Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• DLRP, Number 1!

Re: Reasons to be Cheerful

Just found this, at last the hotels seem to be getting the attention they deserve...

http://www.magicforum.eu/index.php?topic=16134.0

• Tomorrow's Child

Thanks for that.

I guess its good to see things do happen at the resort, its just that the move at a snails pace.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by DLRPbigfan View Post
    Just found this, at last the hotels seem to be getting the attention they deserve...

Thanks for the link - the presentations are certainly very encouraging. I'm not necessarily the biggest fan of adding characters to the hotels as I think the original idea of having them reflect different historical and geographic aspects of the Unite States was very accomplished. But if they are going to do it, this is exactly the right way to go about it - unobtrusive, classy and in keeping with the theme. And the new Santa Fe colour scheme looks gorgeous!
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

• Tomorrow's Child

They all look like they're really improving.. I think I could be persuaded to stop at the Sequoia next time. Seems more cozy than the 'old' NPBC that I stayed in.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Rock The World

I'll be staying at the Sequoia Lodge for the first time this December. We're having an early family Christmas (my first Disney Christmas in 10 years) and I'm extra excited for it having seen the new interiors for the hotel.

• Rock The World

Another piece of good news to come out of last week's event - Deputy Vice President and Chief of Operations, Joe Schott, confirmed that the Tarzan Encounter stage show will return to Frontierland's Chapperal Theatre (although he didn't specify a time scale) and that it will be 'bigger and better' than the previous version.

This year's lack of live stage shows was, as we all suspected, a budgetary problem. Something had to be cut to keep Dreams! running on a nightly basis and, as only 6% of guests see a live stage show during their visit, it was decided to put them all on hiatus for the year. Schott said they will be gradually reintroducing live entertainment as the resort moves forward, but Dreams! had been their priority during the 20th Anniversary celebrations.

• Tomorrow's Child

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker View Post
    I'll be staying at the Sequoia Lodge for the first time this December. We're having an early family Christmas (my first Disney Christmas in 10 years) and I'm extra excited for it having seen the new interiors for the hotel.
    Seqouia looks like it'd be perfect for Christmas (well at least to me). Especially if it snows.

Another piece of good news to come out of last week's event - Deputy Vice President and Chief of Operations, Joe Schott, confirmed that the Tarzan Encounter stage show will return to Frontierland's Chapperal Theatre (although he didn't specify a time scale) and that it will be 'bigger and better' than the previous version.

This year's lack of live stage shows was, as we all suspected, a budgetary problem. Something had to be cut to keep Dreams! running on a nightly basis and, as only 6% of guests see a live stage show during their visit, it was decided to put them all on hiatus for the year. Schott said they will be gradually reintroducing live entertainment as the resort moves forward, but Dreams! had been their priority during the 20th Anniversary celebrations.
    I can understand that they've had to move some things around to keep Dreams! on - it certainly didn't look cheap from the moment it was first announced.

Just a shame that so much had to be mothballed to accommodate it. Just shows what a situation they're in. I really do hope Remyland will help perk things up, even just a little as it sounds like they really need it.

Still, keeping positive - as the thread title suggests - it's good to head that T:E will return, and that they're re-investing and improving it. I may be a little biased seeing Encounter first, but I found it to be a better show than Tarzan Rocks at DAK.

Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Was it the development cost or operational budget that makes Dreams so expensive?

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by DLRPbigfan View Post

The Cars retheming in Hotel Santa Fe is a bit of an overkill...especially in the rooms.

The improvements to Newport Bay Club are awesome. That hotel had gotten such a bad rep out of the seven, that the renovations were really well deserved.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Was it the development cost or operational budget that makes Dreams so expensive?
    I don't think Schott specified which it was, but I'm guessing it's a bit of both. Keeping on the positive side though, Dreams! is getting a whole new Christmas overlay (in conjunction with World of Color in DCA) called Disney Dreams of Christmas. The first full tests were carried out last week and the advance word from those who were lucky enough to see it from the Disneyland Hotel has been really positive. As promised, the show will evolve year-on-year and receive regular seasonal changes, which is very exciting. Maybe we'll get a Halloween version next year?

Oh, that reminds me! The Christmas celebrations will be fully extended to the Walt Disney Studios Park in future, probably starting next year. Until now, only the Studio 1 building has really been decorated while the rest of the park has been left untouched. Nothing feels less seasonal than the Backlot area on a rainy December morning so I'll be really interested to see what the Entertainment division have got in store.

• Rock The World

Continuing the seasonal discussion, I think we can safely say that this year's Halloween celebrations are a creative and critical hit! If you haven't read it yet, here's Alain's full report for MiceAge: Ghosts and Ghoulies Invade Disneyland Paris

Check out the comments beneath the article - it sounds like DLP is the envy of WDW for once. Seriously though, it's encouraging to see so many US Disney fans acknowledging some of the good stuff happening in Paris. We so often get overlooked.

• Tomorrow's Child

Good call soundtracker! It may not be much really, but its definately another reason to be cheerful.

They do seem to be slowly getting towards a cohesive theme for Halloween in the park, and one that doesn't look like it was thrown together to just 'amuse the tourists'.

And I love the live bands they have in that video at the end of the article. It just adds a bit more to the park. Even though not everything is rosy I must add, but its still encouraging to see live performances.

All credit to the costuming department as well, they've done a great job there as well. Especially the Riverboat Band and Main Street Boys outfits - they don't look cheap.

Walt Disney

Halloween is looking fantastic -- my hopes for Christmas are really, really high!

• Tomorrow's Child

Given that they've spruced up the Halloween offerings, they can't just ignore Christmas.
    Although being optimistic, even if they don't add anything, from what I've seen of the Christmas offerings its done really well, so anything additional will be the icing on the Christmas cake.

Walt Disney

• Rock The World

Don't worry, this year's Christmas offerings will be similarly plussed, with a new, taller Christmas tree on town square (that apparently shimmers with colour changing fibre optics) and the new Disney Dreams of Christmas show on the castle each night. The existing Christmas Cavalcade will be expanded and I suspect they'll keep the live bands on contract until the New Year.

After years of a scattergun approach to seasonal celebrations, it appears the resort is finally pursuing a more cohesive plan. The aim is to steadily 'plus' each season year on year, with a few additions at a time. So next year should be even better!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast