DLPs Unlogical Pricing: $ 27 a day, $ 210 a year, and free for guests under 7

$ 27 a day for both parks for guests invited by Annual Passholders, $ 210 a Deluxe Annual Pass (with 35 blocking days) and $ 263 for a Premium Annual Pass, and free for guests under 7 (or even under 12 in some circumstances).

With this stupid pricing, Euro Disney will never be profitable.

In California, an Annual Passport Premium costs $ 669 and a Deluxe Annual Passport (with 40 blocking days) costs $ 499. I know Disneyland Resort has more attractions and better quality standards, but such a difference is not normal.

• Not here to help

Re: DLPs Unlogical Pricing: $ 27 a day, $ 210 a year, and free for guests under 7

They could atleast change it to free under 5.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Re: DLPs Unlogical Pricing: $ 27 a day, $ 210 a year, and free for guests under 7

I agree with you about the prices, however you have to clarify the offers :

-The free under 7 is an offer with a resort package. In all other case, the children have to pay a ticket from 3 years old.
    -The "Bring a Friend" is a temporary offer with certains conditions.

It's possible that the "bring a friend" offer will completely change the next year. We will see, but many things have already changed this year within the marketing dept.

Guest Relations & Ticketing Coordinator @ Disneyland Paris
    English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Loc Potter View Post
    We will see, but many things have already changed this year within the marketing dept.
    Marketing for DLP does not exist here in Scandinavia. Its like DLP does not want any Scandinavians in their parks.
    That is something the department should work on...
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Tomorrow's Child

^It still astounds me that they don't advertise there and I cannot fathom any logical reason why.

As for the pricing thing, yeah pretty absurd.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

"Bring a Friend" should stay. You have a large population of French adults who don't see any interest in visiting the parks, with their families, or as an adult destination.

But the best salespeople for these demographics are passholders who open their eyes or minds to the fun that can be had.

Because the local population is under visiting, 'theme park culture' hasn't taken hold in France the way it has in Japan and the US.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    ^It still astounds me that they don't advertise there and I cannot fathom any logical reason why.

As for the pricing thing, yeah pretty absurd.
    Have you ever shopped for clothing in Paris? The attitude is, "buy something if you want, the register is up front."

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Marketing for DLP does not exist here in Scandinavia. Its like DLP does not want any Scandinavians in their parks.
    Still bitter about the Vikings?

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Hey, here in Germany we have the same problem. Can't really remember the last spot in TV - it must have been years ago.

Because since 1992, Germany is not a good market for Disneyland Paris. They tried different ways to convince Germans to come there, but nothing seems to work.

Guest Relations & Ticketing Coordinator @ Disneyland Paris
    English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

I know, german guest are complicated and the german market as well, only 2-3% a year. But that german guest do not visit DLP and that's it, is way to short.

In the beginning of DLP germans made 10-15% of all visitors per year and then, this numbers broke down. But why? Do they cut off any comercials or did germans loose interest? And if they are not longer interested in DLP - why?
    However, this allows some splendig arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Loc Potter View Post
    Because since 1992, Germany is not a good market for Disneyland Paris. They tried different ways to convince Germans to come there, but nothing seems to work.
    They haven't tried everything! They never go to commercial fairs in Germany, but this is essential if they want to target Germany. They also must agree to communicate on their future attractions and they refuse to do so. Germans like innovations. As the European leader, Disneyland Paris should spy Europa-Park and reproduce its communication strategy.

• Senior Minion

No offence to anyone but I must go on record as saying that the word is 'illogical'.

That is all.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011