According to @InsideDLParis (Twitter) there will be upgrades to existing rides in the next 3 years. Apparantly Disneyland Park will get 10 upgrades and Walt Disney Studios will get 2 upgrades to its rides. It makes the existing rumors even stronger. They won't say anything about which rides will get upgrades, but I gues it could mean the following:
- Star Tours 2.0 3D - seems certain
- BTM with new effects (after the accident a while ago with the "falling" rocks) and longer trains. Could be like Disneyland Anaheim effects.
- Space Mountain with new trains and an upgrade of the theming to a mixture of mission 1 and 2. Back to mission 1 atmosphere. - Seems pretty legit according to rumors.
- Phantom Manor new effects like the Hauntes Mansion counterparts. - Were rumors a while ago. Seems probable
- Jack Sparrow joining Pirates of the Caribbean - Were rumors before, but a strong one and I think pretty certain.
- An 2.0 overlay like Alice in Disneyland Anaheim of the 3 dark rides in Fantasyland - Could be. Just a wild guess.
- Indiana Jones thee long lost animatronics and extra effects like the Tokyo version. - Could be. Just a wild guess.
- It's a small world upgrade with Disney characters. - Could be. Just like f.e. Hong Kong. Just a wild guess.
Walt Disney Studios:
- Moteurs a Avengers overlay or Aladdin a Pixar overlay to make it Pixarland - Could be. Probable.
- Rock and Rollercoaster a Spider-Man overlay along with a NYC set. Probable.