Thumbs down Space Mountain falls apart!

Name:  AXX.jpg
Views: 1427
Size:  145.6 KB

No comment.

Stan H. on Disneycentralplaza.com

Re: Space Mountain falls apart!

It's so sad to see one of Disney's most beautiful parks rotting away. When I last went on this ride I was shocked by the poor ride quality. I only hope they spend more on maintenance and safety than they do on show

• Not here to help

Very sad to see. I don´t have to be as negative as I use to be about DLP on this one. The picture does the work for me.

Everything that Walt ever stod for is dead in DLP.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

These images no longer shock unfortunately. Disneyland Paris is getting more and more expensive to visit. And what you get in return is more and more of a downward decline!

I no longer care if this park is falling apart. My advise is to stop visiting and supporting Disneyland Paris if you don't like the images and save up and visit somewhere like Disneyland in California where upkeep and maintenance remains important. If the Park can allow the outside show building to fall apart in this way what does the inside look like. The areas not seen by us the Guests. You also have to question how safe are the attractions?

I think this damage has nothing to do with bad maintenance. It has happend duriging a thunderstorm last week or so. And if I am right, they have tried to fix it yesterday.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by dörthe View Post
    I think this damage has nothing to do with bad maintenance. It has happend duriging a thunderstorm last week or so. And if I am right, they have tried to fix it yesterday.
    I think they should refurb entire DLP more often so that it doesn´t fall apart when it starts to rain. I also think it´s insane that DLP never hides these things... or perhaps that is what they do.

• Forgotten Spirit

It took me a minute to figure out what was wrong. That's pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    These images no longer shock unfortunately. Disneyland Paris is getting more and more expensive to visit. And what you get in return is more and more of a downward decline!
    Agreed. I visited the very first week it opened. It was AMAZING. Every visit after that broke my heart. It is sickening what has happened to this park. Honestly, this picture is nothing compared to what you see when you visit. No one cares. There is garbage everywhere and even thrown into scenes on the attractions.

Quote Originally Posted by traumwelt View Post
    Agreed. I visited the very first week it opened. It was AMAZING. Every visit after that broke my heart. It is sickening what has happened to this park. Honestly, this picture is nothing compared to what you see when you visit. No one cares. There is garbage everywhere and even thrown into scenes on the attractions.
    Couldn't agree with you more I visited DLP in May and was shocked by the state of the park. I've been visiting Disney for 25 yrs and this the first time I've ever come away from one of their resorts feeling more depressed than I was when I arrived.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by dörthe View Post
    Thats just making excuses up for them now!!!

Walt Disney World gets daily thunderstorms during the Summer months plus even the odd Hurricane/Tropical Storm passing through and the damage is never that extensive. The Storm might have resulted in the damage being visable for us all to see, but it was not the cause of it. Disneyland Paris cutbacks and lack of maintenance are the reasons. And its too little too late to be fixing it now! It should had never been allowed to fall into this kind of disrepair in the first place.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post

I no longer care if this park is falling apart. My advise is to stop visiting and supporting Disneyland Paris if you don't like the images and save up and visit somewhere like Disneyland in California where upkeep and maintenance remains important. If the Park can allow the outside show building to fall apart in this way what does the inside look like. The areas not seen by us the Guests. You also have to question how safe are the attractions?

This.

100%.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

FYI: That part of Space Mountain has been repaired now.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    FYI: That part of Space Mountain has been repaired now.
    That doesn´t change anything.

of course it does, that part of the needed maintenance is done now with the rest of the park

I think the interior of the structure, the queue area, the tracks of the roller coaster, and the post-show each went through a large number of various design.