Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Diamond In The Rough

A 2009 attraction for DLRP?

With Buzz at the Disneyland Park, ToT and Toon Studios taking shape over at the Studios, the question is - what's next?

Are we getting ahead of ourselves?
    Various rumours indicate that a clone of "Mickey's Philharmagic" will appear in the Studios in either the "Animagique" or "Cinemagique" builidings.
    What are your thoughts - will the language barrier be a problem? Which (if any) of these current Studio attractions could you afford to lose?

Or maybe you'd like to see something else?

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: A 2009 attraction for DLRP?

These rumors are starting to fly and they are getting stupid. First there was the moving of Soarin from out behind the studios to between Cinemagique and DC Studios...where there really isn't the room.
    Now they want to put Mickey's Philharmagic into either Animagique or Cinemagique? Niether one of these theaters are equipped for Philhar(magique??)magic...so why does cash strapped EuroDisney want to spend all this money to kill one of nine attractions and retrofit thier theater when throwing that extra little bit of money would help because a new theater equals a whole new attraction, not keeping the count at 9. Spend $20 million and kill one attraction to replace it...or spend $30 million and build it a new theater...it makes no sense.
    I dunno WDS (every resort) could benefit from Philharmagic...but I don't see any logic in putting it in Studio 2 or 3.
    These rumors are not making sense. Some say 2009 has extra money left over for attractions...but where the rumors are going is just "off".

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Write that Saudi prince and Michael Jackson, maybe they can swing something!

• Rock The World

I've been hearing these rumours for a while now too, and I can shed a little light on them. Philharmagic has been mooted as a possible addition to the park, but no firm location has been decided on. It may appear one day in Toon Studios (which would be logical), or maybe even off the new Boulevard, although I think that's unlikely.

As for Soarin', I thought the rumours were a load of rubbish as well. But then I saw the Imagineering plans that had been drawn up for the future extension of the park, and there it is - Soarin' Over The World, slap bang between Disney Channel and Cinémagique! The plan shows some alteration of the backstage areas to allow more room. Even so, I suspect the ride may only have one "show room", instead of two, as it does at EPCOT.

The plans aren't definitve, of course, but Soarin' is still the frontrunner for the next stage of the Studios' development.
    Last edited by soundtracker; 03-03-2006 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker
    Even so, I suspect the ride may only have one "show room", instead of two, as it does at EPCOT.
    Size wise that makes a bit more sense...because if they go back in that spot of WDS too far they get onto the RER tracks no? I'd really question the building of a showbuilding for a ride like Soarin on the roof of a train tunnle/station.
    But here lies the problem with that...ONE THEATER?? This is EPCOT's longest line and WDW's highest rated ride right now, and DCA's top draw too...and they want to cut its kind low capacity even more? Okaaayy...if they insist. Doesn't seem like the best plan to me when they have so much space out behind the tram tour.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Well Soarin' Over the World could be cool, especially if Amelia Aerhart or the Spirit of St. Louis was your host and the theme was youre on the first trip around the world... It could be a cool way to present the show in the new DCA and it might work better at WDS as well. As for EPCOT why not?

• Rock The World

I think it would be a good addition to the studios as well - after all, the show room itself is basically unthemed, so the pretence of filming a special effects scene wouldn't jar too much.
    I'm also a bit concerned about the capacity issues though, and agree with your points completely, tloolgb. Maybe they'll just go with the one screen, or two smaller screens. Either way, I'd hate to imagine the queues that would build up!

• Defying Gravity

How would soarin' fit into the theme of the studios?

I LOVE the attraction, but I think there would be a better way to place it.
    You say Im a bitch like its a bad thing.

London BABY!!

Quote Originally Posted by winniepooh
    How would soarin' fit into the theme of the studios?

I LOVE the attraction, but I think there would be a better way to place it.
    Lol The same way Magic Carpets of Aladdin do. They're filming something, you're the cast. Lol.

Maybe they could build Soarin" in Discoveryland in Videopolis, as "Legend of Lion King" might fit the Toon Studios area of WDS. Obviously they wouldn't have the same California flight, but they have a lot to film over France and Western Europe. They could film it through the eyes of Jules Verne to keep with the theme, even have in the queue "Nine Eye" from Visionarium as the one who is with you flying, almost a tribute of the "Le Visionarium". I think the victorian balloon would need to be kept as it would fit the flight theme.

....Just a suggestion, I don't really know how space requires in DLP let alone budget needed.

While the Lion King show is popular I don't know how much of a draw it is...and WDS needs a draw like Soarin.

• Rock The World

Funny you should say that. The Lion King show was mooted for the Production Courtyard at one point, in a rather handsome semi-circular theatre that would have occupied the site where the Tower Of Terror is now being built. But you're right, I think it would fit perfectly into either Animation Courtyard or Toon Studios.

• JML

Adding rides to Walt Disney Studio is important but the main draw at DLP is still the original Park and with Space Moutain's failure to attract more people and the addition of Buzz (not a fantastic ride), I do not foresee the numbers getting bigger anytime soon (especially if they keep the same "hopping" policy). Don't you all think that they should built something big there very soon?
    Jeanmi

• MiceAge Columnist

No more shows or films please for the Studios, we need rides !
    "I'm surrounded by idiots"

• Just this guy......

I wouldn't be shocked it they are now thinking to put a Monster's INC. ride into the Toon area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast