Booking a trip, early June 2013

Hi-

My girlfriend and I are taking a big European excursion to London and Paris in June, and I've managed to convince her to finish off our trip with a visit to Disneyland Paris. Now, I want to maximize our time in the park, so we were going to take a train to DLP late on Tuesday, June 12, check into the hotel, and and then spend all day in the park on June 13, stay there one more night on June 14 and then head back into Paris to fly back to the USA on the 14th.

So I'm looking into booking a two night stay at one of the Disney Hotels, and when I book, it looks like it comes with 3 days of Park tickets. Now, we only really need one day of park tickets, and I can't find a way to lower the price by getting less tickets. Is that even possible? It sounds reasonable, but with my luck it's probably not.

I know we can do better by just staying at a partner hotel, but I want to maximize my time in the park (I assume they have some sort of Extra Magic Hours?) and take full advantage of the Disney property, since I have no idea if I am ever going to see it again. Or is it just worth it to stay in Paris and take the train back and forth to Disney?

Anyone?

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Booking a trip, early June 2013

Disney Hotels are expensive. But add value thanks to the convenience of staying on site. The rates are all inclusive and include park access for your entire stay. It is possible to call them up and request the room rate only but I'd stick with the inclusive option which will likely save you money over buying the passes separately.

Expedia has Disney hotels without passes. If cost is a consideration look at Val d'Europe it has free buses to the resort or is one stop by RER or a 20-30 min walk and has some very reasonable hotel rates. It's part of a new town developed by Disney with the French government and also has a large shopping mall. There are also some other non Disney hotels on site with bus service to the parks (think WDW hotel plaza). One perk to remember though is only Disney hotels have Magic Hours for early park entry so if time is limited you may want to pay more for this perk.

If you know the dates Francillien tickets may be an option - they are about 2/3 the price of regular tickets. Originally only for Parisians they are available for all but you must book 5 days ahead either on the French DLP website (go thru google translate if you don't speak French) or FNAC where you can buy online or in their stores.

Hope that helps, have a great trip to Europe and remember to post us all a trip report.

Sorry forgot to add if you are already in Paris it only takes about 45mins to reach the park by RER train. Just take line A 4 (the red one) to Marne la Valee (the terminus) which is next to the park gates. The double decker trains are clean and modern and run around every 10-15 mins subway signs and maps have a brown Parc Disneyland marked on them so its really easy. Trains run from very early to late covering park hours so you won't get stuck at the resort.

If you are only visiting the resort for a day I'd suggest doing this rather than transiting across Paris with luggage.

I think I'm going to just stay in Paris, and take the train in to the park in the morning. Basically, hotels in Disneyland Paris are really expensive, and just don't look that appealing. Also, it seems like the food options in the area are really poor.

so, when should I buy the tickets for the park, and what time should I plan on arriving? Is it like in the states where the doors to Main Street open earlier, but you can't go past it until Extra Magic Hours are over.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

You can buy them now out the way or wait until the day you visit. And exactly right in regards to Extra Magic Hours. The Parks usually open around 10.00 am. So you'll be given access to Main Street around 9.30 am. And the ropes will drop at 10.00 am when the park officially opens. The attraction offerings for Limited Time Magic is quite limited. So your not missing much unless Dumbo or Tea Cups are a priority. Buzz, Peter Pan and Space Mountain are the only attractions I'd personally ride out of the offerings. So staying in Paris and saving on costs is a good idea because the hotels really are not worth the prices associated with them I'm sad to say. Although I disagree in regards to the food options in the area being poor. Disneyland Paris has a wide range of options from fast food like McDonald's to more fine dining like California Grill. Plus Val d'Europe has many more and is a short ride away.