• Senior Minion

Is it all really worth it?

Apologies for my absense on these boards for several... erm.... years. In particular I have avoided the DLP one simply because I have had nothing to say about it, it has offered nothing new to discuss and.... I frankly thought I had fallen out of love with the place.

And then today the sun was shining and I decided to have (in the lyrics of Dancin' a Catchy Rhthym) 'a Disney kind of day'. So out came one of my DLP CDs of park music which I blasted as I drove to work. And the memories came flooding back...

DLP has so much going for it. And it should be a wonderful vacation destination.

But is it worth it? The last few times I have looked into visiting, the prices have been so ridiculously high as to immediately put me off. Even when including their offers (free nights, kids go free etc), it is a massive cost. And anyone with even a passing knowledge of Disney park prices knows that you spend the same again once you enter the resort.

So is it really worth it?

Ignoring the apparent continuing maintainance issues, can anyone really justify paying to go and stay at DLP for a short break?

If money was no object, I would readily return. But I do not have money to waste and have personally not been to DLP for years. Nor do I plan on returning any time soon. Perhaps a few new major attractions would tempt me back. Which reminds me.... with prices so high, attendance seemingly healthy and reinvestment at a minimum- how on earth can DLP be losing so much money?!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Not here to help

Re: Is it all really worth it?

I live in Sweden. Itīs cheap to fly to Paris. But the cheap stops there.
    The hotels are very expensive. A rats nest is cheap, but who likes that?
    The food is very expensive. I donīt want to eat McDonaldīs every day.
    The parks are expensive.

I can get what I get in DLP for just a slightly higher cost in Tokyo.
    Travel costs will be higher. But food, sleep and parks are cheaper. A cheap place to stay in Tokyo is much nicer than a cheap place in Paris. Cheap food in Japan is awesome.

Paris has one park and a parkinglot. Tokyo has two big parks packed with some of the best rides ever made. ...all new even if it isnīt.

It would be stupid for a person in western Europe to choose Paris before Tokyo. Still it happends alot:/
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Senior Minion

Re: Is it all really worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    It would be stupid for a person in western Europe to choose Paris before Tokyo. Still it happends alot:/
    And the cost of visiting WDW from the UK for two weeks is hardly a million miles away from a five day visit to DLP. And yet people do it.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011