• Circle of Ancients

Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Disneyland Paris?

If so, can you please tell me what your experience was like?

I was looking at pictures of it on the website and it looks really beautiful on the outside . The rooms also look pretty nice in the pictures. It's only $162 total for Friday and Saturday night through Travelocity....I think they mean in euros, but that still seems like a really good price...almost too good to be true.

Any info would be extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Re: Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Disneyland Paris?

Holiday Inn at Disneyland Resort Paris is one of the newest and greatest Unofficial Hotel .

Shuttle are runs every 15min all day long and it's also very close from Disneyland resort Paris and it's just at a few miles away like 5min by shuttle .
    HKDL : Done !!!

• Plastic Monkey

its brilliant, i stayed there just before christmas, the (think they are the buisness or studio rooms) are the fancy upmarket ones, (think it was 90 euros or something) the rooms looked expensive but werent, big bathrooms and comfy bed. only downer was lack of pillows,

if youre not bothered by the distance its cheaper than the disney hotels by far and better quality than the newport bay club.

one warning, there will be lots of little kids at the weekend due to the circus theme,

just skip the breakfast though, it costs extra so bring your own or eat somewhere else, or skip, not good

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot
    Holiday Inn at Disneyland Resort Paris is one of the newest and greatest Unofficial Hotel .

Cool! It looks very beautiful and it's a lot cheaper than some of the other Disney hotels.

Shuttle are runs every 15min all day long and it's also very close from Disneyland resort Paris and it's just at a few miles away like 5min by shuttle .

We don't even know for sure if we're going to go to DL or not because we want to spend as much time as we can seeing all the other Paris sights. But we thought it would feel "familiar" since it's Disney and the price was great!!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by J9000
    its brilliant, i stayed there just before christmas, the (think they are the buisness or studio rooms) are the fancy upmarket ones, (think it was 90 euros or something) the rooms looked expensive but werent, big bathrooms and comfy bed. only downer was lack of pillows,

Awesome! I hope the room we get looks like the one in the picture. It has a queen bed and a bunkbed with drapes that wrap around it for privacy. And the grounds look absolutely gorgeous. We're hoping there's a way to get from there to central Paris other than driving since driving in Paris is just crazy!

if youre not bothered by the distance its cheaper than the disney hotels by far and better quality than the newport bay club.

Nah, distance doesn't bother us. We're driving 5 hours from Heidelberg , Germany just to get there!

one warning, there will be lots of little kids at the weekend due to the circus theme,

That sounds cute...lots of little French speaking kids running around! And we're taking our 10 year old with us!

just skip the breakfast though, it costs extra so bring your own or eat somewhere else, or skip, not good

Thanks for that tip....we're not big breakfast eaters anyways and I love the cheese in France more than anything so we'll probably just have coffeee and baguettes with cheese!!

Wow! I am so excited now!! And it was $162 in American dollars, not Euros!!

• Banned User

And do not forget the choclate!!! ( the melt in your mouth kind!!! )
    I had to throw that in,

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup
    [/b]

We don't even know for sure if we're going to go to DL or not because we want to spend as much time as we can seeing all the other Paris sights. But we thought it would feel "familiar" since it's Disney and the price was great!!
    you should spend a day at Disneyland Paris it's another experience than Disneyland California or WDW . Ask to those MCers who went to Disneyland Paris i'm sure they will share my opinions about Disneyland Paris .

one of the best Magic Kingdom on earth .

Walt Disney Studios Park is not even better than DCA so you can forget it .
    HKDL : Done !!!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot
    you should spend a day at Disneyland Paris it's another experience than Disneyland California or WDW . Ask to those MCers who went to Disneyland Paris i'm sure they will share my opinions about Disneyland Paris .

I'm thinking maybe we will go there on Sunday before we drive back to Heidelberg...it seems like too good of an opportunity to miss!

My niece is currently an exchange student in Paris so I;m hoping she can connect with us there and she would probably like going o Disneyland too!!

• Plastic Monkey

Talking Re: Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Disneyland Paris?

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup
    [/b]

Thanks for that tip....we're not big breakfast eaters anyways and I love the cheese in France more than anything so we'll probably just have coffeee and baguettes with cheese!!
    thats what we do normally!
    the only reason we got the breakfast was because i was on medication and needed to eat with it, i just ate stale pastries and cheese in my room which i got from carrefore after the first morning. i think there is one nearby as well

when we stayed we actually commuted into paris by train from disneyland to see the sights and wander round its about 40-50 minuites (i think) and the line runs though the centre of the city.

ps touristy but if yourve not done it, go to the top of the eiffel tower at night. wow

i would argue to see disneyland as well, by far its my faviourite park, so beautiful and detailed and phantom manor rules

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by J9000
    when we stayed we actually commuted into paris by train from disneyland to see the sights and wander round its about 40-50 minuites (i think) and the line runs though the centre of the city.

Thanks for that tip too! My husband was hoping there'd be a way to get to the centre of the city from there!!

ps touristy but if yourve not done it, go to the top of the eiffel tower at night. wow

Yay! That is what we most want to do since we didn't do it last time. We spent most of our time in the Louvre and barely made a dent in it!

i would argue to see disneyland as well, by far its my faviourite park, so beautiful and detailed and phantom manor rules

You have convinced me to go on Sunday and I see on the internet that the kids are free with each paying adult!!

• Plastic Monkey

the train to disneyland, goes all through paris, there is a great rer map here, http://www.ratp.fr/
    i know one of the stops is the arc du treiumph (charles de gaulle etoili - cannot spell) as we walked from the tower to the arc, took photos from the middle of the road (spot the english guy) got some food and went back to the resort direct.

just wait till night to do the tower, and remember, switch your camera flash off and lean it against something (a tripod, i used a rail) and you can get some good pics. oh and lookout for the police with the assult rifles,

enjoy!