Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Horrible Disneyland Paris Experience

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Here is something from another global traveler.
    You can take my posts with a pinch of pepper also but it doesnīt change the fact that DLP gets ALOT bad rep due to nasty CMīs and guests. The guest experiences are real and DLP should treat them as nothing else, but they donīt. If they did it would have changed but it hasnīt.
    Even if Tokyo Disneylands 25th celebrations FIVE YEARS AGO got twice as many bad reviews i CM services it would be a fraction of what DLP gets all the time. Thatīs not me, thatīs a fact.

More jokes coming up soon. Topic: DLP
    Yet someone like myself has never experienced any of this behaviour on my 8-9 trips to Disneyland Paris. So I don't believe the experiences are real all the time. Instead of seeing another post dedicated to criticising Disneyland Paris and jumping on the bandwagon. Perhaps instead you'd like to share with us some of these truly terrible experiences you've personally suffered by the hands of the French Cast Members on your previous trips. In the case of the Original Poster how much of what he suffered in regards to the Wheelchair situation was down to a rude Cast Member and how much of it is down to not having his own way. I believe very strongly in two sides to every story and I also feel after so many visits to the Resort often staying several nights and communicating hundreds of times with the Cast at Disneyland Paris I would by now have picked up on rudeness.

Also should you not refer to DLP as a vendetta instead of topic. Although I'm certain in future discussions we will very much see eye to eye on the issues but this particular subject we'll have to disagree on until I experience it with my own eyes.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: I'm sorry you were treated so rudely at Disneyland Paris, Tiki God, duckling. I've heard other stories over the years which mirror your own experience as to how it is over in France. I'm also sorry and surprised by some of the negative reactions you've received from others, here, who seem to be going out of their way to misunderstand you and the points you were trying to make. You sound like a reasonable enough individual to me. There will always be thorns among the roses in life. The trick is to gather as many roses as you can and try to leave the thorns alone. Many hugs to you, duckling.
    Orddu, this is the root of the problem... Going overseas to France with the expectation that their staff will provide you with hugs and kisses to make your boo-boo go away... Americans are over-pacified in a big way.

ORDDU: Don't let the negative comments against you discourage you, Timmy, duckling. My sisters and I have more confidence in your opinions than we do in some of those who criticize you. At least you don't come across like some sort of 'know it all' the way certain others do. As for the French, we'll never forget the comment Candace Bergen made many years back about the well known rudeness displayed by the French. By now their bad manners over there are legendary.
    Once again, without yourself setting foot in France, you remember actress Candace Bergen once publicly decreed that the French are rude... so it must be? Really!?! This is your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Yet someone like myself has never experienced any of this behaviour on my 8-9 trips to Disneyland Paris. So I don't believe the experiences are real all the time. Instead of seeing another post dedicated to criticising Disneyland Paris and jumping on the bandwagon. Perhaps instead you'd like to share with us some of these truly terrible experiences you've personally suffered by the hands of the French Cast Members on your previous trips. In the case of the Original Poster how much of what he suffered in regards to the Wheelchair situation was down to a rude Cast Member and how much of it is down to not having his own way. I believe very strongly in two sides to every story and I also feel after so many visits to the Resort often staying several nights and communicating hundreds of times with the Cast at Disneyland Paris I would by now have picked up on rudeness.
    Exactly.

Thank you California Adventurer and Malin for your argues.

Sometimes, when I read some threads, I have the impressions that we (and I) are horrible and rude. But we are not! We are differents and our culture and our customs are differents too.

I don't say we are always right because I have some example where the CM are wrong (include myself), because we are all humans and we learn from our mistakes.

European Cast Members are not only French, but they are also Belgian, Dutch, Germans, Italians, Spanish, English and from other countries of the north and the east of Europe. And we are all differents, even in France, we are not all the same.
    Last edited by Loïc Potter; 05-07-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Guest Relations & Ticketing Coordinator @ Disneyland Paris
    English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

• Not here to help

Also should you not refer to DLP as a vendetta instead of topic. Although I'm certain in future discussions we will very much see eye to eye on the issues but this particular subject we'll have to disagree on until I experience it with my own eyes.
    I really donīt have any bad experiences with CMīs in DLP. I never talk to to them since they always answer me in french.
    The only bad experience with other people in DLP I have had was a woman attacking me in waiting line for an attraction. The present CM was both blind and deaf... and did not help.
    My only bad experiences with DLP really was all the missing effects, broken rides, rotten buildings and fading paint. ...and the sewage problem they have outside the Disneyland Hotel that made me almost vomit in disgust.

Otherwise it is the best Disneyland. A perfect blend of thrilling and children friendly rides and a castle that beats anything else they have built in Europe.

I will soon introduce the Disneyland experience to my fosterson. DLP will be the first Disney resort he visits. I will be fair in that TR whenever that happens.

To the ladies of Morva... I donīt let anything here get me down. I surprised that there is any reaction at all. I just write what I think and state my oppinion.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 05-07-2013 at 02:23 PM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion

ORDDU: Well, I'm glad you have a much more mature attitude than certain others, Timmy, duckling. At least you're not trying to pick fights with others the way they have tried to pick fights with you. The person who started this thread certainly didn't deserve any of the negative reactions he received, either.

• Banned User

ORDDU: Well, I'm glad you have a much more mature attitude than certain others, Timmy, duckling. At least you're not trying to pick fights with others the way they have tried to pick fights with you.
    So by using your quote from Candace Bergen that French people are rude that's not trying to provoke and cause a fight or scene. Unless you have been to France you really have no real views on how the French behave so I'd appreciate you stop trying to get a reaction out of people.
    Last edited by Malin; 05-07-2013 at 03:31 PM.

• Banned User

I really donīt have any bad experiences with CMīs in DLP. I never talk to to them since they always answer me in french.
    Thanks for answering the question truthfully Timmy. I feel terrible for people planning first time vacations to Disneyland Paris and reading these horror stories about how horrific the Cast Members treat the Guests. When its simply not the case.

In regards to Guests only 60% of the People who visit are French. The rest of its visitors are from all over Europe. But it's all down to the individual and not the Nation. You can find unpleasant people all over the World.

We share a lot of the same views when it comes to upkeep and maintenance. Reading another trip report from another Member on here I'm sure we can all agree this is where the true problems lie.

I wish you and your Fosterson a great trip later this year.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Although all the CMs speak at least two languages fluently, you're in France. So the first language to go to would be .... French. Unless they see you don't speak French, then... let's try English. Unless by this time you've already moved along, they can probably speak English. But I speak French fluently, so I always communicate with the CMs in French.

• Banned User

When I start with a bonjour at DLP I find most Cast Members will pick up my accent and instantly start talking in English.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

When I start with a bonjour at DLP I find most Cast Members will pick up my accent and instantly start talking in English.
    When I was starting out and just learning French, I took offense at that. Don't you understand me in French? Now, I realize people who do that are trying to be courteous.

It almost doesn't happen to me any more. Sure they pick up that I have an accent but it's low key enough that they can't place it and aren't sure what my first language is.

Now, when you visit France as an American who has command of their language... the French are not rude, in fact they treat you like a rock star.

And without getting into a lengthy derail, I'll put it bluntly: the French lag behind other Europeans at learning English. It has to do with when and how English is taught in school, and whether or not films/tv shows are dubbed into the local language as they are in France or subtitled (as they are in Scandinavia or Holland.)

I think Americans generally have an attitude that the rest of the world speaks English fluently, and if they can't or don't or won't, it's because they're rude, not deficient.

• Closed Account

At Disneyland in California, you would not have been able to rent the wheelchair for the next morning the day before, regardless of what you were doing the night before (on or off Disney property). We have used their wheelchairs before and they are first come, first serve.

The night before our first day in the park I went to Guest Relations to ask about getting a wheel chair. After a friendly smile and a "Bon Jour" from me, I ask the cast member what I need to do to get a wheelchair, since my wife can't take the long walk to the park entrance. She responds with a look of indifference and a curt: "You have to rent it in the park." I point out that the park is going to close soon, and that we are not going into the park until the following morning. "Is there some way I can get the chair without having to pay to get into the park?

• Sock Puppet

Lovely Bluegrass Band btw! I lived in Kentucky for 3 years

Well I haven't been to DLP but I hope to with my boyfriend in a year. We would be driving from his internship in Germany.

But anyhow, well I agree with you. I think it's perfectly alright to demand service. It's like, going to a restaurant advertising Lobster and they are out. Not to sound spoiled, but you are going to the Disneyland, the Happiest Place on Earth. Comforts for certain situations should be allotted. And if not advertised, at least available to be called on in certain situations.

DLR lost my reservation (just me) at Blue Bayou twice in a day, the 2nd time, I started crying. The hostesses had acted so.... rude to me. They, I dunno, scrambled and got me a table 10-15min later. I had one, they lost it.... so I said ok I will eat later.... when is open. I got the later reservation.... waited 2 or so hours longer to eat and then bam, they had lost it again. Someone can argue.... that's blah blah blahs fault, not the Cast Members'. Well regardless, they acted like I made it up when I said this is the 2nd time you've lost it. And then the first hostess walks by and I said they remember me. So there it is. But you know, everyone can act in bad manners. Exhaustion never helps.

Here's to better manners and better service!

• Sock Puppet

It's been entertaining, but what is the justification for booing someone when you find out they're American?

On/off topic. I think it should be noted how important it is to do as much research as possible before traveling abroad. No matter where you're going, one of the most offensive things someone can do in a foreign country is expect the locals to cater to them based on where they're from. I am in no way saying that the original poster or anyone else here has done this or didn't do their research. However, it has been my experience when meeting people who have felt they encountered rude people in a foreign country, it was because they expected to be treated and additionally treated other people the same as if they were in their home country.

Different countries have different attitudes, traditions, personalities, and traits. If you do as much research as possible, I promise you, you will have a greater time, and you may not be as surprised by the different attitudes and personalities you encounter.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast