WDSP Placemaking

WDSP isn't beyond help and after some thought I realized its fairly easy from a conceptual stand point and can still keep its theme very well intact.

• Disney Studio 1
      • Remains fairly unchanged and represents celebrity glamor

• Hollywood BLVD
      • The overall theme would be the 40's classic Hollywood and noir.
      • the animation building converts to the "ink and paint club" restaurant
      • The building in front of ToT leaves and is replaced by trees and props that give it the force perspective and eerie feeling necessary.
      • The television building is gutted and expanded to Dick Tracy: Crime Stoppers.)
      • Tram tour no longer exist

• Production Central/ Backlot
      • The land is to become an effective fake backlot themed to live action Disney movies that weren't turned into characters (Movies like National Treasure, not PotC or Mary Poppins)
      • Armageddon and the building across the street become indoor interactive playgrounds themed to movies. Inside one building it's totally themed to National Treasure where kids can play and unlock secrets or view items from the movie. In another, you have an Oz set, etc.some features would utilize tech fromThe Legend of Jack Sparrow.
      • Muppet Studios gets constructed as part of an expansion. The Great Muppet Movie ride would be built.

• The Marvel Lot/ New York
      • This land gets constructed filled with e ticket rides. The front half of the land would lead from production central and still have the studio theme to it, them the farther back you get, it becomes New York .

• Pixar Lot
      • The toon studios is practically this already.
      • Remove the carpets.
      • expand passed Ratatouille
      • Clone any Monsters inc attraction and out it behind a Monstropolis façade.
      • have this area lead into Metroville (the city from Incredibles) and build an e ticket Incredibles ride. This section of the Pixar Lot would eventually lead into New York.

theres more to be done, but this is the jumping off point. Through it may look complexed, i feel it can be done for probably less than DCA's makeover. Thoughts?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: WDSP Placemaking

A lot of these ideas date back to Michael Eisner.

I'm all for placemaking but let's not just dust off old ideas. Let's let the Imagineers come up with new ones. I'm all for new ideas, not for cloning old patches over to France.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Marvel characters at Disney Studios would do some amazing things. Take out the tour!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

The tour was the biggest waste of time, I wanted to do it to see what it was all about, despite bad reviews. Seriously, that was WEAK.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    A lot of these ideas date back to Michael Eisner.

I'm all for placemaking but let's not just dust off old ideas. Let's let the Imagineers come up with new ones. I'm all for new ideas, not for cloning old patches over to France.
    These ideas were thought of before? Which ones? The only one i thought I reused was Dick Tracy

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Omegadiz View Post
    These ideas were thought of before? Which ones? The only one i thought I reused was Dick Tracy
    Well they didn't impress in an over-the-top kinda way. The Great Muppet Movie ride was an Eisner project, too. You're right that WDS needs placemaking, but better.

I think there are some good ideas here no matter where they originated.

I've always wanted to see a Muppett land and the Muppett movie ride is my favourite never built :-)

Marvel could be rich source material for a studio park & is probably best placed in Europe where comparisons to Universal would be minimal - do you have any ideas for attractions here?

likewise Pixar could work well Monsters Inc would fit well or Carsland or the incredibles to give an overall Americana feel to the park.

If there's room I'd add a Star Wars area and Tron or Avatar land to your plans to round out the offerings

Quote Originally Posted by robbiem View Post
    I think there are some good ideas here no matter where they originated.

I've always wanted to see a Muppett land and the Muppett movie ride is my favourite never built :-)

Marvel could be rich source material for a studio park & is probably best placed in Europe where comparisons to Universal would be minimal - do you have any ideas for attractions here?

likewise Pixar could work well Monsters Inc would fit well or Carsland or the incredibles to give an overall Americana feel to the park.

If there's room I'd add a Star Wars area and Tron or Avatar land to your plans to round out the offerings
    I had an X-men D ticket in mind that would take guest on a tour of the Xavier Institute. It would basically be a a HM to start, with Xavier providing the narration telepathically "through speakers in the vehicle." The main characters will all be there, most of them would be training in the danger rooms. The ride would be a mix of PotC/HM/Posidens Fury from IOA.

An Avengers EMV where guest travel in S.H.I.E.L.D. jeeps while trying to find and free Bruce Banner from some evil team that makes sense. Basically, you'd ride through the Avengers fighting baddies but to no avail. You have to free Banner and unleash the Hulk to save the day.

these plans aren't totally fleshed out but they're a place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegadiz View Post
    I had an X-men D ticket in mind that would take guest on a tour of the Xavier Institute. It would basically be a a HM to start, with Xavier providing the narration telepathically "through speakers in the vehicle." The main characters will all be there, most of them would be training in the danger rooms. The ride would be a mix of PotC/HM/Posidens Fury from IOA.

An Avengers EMV where guest travel in S.H.I.E.L.D. jeeps while trying to find and free Bruce Banner from some evil team that makes sense. Basically, you'd ride through the Avengers fighting baddies but to no avail. You have to free Banner and unleash the Hulk to save the day.

these plans aren't totally fleshed out but they're a place to start.
    sound like interesting ideas - maybe Mystic Manor tech could be used to add an extra dimension.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

So if Hogswarts/Hogsmeade and London/Diagon Alley are both branded as "Wizarding World of Harry Potter".... Then how can we be sure Universal Studios Hollywood's WWoHP will be the Hogswarts/Hogsmeade section?

Could it be the other, or something new?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    So if Hogswarts/Hogsmeade and London/Diagon Alley are both branded as "Wizarding World of Harry Potter".... Then how can we be sure Universal Studios Hollywood's WWoHP will be the Hogswarts/Hogsmeade section?

Could it be the other, or something new?
    Uh...

Quote Originally Posted by robbiem View Post
    sound like interesting ideas - maybe Mystic Manor tech could be used to add an extra dimension.
    Definitely albeit on a larger scale