about the CM who refused to speak in English with you, did you remember the name on the nametag or how he looked ?
    Last edited by Loc Potter; 05-07-2013 at 05:24 AM.

Guest Relations & Ticketing Coordinator @ Disneyland Paris
    English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

• Minion

ORDDU: Don't let the negative comments against you discourage you, Timmy, duckling. My sisters and I have more confidence in your opinions than we do in some of those who criticize you. At least you don't come across like some sort of 'know it all' the way certain others do. As for the French, we'll never forget the comment Candace Bergen made many years back about the well known rudeness displayed by the French. By now their bad manners over there are legendary.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Ok. So I read through this "discussion" and I have to throw in my two bits.

To the OP: You are in a foreign country. Having lived in Eastern Europe for a few years, and really embracing the local customs and traditions, I can say that nothing is really more offensive than when a person visits your country and compares everything to how things are run in their home country. You are a guest there. If you don't enjoy the culture, experience etc, don't travel there or spend money there.

Also when traveling to a foreign land with a family member with a disability, I personally cannot fathom not having the necessary medical equipment and necessities to accommodate their needs. Without being rude, I find that baffling.

I understand that traveling abroad can be scary, confusing, intimidating, and that when you visit an American icon like a Disney Park, you expect that to be the same... like eating McDonald's or staying in a Hilton. But the Disney parks Cast Members all reflect their local cultures and attitudes.

I wish you luck in the future, and I hope you won't make assumptions when you travel abroad again.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post
    This restaurant (King Ludwig's Castle) is fully owned and managed by Euro Disney.
    No, it doesn't. The owner and manager is Groupe Flo until 2015. Maybe, after this date, the contract will not renew and Disney will become the full owner.

Guest Relations & Ticketing Coordinator @ Disneyland Paris
    English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast