Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Main Street Maniac

Smile Re: Disneyland Paris Resort TR Part One: Icky Studios Paris

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker
    As for the plans that Disney have for the park's further development, I can't speak with absolute authority. But I have just been made privvy to a set of Imagineering plans dating from 2003/2004, when it became obvious that the park needed some drastic work.
    I just finished reading some very interesting news about the future of WDS at www.disneytheque.com and it all supports what you were talking about. If all the things they talked about is built, WDS will finally get some chance to reach the status of Disney Theme Park. I really hope so because I like the theme of movies so much and WDS is such a disappointment to me everytime I think about it.
    Visit my blog at

2008: Disneyland (15 years after the 1st visit!)
    2007: World of Disney New York City
    2006 Disneyland Resort Paris
    1992: Euro Disney Resort
    2005: Tokyo Disney Resort
    1998-2005: Disneyland Paris
    1997: Walt Disney World
    1993: Disneyland

Re: Disneyland Paris Resort TR Part One: Icky Studios Paris

I have a feeling that a studio that isn't really a studio is never going to work.

Walt Disney Studios Paris seems deeply flawed at its most basic, conceptual level.

• Banned User

Not too mention...this resort will never get their fair quota of guests to make it succesful, regardless of it being touted as the most visited resort in Europe. TOT will not change that fact about WDSP. One ride alone does not make a park "Disney". It requires theme, fantasy, some mystique, and overall... magic. WDSP is devoid of some of those ingredients. I much prefer the more realized atmospheres and themes of DCA over this badly designed and deeply flawed studio park.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by massimo
    I just finished reading some very interesting news about the future of WDS at www.disneytheque.com and it all supports what you were talking about. If all the things they talked about is built, WDS will finally get some chance to reach the status of Disney Theme Park. I really hope so because I like the theme of movies so much and WDS is such a disappointment to me everytime I think about it.
    Thanks for that link! That is some interesting stuff there...apparently this was shown at the EuroDisney meeting on the 10th...the new Pearl Harbour set could be cool (but I say just ditch the tram tour) and the street sets are needed...but a Soarin ride? What movie would you be filming there? I'd like to see how they added that one.

Evoquons maintenant l'ajout de ses extensions. Concernant Soarin' celui-ci porterait le nom de Soarin' Over the World et non Over California. Le film est d'ores et déjà tournée puisqu'il équipera d'ici 2 ans la version d'Epcot en Floride. Pour Studio Tram Tour, une nouvelle gare verrait le jour puisqu'un hub prendrait place sur son emplacement actuel. Le parcours serait rallongé et de nombreux décors viendrait prendre place le long. Par exemple, une section entière consacrée à Pearl Harbor semble à l'étude. Enfin, l'ajout de faux décors à l'image des Backlot Street Sets des Disney-MGM Studios est aussi envisagé.
    Mr French isn't the best at all but I think I caugh the basic drift of this...I have to wonder...if they pulled this away from the meeting was this talked about or was a map/plan shown?

Quote Originally Posted by kayoss
    >> I understand how you feel about the scheduling of these shows, and while "Animagique" is garbage, "Cinemagique" which is just a film with very minimal special effects..is one of those rare film attractions that deliver a solid storyline with an interesting premise... Please make a point of seeing this little film next time you go to WDSP..if there is another time.
    >>
    What's "Cinemagique" about, and why is it good? Is it something that is worth exporting to D.C.A.?

After performing a Google search, I am intrigued. Everyone seems to give this attraction favorable reviews, but all the articles warn of spoilers. So, I've decided to not read further.

Apparently, Martin Short is featured in what Jim Hill describes as a "love letter to the movies" within which 100 years of cinema history are spanned.

Considering that D.C.A. has elicited such contempt from so many, I sensed that this attraction, which I have not yet seen, might fit well in the Hollywood section of the new park and might improve guest satisfaction there.

Is there anyone who is familiar with both Walt Disney Studios and D.C.A. who has an opinion regarding such an export?
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 02-16-2006 at 03:27 AM.

• Banned User

Gladly... The attraction would work well in the Hollywood section of DCA. Basically..without giving away too much since there is not much to give away really... You have Martin Short interrupting the show with a cellphone... and from that point on... he is transported into the film, where he goes thru the era of black and white film. western films, drama, comedic films etc etc etc... all in pursuit of a love interest he meets in the beginnin of the film... What makes Cinemagique so wonderful is the effective and fabulous editing of classic and contemporary films with new filmed sequences by Martin short, where our hero finds himself "trapped" in famous films of recent and past times... It's jus a wonderfully conceived and directed short worthy of export to other Disney resorts... It should go to MGM and DCA, most definitely. It's the only movie attraction I make a point of seeing if I have more than an hour to enjoy at WDSP.

• The Candidate

Is it just a movie, or does it include extra effects? Would it fit in the Millionaire building?

• Plastic Monkey

its a movie, with two additional actors (short and an usher) few pyros and a few props, oh and water sprinklers nothing major
    seats are comfortable too.

the film is what is great about it though, it really is seamless in the mixing

i have read it proberbly wont make it over the pond due to the cost of film royalties, alot of great films in it are not in the disney stable

• MiceAge Columnist

It's also another film which historically do not make for long term attractions.
    Quite quickly people get bored with seeing the same film, jokes, story all the time.
    In my opinion it would not make a good addition to DCA, it would last 1-2 years maximum and then end up like the Muppets or HSTA empty all the time.

Ian
    "I'm surrounded by idiots"

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by Ian P
    It's also another film which historically do not make for long term attractions.
    Quite quickly people get bored with seeing the same film, jokes, story all the time.
    In my opinion it would not make a good addition to DCA, it would last 1-2 years maximum and then end up like the Muppets or HSTA empty all the time.

Ian
    The only reason that I would disagree is that Millionaire is currently empty anyway. At least putting in an attraction like this would give them some time to come up with something different.

Sorry everyone...so much work to do when you go away for a bit. A couple you have messaged me about the rats in Blue Lagoon, and if I was kidding around. I'd just like to say "man, I wish I was."

Blue Lagoon was swarming with rats. I counted at least four, and they weren't shy at all. In fact, they seemed to have no problem eating food directly under patron's feet. It scared the living crap out of a group of girls. Personally, I think rats are cute and rarely dangerous, but I did lose my appetite since I know they carry disease. Honestly, I've seen live rats scurry about in every single Pirates attraction in the world, except, amazingly, Tokyo (how do they solve THIS problem?!). I say that because, well, it IS a hard problem to solve, since the dark, murky environment of the ride make it a perfect living habitat for sewer-type rats. However, I have NEVER before seen rats at the Blue Bayou at Disneyland, despite seeing rats on the attraction itself (but only after dropping beneath the berm). The fact that not only did Blue Lagoon in Paris have several rats running around in plan view of the customers, but the cast members did nothing to address any of the shrieking customer’s concerns, well... let's just say I've never seen that at ANY restaurant. And I've been to third world countries.

Anyhow, you'll all get to see the pictures of the restaurant incident, as well as nearly 200 photos of the much nicer areas when I present Pt. 2. Hopefully over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    Is there anyone who is familiar with both Walt Disney Studios and D.C.A. who has an opinion regarding such an export?
    Not only would they have to pay a lot of royalties for a Cinemagique in D.C.A., I also think that the storyline needs major adjustment. Itīs about an American Tourist in France. How would that work for D.C.A.? Most of the jokes are language related; Short speeking crappy French and not understanding what the girl says! They need to film a large part of the movie again, or better: come up with a new one thatīs as nice as the Paris version!
    - Milo

• Plastic Monkey

it would relate across, its just the royalties. and

Spoiler
    its only the beginning which would need rewirting, the whole airport rant / loudmouth tourist part, the girl is a silent film star, so that part would work, i think its dubbed into the other languages, it was all in english the version i saw if the french one is in french i dont know,

it looks like cinemagique was made to cross the pond as it features a major american star, the two reasons i can think of this are
    1/ a pull for non french tourists, (ie - unique french named attraction, english speaking draw)
    or 2/ major worldwide star so its not needed to be remade when transferred to america.

look at the other attractions, armageddon has micheal clarke duncan, but that was already filmed for dca, rock and roller coaster features aerosmith, but it couldnt be anything else. plus this mark 2 could be earmarked for dca, (seem to remember it was at one point)

the tram tour (the only attraction with celebrities not going to be transferred across,) features jeremy irons an brit for the english voice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12