The state of DLP

I think this article pretty much sums up the current state of DLP

The Increasingly Bad State of Disneyland Paris : A Neverending Story | Le Parcorama

Re: The state of DLP

I'd have to agree completely. My wife and I were there in 2011 and were fairly unimpressed by a great many things. We were studying abroad at the time so we weren't on a large budget but the hotels seemed completely lackluster, small and very much not worth what they were asking so we stayed a few train stops down and just took the train. The number of rides and the ride quality wasn't worth more than the two days we were there. We loved Crush's Coaster but beyond that, there wasn't anything special or magical. I am glad we went but likely wouldn't go back on our next trip over the pond.

• Bangarang!

Yup that article sums up things pretty well.

I wonder, while its well know that there are fiscal pressures at the resort, are those same pressures becoming an excuse for letting standards slip?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

I imagine that has a lot to do with it. Disney may be hesitant to invest in the park if they don't think it will generate a return. I know they haven't done a great job with this park from the onset but it may feel like every time they have 'invested' in this park in the past, the the return hasn't been worth it so why pay like crazy to maintain it?

I doubt that is all of the puzzle but it could be a portion

To add to the above a friend of mine has just returned from DLP. While he was there he was stuck on both big thunder and pirates due to breakdowns

he is definitely not returning !!!

• Bangarang!

And there in lies another problem. If they keep letting it happen more people will look elsewhere to spend their vacation money.

Its a vicious cycle. Less guests through the gate means less €€€ in the coffers. I know its easy to sit here and say "throw money at it", but well.... its needs to be done. I can't really see any other way to help DLRP move forward. Its starting to look like they can't help themselves.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

My family has annual passes and I'm about to leave Europe forever next month. My passes don't expire until December. I'm not going back and I don't regret it. The way they police the Hyperion theater so you have to pay admission through overpriced food just to sit indoors is criminal. Quality stinks. Not worth it to me to pay the tolls it takes to get there on the A4. I'm probably going to take my last European theme park trip at Europa Park. They get it.

I agree, Hathaway Browne. I have several friends here in the states who have also gone to the parks and had a similar experience as my wife and I did while we were over there. Seems that a lot of people seem to recognize the fact that they need to put the money into the park. I wish the quality was better. For being in France, the food was less than amazing and expensive. The bathrooms literally had poo smeared on the walls... it was terrible. With all there is to see and do in Europe, I can't blame anybody for not wanting to go fork over the money they are asking for to visit the parks.

I'd love to see them put some effort in though. If I heard they were even making steps in the right direction, I would be more than happy to visit again because the park has great potential to be a very beautiful park. However, I see that same cycle and it would take a bold move by someone who may not have the cajones to do so.

• Coming soon...

I had the opposite experience 2011 to 2012. In 2011 it was dire, but there seemed genuine improvement in the look and upkeep of rides, with notable parts of rides in disrepair in 2011 being obviously better by 2012. Sadly, I hear that was short lived.

• Not here to help

I think they should sell the parks and remove anything that has the Disney brand. When a park is in the state that DLP is in it takes a complete rebuild. I dont think there is one single ride that works as it was intended to do
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Sorchio, I may have had a different experience because I had never been there before so I had no real baseline to compare it to. My friends who had been there weren't impressed and that may have also messed with my perception a bit. I seem to have only heard since then that things have continued to deteriorate which is certainly sad.

TimmyTimmyTimmy, I don't think you would need a complete rebuild. The park still has a ton of potential but I think it needs a multi-year facelift like Disneyland got with Carsland and hopefully will continue to get with future projects.

Quote Originally Posted by WesternMouse View Post
    The way they police the Hyperion theater so you have to pay admission through overpriced food just to sit indoors is criminal.
    ??? It was never the case. Sit indoors is free like every other quick services.

Quote Originally Posted by WesternMouse View Post
    Not worth it to me to pay the tolls it takes to get there on the A4.
    Not Disney fault.

Guest Relations & Ticketing Coordinator @ Disneyland Paris
    English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

I totally agree on the "current" bad state of Disneyland Paris.
    We had one of the most magnificient Magic Kingdom in the world and now it is really failing apart. (Literally, they put nets on some buildings to prevent pieces from falling on the guests)
    Nova sumed up pretty well the too many problems and disapointments in this post : #SaveDisneylandParis - A petition to ask TWDC to step in .
    And I have to say we are really concerned about the future of the resort, we really can't imagine how it could go on like that, in the wrong direction.