• Journey to the Center of the Earth in Discoveryland

13 21.31%
  • Something else

14 22.95%
  • You don't think they need to build anything else

2 3.28%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Next ride for Disneyland park?

It seems that maybe after the expansion of Walt Disney Studios, Disneyland Park should get a new E-ticket, or another good ride. Any suggestions, it can be an original idea or a copy of an attraction not at Disneyland Paris or an old attraction from other parks.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Re: Next ride for Disneyland park?

Jouney to the center of the earth it should be!! The photos look pretty cool from the one at the other disney park, forgot which one. I think Tom Sawyer Island should go and put Jounet to center of the eart should go there. Tom's Island doesn't have much to do there anymore, except fantasmic. but I want Fantasmic to stay. maybe put it ontop of the mountain of the journey to the center of the eart ride.

our next addition will depends on the Tower of Terror Results . If the park become popular the next addition will be for the WDS and DIsneyland Park will need to wait .

If Lasseter the new guy at WDI had some interesting projects for Disneyland Paris and our management changed their ideas we might have something for Disneyland Park like a Dark Ride '' Pooh '' .

wait and see .
    HKDL : Done !!!

I'd like to see some new dark rides too. I can remember seeing some concept work for Fantasyland, of an improved Mr. Toad's Wild Ride with a english restaurant next to it, or maybe they can do a Narnia theme where you board sleds to the scenes and aa figures of the movie.

• I'm your huckleberry.

I'm gonna bet the next ride will be the Finding Nemo Submarines.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Iron-Clad Allie

-I believe hyperbole is on to something.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-03-2006 at 01:26 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Banned User

I bet you it will be something cartoon based. But please, NO pixar attractions in Disneyland Paris. There are none so far, and please keep it that way!!!

• Hitchhiker

Re: Tibetan Village in Adventureland

There's an awful lot of space behind the current Indy coaster. I'd say we'll see something big coming there during 2009-2012.

What could it be? A Tibetan Village (a la Expedition Everest) with Adventureland railwaystation and new Indiana Jones themed flume and coaster ride - prehaps the Everest mountain itself, but with Indy theme featuring compined flume ride and coaster with pyro and new effects/animatronics. The old Indy coaster should be teared apart. Some props and parts could be re-used.

Tibetan theme would fit well because of the weather.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    I bet you it will be something cartoon based. But please, NO pixar attractions in Disneyland Paris. There are none so far, and please keep it that way!!!
    Pardon my confusion - I realize that this thread is in the Disneyland Paris forum, but are we talking about Disneyland Paris here or the DLR in California?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Diamond In The Rough

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    Pardon my confusion - I realize that this thread is in the Disneyland Paris forum, but are we talking about Disneyland Paris here or the DLR in California?
    The poll mentions "Discoveryland" rather than Tomorrowland, it must refer to Paris.
    I think all this talk of "Tom Sawyer" instead of "Swiss Family Robinson" is where it started to get confused...

I for one would like Adventureland to get a station and a proper theatre for the "Legend Of The Lion King" so it can move out of Discoveryland into a more suitably themed home. Then we start a whole new guessing game for what could go in Videopolis... (JTTCOTE?)

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    Well, you're in for a shock...Buzz Lightyear is opening April 9.."Buzz L'éclair Bataille Laser" replaced Le Visionarium, continuing the trend of any Tomorrowland(Discoveryland) Circle-Vision 360 being shut down and replaced with a Buzz Lightyear ride. They should have kept Le Visionarium, even if it Renault didn't want to sponsor it. Why didn't they just add Buzz over at WDS' Toon Studios. I mean they already have a planned Cars spinner attraction and Finding Nemo coaster, and Incredibles coaster on the board for that park...

• JML

Indiana Jones Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop
    There's an awful lot of space behind the current Indy coaster. I'd say we'll see something big coming there during 2009-2012.

What could it be? A Tibetan Village (a la Expedition Everest) with Adventureland railwaystation and new Indiana Jones themed flume and coaster ride - prehaps the Everest mountain itself, but with Indy theme featuring compined flume ride and coaster with pyro and new effects/animatronics. The old Indy coaster should be teared apart. Some props and parts could be re-used.

Tibetan theme would fit well because of the weather.

Well, I remember reading, a long time ago, in a French magazine, that the space was supposed to be there for the other existing Indiana Jones ride (the one in California). The Imagineer said that he was very excited because it would the only park with both rides together as an ensemble. I remember been very happy because I really loved the California ride. But it was a long time ago... Who knows what the management is going to do...

Btw, this is my first posting!
    Jeanmi

• Rock The World

Welcome to the boards, jml331! Good to have you with us.
    You're right, the space in Adventureland is still earmarked for Indiana Jones Adventure at some point in the future. Whether it will ever really come to pass, I'm not sure, but it would be a fine addition to the park.
    I'd like to see the never-built Fantasyland attractions take form, but my money is still on Splash Mountain for Frontierland.
    As for the Studios, we could soon see the gap between Cinémagique and Disney Channel filled by a new version of a popular ride from the American parks. I'll leave you all to guess which one though...

• Plastic Monkey

i seem to remember that the indy ride system was going to be used for adventureland, but as the jungle cruise and you would be chaised by tigers, or am i thinking of something else?

the space seems a bit small, would indy fit?

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by J9000
    i seem to remember that the indy ride system was going to be used for adventureland, but as the jungle cruise and you would be chaised by tigers, or am i thinking of something else?

the space seems a bit small, would indy fit?
    The ride would fit - the space is a lot bigger than it seems, and could also be extended beyond the train tracks.
    You're right about the Jungle River Cruise (JRC) adaptation though. When the park first opened in 1992, the Imagineers wanted to put a new version of the JRC in here, using jeeps instead of boats. But when Indy opened in California, the plans were changed, and Dr. Jones has had the spot reserved ever since.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast