Alice's Curious Labyrinth is Falling Apart!

No comment...

Name:  1511.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  105.2 KBName:  1512.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  63.7 KB

Welcome to the magical world of Disneyland Paris!

Re: Alice's Curious Labyrinth is Falling Apart!

Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post
    No comment...

Welcome to the magical world of Disneyland Paris!

I visited Disneyland Paris for the first time almost a month ago and I was very disappointed when I saw this type of conditions and lack of maintenance on most of the areas in the park.

• Minion

The Queen of Hearts looks like she jumped into a garbage can

• Bangarang!

This shouldn't surprise me but it still does.

I do wonder what Burbank think when they see this.. or should I say if they see things like this.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Not here to help

IŽd like to hear what those people that always defend DLP has to say about this.

This is not anything shocking. This is the way the entire resort looks like most of the time. It is also why I don't have any plans to go there ever again.
    I like Disney. Not this junk!
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion

ORWEN: Could it be that the Queen of Hearts was just having a bad hair day? You know how she always brings disaster onto herself...

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

I'm one who loves DLP. But this is bad show, They need to get to fixed.
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

• Bangarang!

At €65 for priority seating for Dreams, you'd think they could use some of that to buy a garden hose and wash the crud off the Queen of Hearts.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Not cool disney. It is great they apparently are doing many rehabs at the moment, but the maintenance definately needs to get better too.

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

I am all for being critical of Disney when they deserve it. I visited Disneyland Paris for the first time two weeks ago and I had a ton of fun, but I was also quite disappointed in the upkeep in parts of the parks.
    However, I wouldn't say that the photos the OP posted are a very fair depiction of the attraction as a whole. Yes, the upkeep isn't at true Disney standards, but overall the walkthrough is in pretty good shape. The Queen of Hearts animatronic you photographed isn't currently operational (re: She doesn't pop out, so she isn't visible to the public unless they choose to look over a fence), so while it isn't ideal for there to be part of an attraction that isn't working, there is still another Queen of Hearts animatronic that looks really great.

The part that needs the most attention is the castle itself, but from the time I was there (these photos were taken on August 9th) it wasn't as gross looking.

As for the rest of the attraction, it was quite beautiful to walk through. Such an attraction might seem pretty low maintenance, but it takes a lot of intentionality on their part to keep all of the hedges looking so well manicured and all of the characters looking relatively clean (being exposed to the elements doesn't make that easy).

Last edited by KEBSD; 08-24-2014 at 12:40 AM.

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 9.13.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 19

• Bangarang!

Interesting point on the Queen, if she's been benched for a while and out of view from guests then its not as bad. However, the question is, why is she out of service? If its not anything mechanical and just a clean required then there's no reason to have her mothballed.

Being one of the signature pieces of the attraction, visible to the rest of Fantsayland, you'd think that the castle would be kept in better shape. But then the "meh, its good enough" mantra of EuroDisney creeps in. Which is frustrating.

At least from your photos KEBSD, its not all doom and gloom for Alice. They do seem to have improved it from when I last went. The Cheshire floral looks great.

Walt Disney

It's so sad to see a beautiful place fall apart. I went to DLP last year and it's the first time I've ever come away from a Disneyland feeling sad

I've always heard that Disneyland Paris is a beautiful park...a shame to hear from so many people that the maintenance is lacking so much. For those of you who live in Europe and frequent the park, and for anyone else who's been there, please write in and tell them you're not happy with the way it looks! The more people complain, the more management will step it up. Disney as a company really does read and take into account customer feedback!

The guest have torn the crown of the queen, break door, moss growing? The guest are urinating everywhere!

Iger saw the sate of the park ay the end of June, he was not happy! This is also what precipitated the departure of Gas!

• Minion

Something really needs to happen at Disneyland Paris, it lags way way behind all the other parks around the world. People complain that TDA and TDO are cheap but compared to Paris they're like billionaires who have been told they only have a week to spend their money.