Day Trip from London?

My parents and brother will be traveling to London this spring and are looking for reasons to make a day trip to Disneyland Paris. They have been to Disneyland, Disney World and Tokyo Disneyland. Can anyone provide some inside tips to help them decide? What is different in Paris that they simply must see? Merci!
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

• Under that tree again!

Re: Day Trip from London?

Have they been to London or Paris? They may be better off seeing the cities instead.

That said DL, the MK and TDL are nearly all the same, we could call them sibling parks. DLP is a cousin.

The layout is a bit different. BTMRR goes onto what would be TSI. Space Mountain is a teen and up type of rollercoaster. Pirates is the same but different. It has a Indy Coaster, that is wild mouse like with a loop. A cool Nautilus walk through exhibit. A dungeon on the Castle. No Jungle Cruise but there is an island with the Tree Touse on it, and something like TSI in their Adventurland. The Haunted Mansion is different and very good.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The DLP version of Pirates goes in reverse (as in you start with the jail scene/burning town and end at the caves with the skeletons). The layout of some scenes are quite different too along with some impressive animatronics, especially the sword fighting ones. Plus the pirates still chase the women in the town scenes. Oh and there's no Jack Sparrow/movie tie-ins.

As mentioned, their version of Haunted Mansion is different. It's called Phantom Manor, is set in the old west and has an actual storyline.

The "dungeon" under the castle has a large and impressive animatronic dragon that's worth checking out. And inside the castle itself is a walkthrough that tells the story of Sleeping Beauty through books, tapestries and stained glass windows.

Their version of Space Mountain is way different as it's the only one that has inversions.

As mentioned, there's a walkthrough attraction of the Nautilus sub, complete with a giant squid attack.

Big Thunder is unique as it's on an island.

On Main Street there are arcades (not for video games, but a covered walkway) and one is themed to the Statue of Liberty (which was a gift to America from France). You can go in this one room and it's themed to like you're on a boat and you can see Lady Liberty in the distance. It's actually a recreation of the dedication ceremony of the Statue.

In Fantasyland there's a hedge maze, Alice's Curious Labyrinth.

In Adventureland there's a walkthrough that tells the story of Aladdin through dioramas.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by aimster; 12-29-2013 at 11:43 PM.

Thanks for the tips swampymarsh!

Aimster, those details really sold the last holdout - they're going! Is it right that they have Duffy but no Shellie May?

Does anyone have hotel tips? They're planning to stay on Disney property for one night.
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda View Post
    Does anyone have hotel tips? They're planning to stay on Disney property for one night.
    The hotels are expensive. I stayed in the premier one, the Disneyland Hotel, it's a little like the Grand Floridian, but more elegant. It's almost over the gates of the Diseyland park, super close.

A friend stayed in the Sequoya which she said is like the Grand Californian. A little pricier. A little walk to the gates.

Another friend stayed in the Cheyenne, which is like a value at WDW in design, but closer to an upper moderate in feel. It's also a short shuttle ride to the gates instead of a walk.

The Santa Fe is the true value resort and a short shuttle ride to the gates.

There are lots of cheaper hotels within a couple miles that are much cheaper.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda View Post
    Aimster, those details really sold the last holdout - they're going! Is it right that they have Duffy but no Shellie May?
    Yes they have Duffy. Surprisingly though, Shellie May has actually made a few surprise appearances (walk around character only, no plushies), but they have only been for special/private events the public was not allowed in at. So there's a 99.9999% chance they would NOT see her.

There are even some Duffy items at DLP you can't get anywhere else, like a few pins and a cute 12" pre-dressed bear dressed kind of like a Dapper Dan/Main Street attire.

I can recommend all Disney Hotels but not the Davy Crockett Ranch if they don't have a car during their stay.
    If it should be a cheaper Hotel and a shuttleride about 10 Minutes is ok, than try the Kyriad. That's a hotel close to the resort and you can book it through Disney.
    If it should very cheap, than try the Ibis at Montevrain, it's just 5 minutes ride with the RER to the park.
    For best comfort book Disneyland Hotel or Hotel New York.