Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril to be destroyed and rebuilt entirely

DLP will destroy the coaster Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril, in order to rebuild it entirely. The destruction will begin on January 7, 2014. Indiana Jones and the Temps of Peril will reopen on May 29, 2014. The ride is apparently going to be oriented slightly differently, in order to make room for a possible Adventureland expansion.
    Last edited by Fultimate; 01-08-2014 at 02:09 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril to be destroyed and rebuilt entirely

Say whaaaat? Where did you hear about this?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Sounds promising!
    I've been hoping for an Indiana Jones Adventure darkride for a long time for that area. Adventureland still needs some expansions, there's room for that, and now they're doing this I find it probable that Adventureland will get another big attraction, preferably an IJA
    Do want to snowman?
    you build

Name:  IDJA 2.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  32.6 KB

Indiana Jones Adventure is a possibility. Soarin over the Horizon is another one. Those rumors can be read on the internet, on French forums and other websites related to DLP. But we don't know what the future is about. The new orientation of the temple is just a possibility. They'll maybe build an identical temple of Peril.

I don't know why they are doing this huge destruction and rebuilding of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril. I don't know if it's only in order to replace it (because it really needed a replacement of the tracks) or if it's for something else in Adventureland. I wish Adventureland Paris had a new attraction for ages!
    Last edited by Fultimate; 01-02-2014 at 01:48 PM.

Interesting. I can't understand why you'd rebuild a ride the same as the last version so hopefully we'll see some positive changes it would be great to see something new at DLP

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

This was reported here on MC back in October in a DLP update.

Disneyland Paris' Indiana Jones Attraction to be Rebuilt in Stone

• Cool Yule

I don't like being the negative one but IJA would take €€€ and that's something that EuroDisney doesn't have.

Of course I say that with the sense of irony that they're dismantling part of an attraction and rebuilding it.

As for why they're rebuilding the Temple, I understand it was to make it more permanant and presumably fix/remove any issues that the current structure has.

I'll conclude on a positive note.. while it seems odd for them to redo it, it is at least nice to see further reinvestment in the park, where every bit of TLC is welcome.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Name:  1495499_626851174029172_961650432_n.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  80.9 KB

Live from Disneyland Paris.

Copyright Disney Central Plaza & KingRCT3

• Cool Yule

Wow.. this surely must be a Paris first, if not a first for any Disney park?

I know they've done many attraction up in 50+ years but have we ever seen an attraction deconstructed and rebuilt?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Wow.. this surely must be a Paris first, if not a first for any Disney park?

I know they've done many attraction up in 50+ years but have we ever seen an attraction deconstructed and rebuilt?
    Do the Dumbo rides in the US count? I don't mean just the fact that it doubled in size and relocated to a different area of the park but the original Dumbo consisted of 8 Dumbo cars and had a more carny-looking structure compared to what they have now.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Do the Dumbo rides in the US count? I don't mean just the fact that it doubled in size and relocated to a different area of the park but the original Dumbo consisted of 8 Dumbo cars and had a more carny-looking structure compared to what they have now.

Space in DL got redone as just did the Matterhorn. Both US Big Thunders while DL's is still under the knife.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Cool Yule

I knew there must be others.. so definitely a Parisian first.

Walt Disney

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    I knew there must be others.. so definitely a Parisian first.

It is a comparatively newer park, so getting it's turn at major overhauls.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• 11 Year Annual Passholder

I could be wrong, but I read somewhere that they are just replacing the loop and rebuilding the temple out of real stone, not tearing down the whole ride and starting from scratch.

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 12.15.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 19

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by KEBSD View Post
    I could be wrong, but I read somewhere that they are just replacing the loop and rebuilding the temple out of real stone, not tearing down the whole ride and starting from scratch.
    You probably have. There are plenty of rumors on what is going on, so we may have to wait and see.
    Be Cool Stay in School!