Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: No major attractions before 2023

Does this mean that we might as well stop talking about new Disneyland Resort attractions until 2023 when we are all ten years older? Wonder how many Disney themepark blog sites will be around come the next decade.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Cool Yule

A decade is an awfully long time. Sure it could be the plan right now, but what if Ratatouille is a runaway success and allows a small moves to more investment? Anything is possible.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post
    This assertion is false and based on incorrect messages posted on some forums. Those messages are incorect and not based on reliable and verified sources.
    I've seen the long term plans for all of the parks and DLP is the one that has nothing substantial listed. Unless their revenues turn around, there are no major plans (beyond parades and shows) for the foreseeable future.

The Disneyland Paris situation is not good and could get quite a bit worse if Ratatouille isn't a massive hit.

I should point out that even just 6 months ago there were considerable expansions involving Star Wars and Marvel, but all of that appears to be on indefinite hold.

Things change rapidly at Disney. But the one thing that motivates them more than anything else is money. And DLP doesn't have that at the moment, nor does it look like there is a quick fix for the financial problems at this park. They are going to have to find a way to make ends meet on what they bring in. And that's going to be difficult given the upkeep needed just to keep things running.

If you want to see DLP expand, hope for the huge success of Ratatouille and make plans now to visit the resort.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 09-06-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

DLP is in dire straights, but part of me truly believes this is a lot of posturing on the part of the Disney Corporation. It seems like they are intent on dragging the park through the mud before they eventually just buy it outright. They'll make sure it seems as undesirable as possible so they can purchase at the cheapest price.

Will it stagnate for 10 years? I don't think so. But for now that's the plan and it is certainly a possibility.

None of us know what will happen but from the continuous discounting we get here in the UK I think it's fair to say DLP is in trouble.

Its sad that none of the planned park additions from splash and geyser mountains, little mermaid and beauty and the beast or Indiana jones adventure were ever added over the past 20 years.

At the moment DLP is trading on the Disney name and you can only do that for so long before people stop coming back

• Cool Yule

I think its evident from recent posts that something needs to be done with DLRP.

They can't really continue limping on as they did in the late '90's and mid-'00's, but its no easy task. Not only do they have their own finances to consider, they also have to deal with the implication of the fiscal situation in their backyard. Thankfully the 'Eurozone crisis' seems to be quiet at the moment, but its still fragile and no doubt will rear its ugly head again.

They certainly do need to add new attractions, or better yet at the very least spend on giving TLC to the ones that are in desperate need of it.

But will adding, say another two C-tickets straight after Ratatouille really boost things? Or do they need to keep their powder dry, (hopefully) ride on Remy's coattails for a couple of years and then start adding something new? With the latter, you then have a enticement for people to return.

Either way, I think perhaps they need to take a more forceful approach, and maybe that could come from someone the US operations who can go in and basically get the house in order. That and a reasonable sized cheque from Burbank wouldn't hurt. And no, I'm not suggesting that they should get a DCA sized spend, but even half of it could do DLRP the world of good.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    . . . If you want to see DLP expand, hope for the huge success of Ratatouille and make plans now to visit the resort.
    Visiting before the Rat-Pooh ride opens would reward their timidity. DCA & U.Orlando lesson: if you build it (and if it's outstanding) they will come.

Maybe Disneyland Paris is just being careful to not make WDW look bad by comparison. Anaheim's Disneyland, Tokyo Disneyland and U. Orlando are obnoxious about showing up WDW. If only all 7 billion Earthlings--particularly the hundreds of millions of Europeans "near" Paris--were like the 17 million who go to WDW's Magic Kingdon each year.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I've seen the long term plans for all of the parks and DLP is the one that has nothing substantial listed. Unless their revenues turn around, there are no major plans (beyond parades and shows) for the foreseeable future.

The Disneyland Paris situation is not good and could get quite a bit worse if Ratatouille isn't a massive hit.

I should point out that even just 6 months ago there were considerable expansions involving Star Wars and Marvel, but all of that appears to be on indefinite hold.

Things change rapidly at Disney. But the one thing that motivates them more than anything else is money. And DLP doesn't have that at the moment, nor does it look like there is a quick fix for the financial problems at this park. They are going to have to find a way to make ends meet on what they bring in. And that's going to be difficult given the upkeep needed just to keep things running.

If you want to see DLP expand, hope for the huge success of Ratatouille and make plans now to visit the resort.
    C'est dommage

• Nutty about Disney parks

The only upside to this is that what money the park makes can be invested in improving what's already there...at least we hope.

I still think the best solution to the problem would be to combine the two parks and make them into one giant park with one gate if possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12