Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Paris: The Mark Twain is falling apart!

After Alice's Curious Labyrinth (Alice's Curious Labyrinth is Falling Apart!), the Mark Twain is now falling apart!

This is unacceptable! And these pictures are taken from the park!

Name:  par1.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  102.3 KBName:  par2.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  119.9 KBName:  par3.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  161.1 KBName:  par4.jpg
Size:  98.7 KBName:  par5.jpg
Size:  85.7 KB

Disneyland Paris needs help from TWDC! It's urgent!

• Not here to help

re: Paris: The Mark Twain is falling apart!

It's beyond repair.
    But that is how the entire resort looks like.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion

*bangs head on desk*
    Its like Captain Hook's pirate ship all over again.

EuroDisney.. stop ruining this resort!!

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

I'm so desperate to see that ... Ok, there is a lack of money and there are other priorities but... you can't abandon such a work of Imagineering.

Hope this will change

• Not here to help

Here is more about the park that is falling apart:
    http://disneyandmore.blogspot.se/201...news-from.html

• Minion

You'd think by now I wouldn't be shocked by things like this, but I still do.

Have things (fiscally) really got that bad at ED again?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Not here to help

It semes like it it is worse than ever. Many places are beyond refurb and need to be completely rebuilt. Imagine how it looks where the guests can't see.
    I was inside the castle a few years back... and was shocked to find that it looked like an old basement with peeling walls and a very damp smell.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Sounds like our place here in Morva. Heck! We're used ta that sort a stuff!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    It semes like it it is worse than ever. Many places are beyond refurb and need to be completely rebuilt. Imagine how it looks where the guests can't see.
    Excellent point, I actually dread to think. I do hope its not as bad as we imagine.

Something needs to be done, as the more things are left to decay the more it costs to repair. Burbank must feel this is turning into a money pit.

Walt Disney

that is terrible!

One step forward, two steps back... it's always the same with DLP. Every time I hear about the success of a recent extensive refurbishment, it's shortly followed by appalling reports of something else literally falling apart. I just can't believe that they're not competent enough to understand that a fresh coat of lacquer/sealant and some minor trim work every couple of months is exponentially cheaper than letting something rot for years, only to have to shut it down and completely rebuild it. Honestly, this kind of garbage does not save them a DIME, it costs them so much more in the long run in terms of maintenance cost. It's like changing the oil in your car, you can save $60 a year by not changing the oil annually, and then in 3-4 years you'll be spending $3000 to replace the engine. It's the same concept here, upkeep is paramount in these type of situations. MAINTINING THIS STUFF IS CHEAPER THAN A REBUILD!

Now I'll give them their credit- it seems like recently they've been giving attention to stuff that really needed. The recent Pirates and Indy rehabs were fairly extensive. Then again, the Indy stuff was allowed to deteriorate until it was literally collapsing, and required a massive and expensive rebuild. Totally un-necessary and pointless money spent compared to just throwing up the scaffolds on a yearly basis and patching/painting the temple for a week or two. Then there are the hotels, which luckily are being refurbished one by one, but boy were they in atrocious shape awhile back. Again, allowing the siding to just rot and the rooms to just gather more and more stains/wear and tear meant that they needed to be completely ripped out and re-built. Much more expensive than just repairing things and washing them. Either way though, I glad to see them finally getting their act together on the hotels.

My biggest issue is- by the time half of DLP's issues are fixed (if they ever are), something else will be in desperate need of attention due to constant lack of upkeep. They'll fix Thunder Mountain and by that time, Pirates will be back in the toilet. They'll finally address Phantom Manor, and the Molly Brown will be neglected. They'll bring out Star Tours II and Buzz Lightyear will have every element broken. They'll refurbish Alice's Labrynth and Storybook/Casey Jr will be covered in mildew with broken set pieces. It's not enough to spend 6-8 months at a time completely overhauling an attraction once a decade when it's fallen apart, they seriously need to address these things with actual scheduled maintenance, every month or so. It's not about shutting each attraction down every year for a month (though Tokyo seems to be there at this point), just replace lights, spend a few hours painting, replace a few broken pumps here and there. It's really not that time consuming or expansive. Every other Disney park seems to give attention to a problematic ride when it's below "A" grade, yes Paris just runs their rides in "C" grade at all times, and only takes time to fix something it if completely FAILS- even then it's probably just left turned off. (yes there are always exceptions, but don't kid yourself into believing Disney doesn't run the cleanest, best maintained parks in the industry, because they do except for Paris).
    Honestly, I'm extremely optimistic with Disney Parks around the globe, and I'm not the sort to complain endlessly about silly things like a single broken show element or the current Frozen invasion. I root for Disney every single day and consider them to be the gold standard in theme parks. It's laughable to see people comparing Universal to Disney in terms of quality (yes, flashy new thrill rides are always fun, but they do not give a park it's soul, which it why Universal's parks have no soul, no entertainment, no decent shows, no parades, no magic at all really). Disney wins hands down in most cases, except for Disneyland Paris.

I truly hope that one day they'll get their act together. I can put up with rude smoking Parisians, I can deal with the additional rude cast member, I can even deal with a few effects being off or a ride or two breaking down. But all of those things combined with the terrible upkeep, bad food and poor hotels means I don't have much faith in DLP ever coming up to standards. It's sad really, Disneyland Paris could and should be the most beautiful park on planet Earth, but again I just don't see it happening.

Anyway, sorry for the diatribe, but I really am disgusted at the conditions at Disneyland Paris. I had a wonderful visit there quite some time ago, and I sure am glad I do not need to see these kinds of things with my own two eyes now. Sure, 9 out of 10 things at Disneyland Paris are up to standards, and sure plenty of people still have magical experiences there. I don't doubt that plenty of people are satisfied with visits to the park and I'm glad for those people. They are either oblivious to the true Disney standard or they must not care about that sort of thing. I, however, cannot bring myself to participate in something so poorly done.

We've been itching to get back to Paris for years and just can't do it. We even took a trip around the world this year and visited every Disney park world wide over the course of a month this summer, except for DLP. We were literally two hours away in Germany for a week and chose to visit Europa Park and Phantasialand (which were fantastic by the way) instead of Disneyland Paris. If that doesn't demonstrate my level of disappointment and outrage at the place, I don't know what will. We purposely avoided Disneyland Paris on a worldwide, globe spanning Disney Parks trip because frankly, my wife and I could not bear to see some of the things I see in photos here and elsewhere on the web. It makes us sad, and it makes us want to spend our money elsewhere. Paris doesn't deserve our patronage, and they don't deserve most anyone else's either.

• Not here to help

For years I have posted about the condition of DLP just to be made fun by some people on this forum and called "negative over small issues" and completely cyberbullied on MagicForum (a terrible pro DLP forum where they claim WDS is better than TDS).
    But during these years we see it again and again and ever after how DLP not only is rotting but also falling apart to the extent that the even put up nets over peoples heads to protect them from getting killed by pieces of building from the crumbling buildings.

I am a die hard Disneyland fan. I go to all Disneyparks in the world whenever I can. But I will never go back to DLP unless they tear it down and rebuild the entire resort. That is what is needed to save most of it.

I would also urge anyone with a moisture meter to make readings in the buildings in the park and posting it here. Wherever there is rott and mold it is directly dangerous for people to even enter. I wish to be proven wrong but the decay is too deep to just be painted over like they have done in some areas a while ago.

This is all very tragic, because Disneyland in Paris is the best Disneyland park of all if it only ever ran full capacity with rides and shows.

• will-o-the-whip

I've been to all the Disney park resorts in the world, except Paris. Reviews like these over and over again just keep me away.

• Galactic Member

I have no desire to go to DLP anymore. With everything falling apart I would question the safety of the attractions.
    Galactic Member

I can accept the critics but why do you never show the good thing ?
    What is falling apart ? Mark Twain and what ? Anything !

Fultimate show you the bad point but never the good !
    12 ride will be updated and refurb ! They are refurb all the park but no you are always showing bad thing !

This year :
    - Major refurb of Indiana Jones
    - Major reburf of Chapparal Theater
    - Major refurb of Main Street in progress
    - Pirates of the carraeban is now excellent
    - They are reconverting many shop
    - A new season with a beautiful show was created in less of 3 month !
    - Characters are very present on the park ! 7 dwars who were never leaved since many years are leaving every week end !
    - Refurb and change of logo for Earfell Tower

And next : refurb of Mark Twain, update of Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Phantom Manor, Star Tour, Jedi Training Academy in Videopolis, new show on Chapparal Theater, Summer season, update of Adventure Island and refurb of Main Street with maybe Starbuck ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast