Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: WDS Placemaking (2015)

With current lines the park is not a full day. But less than half day at this point? I think that is overreacting. Nonetheless more rides and placemaking are a must to make it a full day park. Including a night time event like Fantasmic to close the day and therefor keep the visitors in the park. The investments could give disneyland park some air by adding capacity. Just like dca-investments were supposed to spread the crowds between the parks.

• Cool Yule

Well I'll be honest with the less-than-half-day comment, I've not been to WDS since '06 (Crush's Coaster was only steel frame at the time), so I haven't factored in either Crush or Playland.

However, even if I were to go now, I'd probably only do half the attractions. Actually I just counted, it'd be less than half - 7 of the 17. Now that's not entirely WDS' fault, there's a few attractions I won't do in Parc Disneyland, but I can still spend a full day there, whereas at WDS I'd probably be done just after lunch.

Thinking about it, part of that does come down to theming. Place de Rémy and La Terrasse aside, there's nowhere really in WDS that you'd want to just sit on a bench and watch the world go by.

But then, that's a secondary issue when its still relatively sparse on attractions.

And I agree Timmie, a nighttime show is desperately needed. Heck I'd even excuse them for running Fantillusion in the park.. that's if it'd fit on the route and they still had the parade floats.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

They partly have the floats. There was a rumour a while ago they would return for a mini parade.

• Cool Yule

Ah not bad then... time to dust them off and put 'em to use in WDS.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

I think TSM and the other additions above would be a good fit for the park. Yes theyre clones but rides are rides and it will be new to a lot of visitors who won't have made it across the pond to the stateside parks. Philamagic would be a good fit as well and I'd love to see a European version of Indy

Don't put your money on Philharmagic. Disney stated they won't be building new 3D movie-rides, because it became to common for everyone to go to a nearby cinema and watch 3D movies. They will be using it as support for rides though. Just like midway mania and ratatouille.

• Cool Yule

OK, crazy speculation time, just exactly where would Midway Mania go?

I presume that they'll just plop it down next to L'Adventure, but that means rerouting the tour again - and I thought that forest was protected?

On a side note, what about that empty plot between CineMagique and the TV building - surely that's prime for a bit of semi-permanant Marvel meet'n'greets?

Walt Disney

By 2017, Marvel should have taken possession of Backlot. The whole area is decorated with false façade inspired by New York.
    Toy Story Mania should be behind RC Racer.

To give you new from European park: this is quite pleasing! Many buildings are rehabilitated, many Main Street buildings are under scaffolding, many effects return, Crush Coaster has a new entry themed, flying carpets were disassembled, cleaned and are now like new. Ratatouille caused a slight increase in attendance. In short, even if it is not the joy level finance, many investments are made ​​and I doubt that DLP pays ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123