Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Walt Disney Studios, currently the worse Disney park?

I was wondering if anyone who has been to WDS thought of it. In my opinion I thought it was a total waste of time. I spent one day at Disneyland and WDS and was depressed to see that I wasted half my day at that park. Small unoriginal attractions just not worth the price and time. I boldly state that WDS is the worse park Disney has and needs the Disney California Adventure revamp. Who's with me and who isn't, I'm curious to hear outside opinions.

• Under that tree again!

Re: Walt Disney Studios, currently the worse Disney park?

I wouldn't call it a total waste of time, but it is pretty bad.

What's Disney's worst park on Earth?
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Not here to help

imagine that WDS has a fansite online. The fans of the park state that not even DisneySea has its own forum therefor WDS has to be the better park.

To us the real Disneypark fans it´s obvious that WDS is everything that is bad about Disney built as park. Everything from the parkinglot theme to the layout of place screams bad taste and a pure hunger for our money from Disney´s side.
    WDS is the very worst Disney ever could do. A complete waste of money and time. DO NOT GO THERE! Go... anywhere insted and save the money for a real Disneypark.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

I agree with Timmy. Bad stuff. I will drop in when the Ratatouille attraction opens, as that is one of my favorite Pixar movies. But I won't stay long!
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Yes, the inherent core and structure of the park is broken (tacky, temporary and tasteless). Sure there are other Disney parks that have been under built in the past, but none have been such a thematic travesty. Things like HKDL lacked attractions on opening, but the core spirit of the park was never broken, it just needed expanding.

Original DCA is the only thing that comes close, but even that had a better line up of attractions and some beautiful areas. WDS feels like they slapped a few half decent attractions up in a French field and stopped there. The sad part is that WDS has had several additions (technically two E-tickets and a mini-land). So yes a worse Disney park did exist and that was original WDS... I don't think Disney could possibly build a gate so bad in the future.

On the other hand Rat looks fantastic, if only the rest of the park matched.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by SRGFernandez View Post
    I was wondering if anyone who has been to WDS thought of it. In my opinion I thought it was a total waste of time. I spent one day at Disneyland and WDS and was depressed to see that I wasted half my day at that park. Small unoriginal attractions just not worth the price and time. I boldly state that WDS is the worse park Disney has and needs the Disney California Adventure revamp. Who's with me and who isn't, I'm curious to hear outside opinions.
    I think a DCA 2.0-style makeover for WDS would be more daunting and costly than with the original DCA. You would have to completely tear out at least 1/3 of the park and start over from scratch.

I still think the best idea to save the park would be to just merge both parks into one then charge a little more for a day's admission. You could spread the guests out better that way.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I think a DCA 2.0-style makeover for WDS would be more daunting and costly than with the original DCA. You would have to completely tear out at least 1/3 of the park and start over from scratch.

I still think the best idea to save the park would be to just merge both parks into one then charge a little more for a day's admission. You could spread the guests out better that way.
    Really? Merge them both into one park? That sounds like it would be more of a pain for management to do then simply improving the horribly themed areas in the park. Also, how would you merge Disneyland and WDS? Just seems that a DCA style renovation would be more worth-while then merging the parks, not to mention merging the parks together could ultimately confuse the general populace.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    WDS major problem is the theme is really fragmented.

I doubt the would tear down stuff, but that is the only way they could get rid of the tree fort design it has from expanding it piece by piece.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Please note that, after Ratatouille l'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy, Toy Story Mania is seriously envisioned for this park. Toy Story Mania should open in 2016 or 2017.

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

Ugh, I really wish they could come up with something else unique to complement RATTR.
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

• Under that tree again!

Wasn't TSM coming the rumor before Ratatouille was even announced?

I would have no problem with TSM being built. The problem with WDS is not the attractions, it's how they stick them where ever, instead of in a planned manner.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    Ugh, I really wish they could come up with something else unique to complement RATTR.
    They won't, because it's less expensive to duplicate an existing attraction, as there are no conception costs anymore. This rumor is quite serious.

Crush's Coaster and CinéMagique are about the only things worth redeeming in that park. It's hard to express how marvelous those two are.

The copies of ToT and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster are of course nice and the Moteurs... Action! Stunt Show is respectable. The rest of the park is like a county fair at best.

• Bangarang!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Wasn't TSM coming the rumor before Ratatouille was even announced?

I would have no problem with TSM being built. The problem with WDS is not the attractions, it's how they stick them where ever, instead of in a planned manner.
    I'll have to agree, they seemed to paint themselves into a corner with the final built layout, which now results in such a (probably unintended) slapdash approach for new additions. I'd love to see what they actually planned for post-opening WDS, I have a feeling that all the additions (Crush, Playland etc) were not on the actual master plan, but rather came along afterwards.

I know there's that plan showing Soarin' and IIRC some sort of Lion King show, but that seems to be before the final built layout.

As for TSM, well if it means it'll help the resort as a whole then so be it. Besides if they're able to do TSM plus another, then surely its Parc Disneyland that is due for the next unique attractions?

Quote Originally Posted by vnormth View Post
    The rest of the park is like a county fair at best.
    Or as it was back in '02 a "World Concrete Expo"

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Minion

They layout could be improved massively if they take out the Studio Tour, create a proper icon for the park and place it at where the entrance for the Studio Tour is currently. Then expand the park around that creating a hub like design from the MK parks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast