Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Minion

Re: Reasons to be Cheerful

^ Excellent news! Maybe they can dust off the Easter celebrations next year as well.

And, back to Halloween briefly, I've just found a video of the parade «La Célébration Halloween de Mickey», which looks great but it did surprise me that they're going for a more harvest festival vibe rather than a Villans-fest. And is this one of the shortest daytime parades ever? (Discounting those little cavalcades they have).

I do kind of miss "It's Halloween-Lo-Ween" though.

Still, the details in the floats and the sheer newness of it, is certainly another reason to be cheerful.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Rock The World

Thanks for the video link, Hathaway. I gather the harvest theme has divided some of the DLP fan base, with some people claiming it's not 'spooky' enough. I rather like it though - it's refreshingly different and successfully expands the concept of Halloween rather than trampling all over it. The villains, ghosts and pumpkin men are all still present and correct, after all. And it's light years ahead of those dreadful neon pink witches we had to put up with a few years ago.

Oh, and it's technically a Halloween Cavalcade, rather than a full parade, which is why it's so short on floats. As with the Christmas Cavalcade, they'll be adding to it each year until it eventually reaches full parade status.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

• Minion

I do like the harvest theme, it seems more fitting for a Disneyland park. Which makes me think that they should offer a more spookier parade in the Studios.

Surely they can just dust of the Cinema Parade trucks (if they still exists) and load them with all manner of Villians?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Rock The World

Nice idea. I've always thought a full-on Tim Burton Halloween would work brilliantly in the Studios.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123