Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disneyland Paris's attendance collapses

Disneyland Paris's attendance is collapsing even if Ratatouille has just opened. Ratatouille l'Aventure Totalement Toquee de Remy is a marketing flop. The ride does not attract guests even if it's a big investment and even if it is very much appreciated by the guests. Future investments are compromised.

Disneyland Paris's has a huge attendance problem. The waiting times of the most popular attractions are very low. Philippe Gas, current CEO of Euro Disney, has transformed Euro Disney into a cheap resort. For instance, a lot of restaurants and attractions have schedules or are closed and European guests do not like that at all. Guests have punished this policy with a bad word of mouth.

Re: Disneyland Paris's attendance collapses

Source? Can't find anything.

it seems unlikely there is a giant downfall in attendance. Allthough there was a 6% decline in visitornumbers last year. It seems they are investing and will invest hughely to improve the resorts' quality and for a better future.

Besides it is far to early to balance the influence of Ratatouille.
    Last edited by *TIMMIE*; 07-30-2014 at 12:40 PM.

This post is true and false. Yes, the attendance is low but it is often the case in July.
    This year more than others, why? The Ratatouille marketing campaign began in late June so guest could not book for July.
    I made ​​a reservation for mid August at Sequoia Lodge and all hotels are loaded according to the central reservation.

This does not endanger the development project. It was spread out over time because Walt Disney Company believed that Europe was emerging from the crisis, on the contrary we are sinking!

And besides it's getting better these days: today Ratatouille has a minimum wait of 90 minutes, 50 minutes Crush, Big Thunder Mountain 50 minutes ....

Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post
    Disneyland Paris's attendance is collapsing even if Ratatouille has just opened. Ratatouille l'Aventure Totalement Toquee de Remy is a marketing flop. The ride does not attract guests even if it's a big investment and even if it is very much appreciated by the guests. Future investments are compromised.

Disneyland Paris's has a huge attendance problem. The waiting times of the most popular attractions are very low. Philippe Gas, current CEO of Euro Disney, has transformed Euro Disney into a cheap resort. For instance, a lot of restaurants and attractions have schedules or are closed and European guests do not like that at all. Guests have punished this policy with a bad word of mouth.
    I agree totally with the last paragraph. I visited Disneyland Park last year for a day trip and was horrified by what I saw. I'm a huge Disney fan and hadn't visited the park in 10 years. It was in such a sad state, peeling paint, poor upkeep & bad show. Food in the restaurants was bad and overpriced and they all closed long before the park did (we were in pizzeria bella note and the staff literally chained the door shut with a padlock at 7pm!). As much as I love Disney and want to love DLP I won't be going back anytime soon unless I read about some big changes at the resort

This is what happens! We've never seen so many renovations! Before, in summer there was no work, there is now work on Main Street Transportation and Candy Palace, on facades of Frontierland, facade of the restaurant Bella Note the water tower of Walt Disney Studios will leave for two months of renovation, Space Mountain and Rock'n'Roller Coaster which was in sorry state are just beautiful, the Newport Bay Club Hotel will be like new ...
    DLP is on the right track! And it is not finished, the entire park will be renovated for 25 years!

Sorry for my english, i'm french ...

• Bangarang!

I agree, its far too early to call Remyland a flop, the paint has hardly dried on the place.
    Although on the promotional side I have yet to see any ad in the UK announcing that its opened.

And I would imagine that when it comes to future investment Burbank doesn't look at the immediate figures. Just like many a company they will look at the projections and work with that.

As for the comments about the upkeep, its a tale as old as time when it comes to DLRP, but I agree completely. Things have been allowed to slide for too long under the excuse of "the debts". Sure they need to be careful with the money they earn, but there's no excuse for letting the standards slip like they do.

Its been mentioned before, and even rumoured not to long ago, but Disney really needs to either take as much control as they can and/or send some more of their people over and really move the resort in the right gear.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandPfans View Post
    This is what happens! We've never seen so many renovations! Before, in summer there was no work, there is now work on Main Street Transportation and Candy Palace, on facades of Frontierland, facade of the restaurant Bella Note the water tower of Walt Disney Studios will leave for two months of renovation, Space Mountain and Rock'n'Roller Coaster which was in sorry state are just beautiful, the Newport Bay Club Hotel will be like new ...
    DLP is on the right track! And it is not finished, the entire park will be renovated for 25 years!

Sorry for my english, i'm french ...
    Your English is excellent! Thank you for contributing to Micechat!

• Not here to help

There is no marketing in Scandinavia for the new ride. There never is for DLP anyway...
    Perhaps Disney doesn't want people to come and see how bad a Disneyland can look?
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Coming soon...

I agree with others here that declaring Ratatouille a failure is short-sighted, as it's only just opened and those numbers are invariably not in yet (note the large queues for the ride alone).

However, if attendance has dropped I'd most likely blame the lack of reasonable investment into the Disneyland park. It really needs a clean up and new rides to boost attendance (and I love Disneyland Paris, so my admitting that shows even I'm jaded by it).

Quote Originally Posted by *TIMMIE* View Post
    Source? Can't find anything.
    I am the source.

On what base (no offence) ?

No other site states anything like it. If so I think the forums would explode with discussions and it would be confirmed by other insiders. DisneylandPfans does make the analysis more realistic. At least at my honest opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by *TIMMIE* View Post
    On what base (no offence) ?

No other site states anything like it. If so I think the forums would explode with discussions and it would be confirmed by other insiders. DisneylandPfans does make the analysis more realistic. At least at my honest opinion.
    Can you speak French? If so, visit :

- Temps d'attente faibles : fréquentation en baisse ?

To prove that the attendance is collapsing : "Higher guest spending in the parks was offset by lower park attendance, hotel occupancy and spending per room for the third quarter"

Check the official financial report : http://corporate.disneylandparis.com...ement-FY14.pdf

I read it, but I see some more nuance in it. Collapses is in my honest opinion a bit to harsch. I do not see a sudden collapse. This was already ongoing past months.

They stated a while ago, they will do less pricing and they want more quality and guest spending. Less of a budget resort with as many guests as possible (budget tickets etc). I think this reflects a part of it, and besides the part there were less beds, the poor economic condition and a part waited for the new ride. As Europe is slightly getting out of the deep of the economic recession it may stabilize. This remains a great point and oppurtunity for WDC to invest. They want to attract long term growth
    as stated befor.

I visited Disneyland Paris 2 weeks ago for the first time, and was very disappointed. Got same feedback from the people I went with.

Some things I noticed was attendance. Most of the rides had 10- 15 minute wait times. I was able to ride rides twice after getting out of the attraction by simply walking back to the line or using a fast pass to return 30 to 45 minutes later. I used that time to shop and grab something to eat.

On the other hand, I was able to ride Ratatouille and I was pleased with the effects and ride itself. Wait times was 90 minutes but decided to go on single rider with 20 minute wait. Definitely worth it.

Definitely Disneyland Paris does not match the quality of park I experience every time I visit the parks in California. Currently a pass holder for 3 years and was/still debating on renewing my pass due to the extreme price hikes and job relocation. After looking at the pass prices for Euro Disney, I was surprised how cheap they were but after experiencing the park, I quickly understood the price points.

I will be writing a review on the park soon. Still debating if I should post here or on Trip Advisor as they're many things Disneyland Paris is lacking.
    Last edited by fandelraton; 08-06-2014 at 06:30 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast