Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Deal signed for Toy Story Mania and Star Tours 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Well there's enough land....

While DCA got the buffet with RSR, WDS got the hors d'oeuvres with QRR.

There is pleeeenty of land at the DLRP, just no $$$.

Also, I read somewhere that the WDS layout was so messed up since the beginning, that pretty much the only way to expand it would be by once more relocating the tram tour.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Fantastic news!

Now would it be too much to ask that these can be ready for the summer of '17 and the 25th Anniversary?
    I agree with this, your first inclination Hathaway Brown. Since the designing costs for Toy Story Mania and Star Tours 2 SD have already been taken care of, it is absolutely logical that Disney and Euopean investers would want to instsll these two crowd pleasers in time for the Paris resorts's anniversary. I'm extremeluy happy for the two parks!

Star Tours, oif course, is perfect for Discoveryland. Toy Story Mania would be a great fit for Tune Studio if not Toy Story Playland.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Cool Yule

Quote Originally Posted by mtlchuck View Post
    Also, I read somewhere that the WDS layout was so messed up since the beginning, that pretty much the only way to expand it would be by once more relocating the tram tour.
    Yup. From Opening Day it was clear that in some areas of the park they'd painted themselves into a corner.
    A great example of the odd layout is the fact that Tower of Terror is the first attraction you reach after leaving Studio 1. Sure it acts as a weenie outside the park but once inside there's no enticement to go anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I agree with this, your first inclination Hathaway Brown. Since the designing costs for Toy Story Mania and Star Tours 2 SD have already been taken care of, it is absolutely logical that Disney and Euopean investers would want to instsll these two crowd pleasers in time for the Paris resorts's anniversary. I'm extremeluy happy for the two parks!
    I almost forgot, its WDS' 15th anniversary in '17 as well. A perfect fit for the marketing department. "Come celebrate both celebrations with two new attractions". Well perhaps something a bit more snappy than that.

And it'd be nice for Parc Disneyland to have something decent for its birthday. I don't think its really got over the crappy gift it got for the 10th. (WDS).

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Star Tours, oif course, is perfect for Discoveryland. Toy Story Mania would be a great fit for Tune Studio if not Toy Story Playland.
    I don't think they'd be able to squeeze it in Toon Studio, but Playland would be a great location. It'd finally give a little bit of credibility to the land.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

I wish they would fix this park. The structure of it is so beautiful, but its shell is simply falling apart. It's very sad for me personally: I was there opening week and it was a TOTALLY different park for the first three years after that.

• Cool Yule

Don't read too much into this, but there's a new DLP promo video based on the graphic design department of EDI. At 0:36 there's a shot of a clipboard on a desk that features the Hamm and Eggs game poster from Mania. Now it's probably something that an Imagineer has brought over from the project Stateside, but its still interesting to see nonetheless.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

I think TSMM is heading to WDS and that ST 3D will arrive with SWL.

Would be nice presents for both parks in 2017.

I have only rided the Star Tours 3D in TDL and it was awesome. A mall ride? I absolutely disagree. I really think it's a great addition for DLP/SW Miniland. It will be a sure hit in Europe. And of course, the cost would be pretty affordable.

About TSM!, well, it's an ultra-hit in Florida and it turns Japanese people insane. It's another sure hit for WDS (And I hope with improved capacity for the European version)

Also don't forget that the machine that cleans the 3d glasses can handle up to 3 times the capacity of the ratatouille ride, you just don't do that for fun when you don't have any cash!

Quote Originally Posted by mtlchuck View Post
    There is pleeeenty of land at the DLRP, just no $$$.

Yes, the tram tour basically ends the expansion. It will eventually go, as it blocks off land more than twice the size of the current WDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer45 View Post
    I think TSMM is heading to WDS and that ST 3D will arrive with SWL.
    For now, this is what is planned:
    - 2015: Space Mountain Update, update of It's a Small World + show Frozen in Chapparal Theater and Jedi Training Academy at Videopolis
    - 2016: Major refurb of Big Thunder Mountain (minimum 9 months) + update of Star Tour with probably Star Wars Land (cantina, new store photolocation and there was talk of a Jedi Training Academy 2.0 instead of Captain EO)
    2015/2016: We do not know the dates but Peter Pan Flight will have an update, Phantom Manor too as Pirates of The Carraeban
    - 2017: Opening of Star Tower and 3D May be Star Wars Land
    New parade and we talk about a big show on stage Videopolis

Add to this the fact that the hotel is under renovation Newport and New York Hotel should be rehabilitated in 2015.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12