Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• 12 Year Annual Passholder

Re: Disneyland Paris's attendance collapses

Quote Originally Posted by fandelraton View Post
    I will be writing a review on the park soon. Still debating if I should post here or on Trip Advisor as they're many things Disneyland Paris is lacking.
    Please post here, I'd love to read your review. I am leaving tomorrow for my first trip to Disneyland Paris, and I think I've set my expectations pretty reasonably. We'll see how it goes.

^Art by me!
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

I agree post here so we can share in your trip

In addition why not post to tripadvisor as well and share the love

Regarding that post in French, I dont think that low waiting times reflect actual attendance. I was there mid-December last year and while I never waited for anything more than 10 minutes, I was chatting with a Spanish family who told me that while making their reservations, all hotels were almost full for the period.

So I guess maybe lots of people love staying at their hotels instead of visiting the parks?

Besides Disney quitted giving away free annual passes an ridiculously low fared day passes.

Quote Originally Posted by KEBSD View Post
    Please post here, I'd love to read your review. I am leaving tomorrow for my first trip to Disneyland Paris, and I think I've set my expectations pretty reasonably. We'll see how it goes.
    Enjoy your trip, and let us know how it went after you come back. I would love to hear about your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by robbiem View Post
    I agree post here so we can share in your trip

In addition why not post to tripadvisor as well and share the love
    I'll post a link from Trip Advisor or just copy my review and open a new thread.

Read this article :

1. Ratatouille has had a positive impact on the number of visitors from the Parisian and French markets, but so far has not impacted the hotel occupancy rates. It is too early to assess the ride's impact but the restaurant has been more popular than expected. Visitor satisfaction for WDS has gone up by 5 points since the opening of the attraction, and now 35% of guests start their day at the park compared to 30% before the opening. He also added that on days when the weather is good, park visitors are up compared to Summer 2013.
    2. Hotel occupancy is down by 2 per cent, while 9 per cent of hotel rooms are under refurbishment (notably 500 rooms at Newport Bay Club). Average spending per room is down by 2% due to guests choosing cheaper rooms, and there has equally been a reduction in last-minute bookings from the local market. He says that overall financial figures are very similar to this time last year if we exclude the fact that the Prince who owns 10% of DLP made a big trip last Spring. However, he acknowledged that the group has faced a further slowdown in the French market for 2 months, with household spending falling across the country.
    3. Newport bay Club update: 500 refurbished rooms and a refurbished pool will be unveiled at the start of the new fiscal year. The 2nd and final part of the hotel's renovation will then take place, lasting one year. The hotel will be repositioned as a 4-star hotel, instead of its current 3 stars, as it targets guests who prefer a little luxury over monetary savings. Refurbished room rates will increase in October 2014, and again at the end for refurbished to reflect the quality services put in place.
    4. Disney's Hotel New York: This hotel will be refurbished as soon as the Newport Bay Club is finished. The hotel will completely close during one year in order to complete the works as quickly as possible. [Editor note: This looks like the hotel will be closed from Winter 2015 and all of 2016 from our calculations - meaning it will be brand new for the resort's 25th anniversary in 2017] The hotel will be repositioned from a 4-star hotel to a luxury 4-star hotel after the refurbishment. Management believes it will increase its hotel market share with the hotel refurbs as visitors have shown to be very satisfied with refurbished hotels so far. Guests are ready to spend more for higher quality.
    5. DLP is currently investing heavily in its IT systems which will allow it to better management its daily activities whilst providing financial savings in places like HR and its offices. For guests this will mean now experiences such as an integration of services through a unique RFID card [Editor's note: Like the RFID park tickets/MagicBands available at Walt Disney World?]. A new website will also make reservations easier [Editor's note: This will launch next month in September]. Finally, free WiFi will arrive in the parks, possibly as early as next year (in 2015). Mark Steads has confirmed that the company will continue to invest in quality experiences this year, whilst keeping costs in line with inflation.
    6. Mark Stead says that the relationship between Euro Disney and The Walt Disney Company is a real opportunity. TWDC's priority at the resort is to improve its quality, as well as have a more sustained and rapid development of Disneyland Paris. Although TWDC does not seem to want to change management fees, the U.S. group supports Disneyland Paris as needed (eg, credits and loans) He also added that TWDC had sold DLP an app for $500,000, which cost TWDC $millions to develop [Editor's Note: Is this MyDisneyExperience? Or is it the Photopass+ app? Or something else?]. TWDC also continues to study all the possibilities of financing numerous major projects still in the pipeline. These include the expansion of Disney Village (whose studies are progressing well), expansion of the Walt Disney Studios with new attractions and shows, there is also the possibility of a new hotel, as well as many renovation projects in the parks' backstages, for the comfort of Cast Members.

Looks promising! !!

but no word on the refurbs and upgrades on the Magic Kingdom rides. Could mean they are already greenlit or they are on a different level of negotiations.
    Last edited by *TIMMIE*; 08-07-2014 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post
    Check the official financial report : http://corporate.disneylandparis.com...ement-FY14.pdf
    and what exactly do these numbers tell us about the impact of Ratatouille? Nothing at all.

You wrote earlier:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post
    Ratatouille l'Aventure Totalement Toquee de Remy is a marketing flop. The ride does not attract guests
    about a ride that opened it's doors to public in July and to proof this you post a link to the nine-month-financial-report for the time from October - June - so for a time that has not seen Ratatouille open - so how should these numbers tell us ANYTHING about the impact of Ratatouille?
    dein-dlrp.de - The #1 German Disneyland Paris Guidebook

Since the beginning of the week it is madness! More than 3 hours waiting for Ratatouille from The Place Of Remy but the line often starts in Hollywood Boulevard imagine the time

Today : Tower Of Terror :35 minutes
    Indiana Jones : 45 min
    Studio Tram Tour : 50 minutes
    Crush Coster : 90 minutes
    Star Tour : 80 minutes
    Pirates of the carribean : 50 minutes
    Space mountain : 35 minutes
    RC Racer : 65 minutes
    Ratatouille : more of 2 hours
    Parachute Drop : 75 minutes
    Peter Pan : 55 minutes
    Buzz : 50 minutes