Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ratatoulie: The Adventure POV

Ratatouille: On Board - YouTube

Maybe I was expecting more? I'll wait to judge upon further video and actually riding it. A lot of the scenes are quite dark so I couldn't tell what was going on in the finale. But I'll withhold full judgement for now. Solid addition from what I could see though.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Ratatoulie: The Adventure POV

Looks like Spider-Man without the motion base or physical effects. Cute but all the universal haters screaming 'AAs rule over screens!' Will have a tough time explaining this one away
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

It's impossible to judge such a ride with a video. The vehicles are moving but the movements are very slow, because it's a family ride on the contrary of Spider-Man. There are special effets, but you can't see them on the video!

Looks like this is the kind of attraction that can't be appreciated on video. I'm sure the 3d along with the large props add to the experience.

One thing i hate hate about these attractions though including transformers is the fact that you could clearly see the edge of the screen because sometimes the image does not blend in to background. In this case it's the checkered floor in the video compared to the black floor in the attraction.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Just with all the lashing out at Gringotts for relying on screens... Disney's latest attraction relies on it entirely (Gringotts has an advanced ride platform too).

Can't see the 3d in video? Ok, we'll keep that for Gringotts too
    Can't see physical effects? Same...

The ride vehicle seems really under leveraged.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Hmmm anyone else think SeaWorld's Antarctica? I'm sure it's a decent attraction but the onride POV doesn't do it justice. Still just on this one view I'm not inclined to return to DLP any faster.*

• Bangarang!

This is the first attraction in a long time that I've wanted to wait to ride in person.. but I gave it a quick glimpse and yeah I can see the concerns about it being full of screens.

My concern is the 3D.. as a glasses wearer I will probably get terrible shadowing on the projections which takes the edge off it.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• "What is thy bidding?"

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Looks like Spider-Man without the motion base or physical effects. Cute but all the universal haters screaming 'AAs rule over screens!' Will have a tough time explaining this one away

It is a cute attraction, but it does look like it has a similar Spidey/Transformers ride concept minus the ride vehicle. (where are all the 'AAs ).

I noticed a definite break of the video when the rider is traveling across the kitchen table top. hmmmm....

Wow. I know videos are not good indicators, but it does not look very good. Videos usually bear some resemblance to the ride. For example, Spiderman still looks very impressive on video. But the pacing on this looks horrible. Fast, high action screen sections separated by slow moving physical parts. The same screen was used for 3 ride vehicles it looked like to save budget, but that meant you can't get close to the screen. It was obviously a screen, unlike Transformers where riders get up close to the screen so you're fully immersed. I thought Disney Imagineers could still build at Universal quality if given the technology, but it looks like I overestimated them.

The outside area and especially the restaurant look very nice. But that's typical of Disney now-a-days (See Be Our Guest Restaurant and the Little Mermaid ride). It's obvious where all the effort was spent.

Here is a better On Ride Video !

The first one has been shooted very badly with a Gopro camera. Indeed, it filmed more the floor than the show !
    In this one you can really see how will be the guest point of view !

Another video from dlrpfans :

• Certified in everything

I don't think it looks bad, it actually looks really well done and have some pretty neat effects hidden in there. Way more physical sets than Transformers, seems much closer to Spiderman. The best room by far is the the kitchen/pantry… which really goes to show how much better/exciting physical environments are vs. screens.

Issues arise when your remember that Mystic Manor opened a year ago and this seems like a big step behind it. To me, Mystic Manor is a perfect example of relying on screens only where you truly truly need them.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonCM View Post
    Hmmm anyone else think SeaWorld's Antarctica? I'm sure it's a decent attraction but the onride POV doesn't do it justice. Still just on this one view I'm not inclined to return to DLP any faster.*
    I did. I hate to say this but I am leaning on not returning to DLP in the near future. They could have made this more thrilling and... fun. By the looks of it this is like Pooh in Tokyo but on the cheap side.
    WDS will be the worst thing that Disney ever created for many many years more. What a shame.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    I don't think it looks bad, it actually looks really well done and have some pretty neat effects hidden in there. Way more physical sets than Transformers, seems much closer to Spiderman. The best room by far is the the kitchen/pantry… which really goes to show how much better/exciting physical environments are vs. screens.

Issues arise when your remember that Mystic Manor opened a year ago and this seems like a big step behind it. To me, Mystic Manor is a perfect example of relying on screens only where you truly truly need them.
    Transformers is awesome, high speed and thrilling in a mild way. It is like being in the movie. Here you ride a veeeeryyy ugly rat that think it is a snail.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Man, my first thought after watching a video of this ride was, "are you kidding me?" Sooo disappointing! It's just going through the movie but on a ride. There is such a huge reliance on screens and 3D video...I thought you were supposed to go riding about through an oversized restaurant kitchen, a physical, built one! Granted you can't get the full experience of a ride from a video, but this still looks WEAK compared to expectations created by photos, sneak peeks, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast