• Boat shoes all day long

Exclamation Going to Disneyland Paris for the first time!

A splendid afternoon to all!

I will be visiting Disneyland Paris and the studio park this coming June, and was hoping for some advice. It will be my wife and I, and it will be our first visit to this park. I was curious if there have been any trip reports (preferably photo-heavy) on this park that explain the ups and downs, ins and outs, dos and doníts Ė that whole thing? I could really use an insiderís perspective!

Any and all advice is welcomed and appreciated greatly!

Kyle
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• Booboo23kitty Nor Cal

Re: Going to Disneyland Paris for the first time!

Hello! I went back in 97 and I am sure it's changed a lot. It used to be where there is no real hub, well, there is but, lands to do not connect to other lands like they do at Disneyland. People smoke in queues. I loved being able to see the contrast of the parks! Just try not to think of them as the same, they are far from it. They have my FAVORITE Space Mountain there. Check out the dragon in the castle and hear pirates actually speak the language they mostly spoke historically lol! Another MUST is Thunder Mountain. It ACTUALLY goes under the lake!
    "How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb? Answer-"Does it have to be a light bulb?"

In June, you'll maybe experience soft openings for the Ratatouille ride. This brand new revolutionary ride is expected to open in June or July 2014. If it's open during your stay, don't miss it at the Walt Disney Studios Park!

The best attractions are, according to me, Crush's Coaster (expect long waiting times), Big Thunder Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Try to buy Francillien tickets if you don't get tickets in your package they are cheaper, have to search around on the web (use the French site through google translate) or buy from a FNAC store in Paris. If you buy online you can print out so no need to wait when you get there.

If you're travelling from Paris the RER train is very easy to get to the park. Takes about 45 mins from central Paris

in Disneyland try the one off attractions like Phantom manor and the nautilus and castle walk throughs which aren't anywhere else and different versions of the stateside attractions like Space Mnt and Big Thunder. Pirates is also different and very good and small world has some differences as well.

Hope you have fun and post a trip report when you get back!

• Joe Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
    A splendid afternoon to all!

I will be visiting Disneyland Paris and the studio park this coming June, and was hoping for some advice. It will be my wife and I, and it will be our first visit to this park. I was curious if there have been any trip reports (preferably photo-heavy) on this park that explain the ups and downs, ins and outs, dos and doníts Ė that whole thing? I could really use an insiderís perspective!

Any and all advice is welcomed and appreciated greatly!

Kyle
    I'm in the middle of doing my write up from my trip report to DL Paris right now. Of course it will be photo heavy by the time I'm finished.

Theresa and I actually started with a week in Italy then went to Paris for the next week. You can read about our adventures in Rome here.
    Joe's summer trip to Rome Italy