Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: WDS Placemaking (2015)

On the one hand I'm surprised and a little disappointed, but on the other I guess it shouldn't be a complete shocker. It'd be a pity to loose it though, its a WDS original and is a pretty decent show.

I wonder what they would replace it with? Mickey's Magical Map from Disneyland?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Rock The World

Animagique has always been a good idea in search of a proper budget - the execution never quite matched the concept. Plus, that concept overlaps quite a lot with Disney Dreams in the neighbouring park, so I wouldn't be surprised if its days are numbered. I suspect whatever replaces it will have a Pixar theme, as the whole area gradually evolves into the park's dedicated Pixar zone.

• Minion

I suppose there's a good chance that it'll be another stage show. After all, they can't fit much in the existing building and knocking down Studio 3 would make for an uneven look.

If it does become something Pixar, you'd hope it's something other than Toy Story. I think there's enough of that in the park now - especially if Mania does get added.

Let's hope its not Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor...

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Rock The World

You're not a fan of the MILF?

I wouldn't mind the Finding Nemo musical from Animal Kingdom, personally. And it'd tie into Crush's Coaster next door.

• Minion

Although there's no connection between these rumours, I read with interested Al Lutz's lastest column that there's a possibility of a Marvel mini-land in DCA.

a new Marvel Studios themed mini-land shoehorned to the southwest of Tower of Terror as an off-shoot of the existing Hollywood Land area. This would be a narrow strip of studio buildings that piggybacks on the 1930’s old Hollywood feel around the Tower of Terror, where the most popular new Marvel characters would set up shop in a series of meet n’ greets and interactive experiences. There would be no actual ride here, just a series of walk-thru exhibits and a theater space that would give the Innoventions type meet n’ greet experiences a more purposeful home.
    It got me wondering, could this also be added to WDS - even if it was just temporary? You know how they like to save costs and have things sometimes developed for more than one park.

Walt Disney

I guess so. I had the same thought when I read the article. Maybe the miniland in DCA is developed on the foundations op our backlot. In that case rock and rollercoaster with spider man overlay, moteurs with avangers overlay and the replacement of Armageddon with fantastic four. There has been a plan to add a Armaddon clone to DCA before. So why not a Armageddon like show with new effects and a new fantastic four story. In a way it makes sense.

would miss john in the pre show.

• Minion

And there's reasonable amount of space on the AES side of Backlot Street for theming. They could even remove the gardens of the Hollywood Tower Hotel if they were desperate.

But what of the TV building? I've never been in it, and surely Stitch doesn't take up all that building?

Walt Disney

I have some news for you. Disneyland Paris is envisioning a loud outdoor attraction near Motors Actions Stunt Show Spectacular. A Marvel version of Test Track, maybe? Or a new scene for Studio Tram Tour?

• Minion

Curious. If it is a new scene for the Tram Tour, I wonder where it's going? Are they finally going to replace Reign of Fire? The placement would have to be in an area that's suitable for future re-routing of the tour.

If its a Test Track type attraction, that'd fit perfectly in the land behind Moteurs and RnRc. But this being WDS, no doubt it'll be put behind the current Tram station and block any proper expansion.

Walt Disney

Or it is the expected Marvel overlay for moteurs, and it is misinterpretated as new ride? Or a night time Fantasmic show as a Dreams counterpart. However there is no doubt something is going on in Paris. The reliable rumours are coming rather quick. Animagique, Toy Story, Backlot Marvel overlay, Jedi, Star Tours 2.0

• Minion

Ahh now that does sound quite possible. Let's face it, even if its was an overlay they'd still promote it as "new".

Walt Disney

In a certain way it is new as it was not there before. Nonetheless in that case something else is to be removed first. But I wonder how they would do it in terms of capacity?? They badly need more capacity in Paris, and they can not miss any of it.

• Minion

Shutting Moteurs would be a big hit on capacity that's for sure. Remyland can't pick that slack up on its own.

Let's hope it is something outside the berm. I know there have been rumours of Backlot getting Marvel theme, but what if this new addition is a one-attraction Marvel-land?

Walt Disney

• Mickey icecream sammiches

Seems to me that even despite the recent opening of the Ratatouille area, and with a potential forthcoming Toy Story Mania, WDS still needs a lot of work. Expansions and new attractions (hopefully actually new and unique ones) are being planned.

• Minion

'A lot of work' is a bit of an understatement really.

In terms of attractions, its still woefully short, but adding Mania and the Backlot attraction would certainly help. They might just make it a half-day park, but there's still no incentive to stay until park closing.

In terms of theming.. well there's even more to be done. WDS is not as immersive as the other Disney parks. Mind you there are some spots here and there that don't need work ie. Front Lot, Place Remy and the area in front of La Tower (if you excuse the fact that they're only flats).

Still, as I've always said, it can't get any worse, so the only was is up.

Walt Disney

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast