Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No major attractions before 2023

According to the latest Micechat Podcast, after Ratatouille opens there will be no further major attractions for the Paris parks until at least 2023. Any thoughts?

Re: No major attractions before 2023

well, another reason to not visit again until that time. that park (the whole resort) has gone way downhill.

I don't believe this simply because there is no way capital investment approvals have been decided that far ahead.

• Not here to help

I donīt want to go to that place anyway. Itīs not that kind of Disney that I like.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Someone best put this park out of its misery and port the rides over to another park or something. I just feel so sad for the park. The fans want to give it love and praise, but...its just not returning that. 10 years. 10 whole years without a new attraction...

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_Dad View Post
    Any thoughts?
    Sounds like things will get worse before they get better.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    I don't believe this simply because there is no way capital investment approvals have been decided that far ahead.
    That is well put.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

This assertion is false and based on incorrect messages posted on some forums. Those messages are incorect and not based on reliable and verified sources.

Wether they are true or not the fact that they are believable is enough to tell you DLP needs help

I would be so happy to see no new attractions for 10 years if it meant a few things:

- They pay off the enormous debt and get Disney to lessen their oppressive franchise fee
    - They clean up the place and refurbish the hotels which sorely need attention
    - They develop a night parade and several daytime shows to fill those empty theaters
    - They bring some quality back to the food locations

Honestly, there are such low expectations for the place because of all of the above mentioned. None of these would bring in new money immediately, but they would all increase the quality of the place to the point where I'd consider visiting again. I hope that's the case for most Disney fans. Sure, new rides are always welcome, but when a park is in as bad shape as Paris, they really do need to get it back to Disney standards before new attractions are discussed. It's about the same as Disneyland during the late 90's/early 2000's- nobody wanted new attractions, they wanted the park maintained better, they wanted more entertainment and they wanted the very outdated hotels spruced up. Luckily Disneyland nailed all of those during/around their 50th celebration and the park has been on an absolute roll since then.

The number one thing that needs to occur at Paris more than new rides or refurbishments is for them to fix their debt situation. Between owing creditors (now Disney) $2 billion in long term debt and the $50 million or so in annual royalties, and assuming there's a 20 year repayment- Disneyland Paris would be paying Disney over $3 Billion. That's $150 million per year! Most of that is true debt that can't just be lowered, but perhaps Disney assuming that debt last year means that they're the one that put out the directive that there would be no more cap ex towards new rides until the debt situation is resolved. Of course, I want what everyone else does- for Disney to just assume complete ownership of the park. Take on the 2 billion as a purchase, end the royalties and get the place out of the red immediately. If that dead weight were gone in Paris, they'd have enough cash free to actually fix up the place and keep it to standards- as Disneyland did, which ultimately did the trick in fixing Disneyland's maintenance/food/upkeep problems and brought in more attendance, hotel stays and food sales.

• Not here to help

Imagine the Armageddon attraction in 10 years.

Imagine Startours in 10 years... Episode 9 will have been released by then.

• Iron-Clad Allie

A dirth of attractions at Disneyland Paris Resort for a decade would dig a hole too big for it to climb out of for decades. Disney would at least invest an infusion of capital in the form of cloned popular attractions.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Not here to help

A park that is falling apart and a parking lot made up to be a park that few visit and a bunch of moldy hotels is what I call a deep enough hole.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

To be honest its going to take a lot to get me to visit Disneyland Paris again. The Rat ride is not a big enough draw and I am sick of paying money to a Resort that fails to provide good enough maintenance and upkeep. The price is ridiculous to visit and a 4-5 day trip really is not that different in price then 2 weeks in Orlando. Every year we see more entertainment cut from the budget. It's a total joke and I'm no longer interested. Lets just shut the place because Disney has no interest in fixing the debt issues. The Guests the Cast Members don't seem to care. How much longer of cost cutting before the rides start becoming to dangerous to ride and people refuse to visit.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Does this mean that we might as well stop talking about new attractions until 2023 when we are all ten years older? Wonder how many Disney themepark blog sites will be around come the next decade.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast