Investments to speed up in DLP?

According to this article major investments will be coming to our beloved resort. In short:

- rehabs in disneyland paris will speed up
    - BTM, Space Mountain and Star Tours 2.0 rehabs before 2017.
    - Space Mountain may return to Terre de la Lune
    - BTM to get new effects and perhaps an interactive waiting line
    - Rehab of Hotel New York to start this year. Followed by hotel Cheyenne. Cheyenne is planned to be finished when NBC will be finished. After that Disneyland hotel will be renovated in 2 fases. 1 before the 25th anniversary, 1 after. A michelin star chef will be working in one of the Disneyland hotel restaurants.
    - village will be brought to the 21st century and expanded.
    - toy story mania as an expansion for toy story playland.
    - backlot becomes Marvel land with Rock and Rollercoaster re-theme to Spidey spinning its web through NYC, Stuntshow to become agents of SHIELD, Armageddon becoming Fantastic Four. New Stark and NYC facades.
    - studio 1 becoming 30's Disney Studios theme

- Soarin in Adventureland. Behind Indy (hope not)
    - Avengers ride and area
    - more landscaping in the studios
    - Star Wars land as an expansion of Star Tours 2.0
    - more Captain Jack influences on Skull island

Source: Disneyland Paris | Rumour: Incredibly detailed 3-year roadmap plan starting in 2014 — Independent Guides

• Minion

Re: Investments to speed up in DLP?

I do hope a lot of this does come off, especially so the resort can celebrate its 25 anniversary in style. The only issue is, its not going to be cheap. I'd bet we're looking at a €1bn, but it'd be worth it.

Some of things aren't so great though, Soarin' over Adventureland? It'd fit better in Discoveryland.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

As on disneyandmore and magicforum.eu comments is stated Soarin is after 2017 and far from sure. The plans after 2017 are more like a Blue Sky fase. IF it is build and IF it is build in Adventureland it should be different from th Soarin over the horizon. It would be made to fit Indy. Besides it should also NOT mean Indy's long awaited ride would be gone forever as it is not located on that spot. I find this rumour getting more exited.

As for not being in WDS seems a wise choice IF we get a copy of Avatarland after 2017. One of those main rides is said to be based on the Soarin concept.

The more Jeff explains, the more interessting and the more sense it all makes.

PS no problem. Can happen and it indeed was a mess with all the spam.

• Minion

Its a curious rumour that one. I don't doubt that WDI would find a way to make it fit in Adventureland, but it just strikes as an odd choice in the first place. Its not as if there aren't any other locations in the park it could go.

And as you said, '17 is a ways off yet and things do change. Who knows the Studio could green light a new Indy movie and then IJA could be back on the radar.

The Avatarland rumour does seem to be very much a Blue Sky one to me. I didn't think it possible, but I think it is more suited to Animal Kingdom than to WDS.
    Then again, anything can happen, no one saw the announcement of Avatarland happening in the first place. If someone had rumoured it beforehand they'd have been told that they'd been sitting in the sun too long.

There are some rumours in that list that I can see happening right now. The S.H.E.I.L.D. overlay on Moteurs could happen virtually overnight. And to a lesser extent, so could the Rock'n'Roller avec Spiderman. (That needs a better fan nickname) but I guess those two won't happen until the hoopla from Remyland has subsided.

Am am intrigued by what they could do to Studio 1.. just seeing what they did in DCA and Buena Vista Street has me excited.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Is this all in response to Paramount Park or part of a greater plan

• Minion

Good question. I would imagine that Paramount Murcia and the planned one in London has put a bit of pressure on - they're in two key markets for the resort.

I don't think that's the sole reason though. They know WDS in particular needs help, just as they worked on things in Hong Kong and DCA.

Walt Disney

• Minion

Well I guess this is a plausible way to put Soarin' in Adventureland, but it still seems odd.. plus anything that's post-1940's in the films will take you straight out of the era.

"From what we have heard, the Soarin' ride will be themed with some ties with Indiana Jones (the planes travels scenes) and will have a very 40's spirit in it. And from what I understood, the opening and ending scenes would be different from the US version of the "Soaring over Horizon" movie to better tie with this style, while the rest might be the same : flights over old historical places.

Finally, one important thing about the location: we said ( ndr: in the report ) it could be built behind the Indy Temple, but there are other places available than the one they kept for Indiana Jones Adventure. One that could be far better to hide the huge show building, and I'm sure you know guess where..."
    http://disneyandmore.blogspot.co.uk/...ng-soarin.html

Walt Disney