Disneyland Paris Resort TR Part One 1/2: Blue Lagoon RAT Adventure

Because I've been so busy lately, I still haven't gotten around to Part 2 of my trip report, which shows DLP Park in all it's glory. But, due to the intense amount of emails I got regarding the whole rat thing at Blue Lagoon restaraunt, I've decided to post a preview including not only the rat thing, but a photo essay detailing Main Street USA.

From the site: Ah yes, the Blue Lagoon. Supposedly the Ďbestí restaurant in Disneyland Paris. Certainly, the theming is beautiful, and how itís set up is much more exciting then the other Lagoon restaurants in the other Disney parks. Disneyland Parisí version of Pirates of the Caribbean is a radically different Ďre-imaginationí of the ride and contributes immensely to this wonderfully themed eatery. However, they seem to have a bit of a rat problem. Real rats. Not Audio Animatronics. And not just a couple. A whole bunch. Now, to be fair, every single version of Pirates I have been on (except, amazingly, Tokyoís) I have at one point or another seen a real rat or two scurry about inside the attraction. The water, humidity, and darkness of the rides are a natural place for rats to call their home. However, I have never, EVER seen a rat in either of the other Lagoon restaurants. Not so in Paris. Actually, to be completely honest, Iíve never seen such an unbelievable quantity of rats in ANY restaurant (and Iíve been to third world countries) But the photos kind of speak for themselves. Despite literally TABLES of guests jumped to their feet in terror as these little guys scurried past their feet, in their brazen (and fearless) search for food. Personally, I think rodents are kind of cute. They certainly didnít scare me, but it didnít make my meal feel too appetizing primarily because, not only did the CMs not do anything about it, but actually laughed at the guestís reactions. No apologies, and no refund on the meal that I really didnít care to eat. Yet STILL, despite the weirdness, Iíd recommend at least walking through the restaurant to see how cool it is. Just uh, Iím not too sure Iíd eat that food.

Here's the URL:

http://web.mac.com/okwhatev/iWeb

• Hitchhiker

Re: Disneyland Paris Resort TR Part One 1/2: Blue Lagoon RAT Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by kayoss
    However, they seem to have a bit of a rat problem. Real rats. Not Audio Animatronics.
    Are you refering to this little fellow?

To my knowledge that little fellow is a MOUSE. I suppose you agree that most of us go to Disneyland to see the Mouse.. :-D And didn't "it all start from a mouse"?

Well, ok, enough of bad jokes. I does say something about a restaurant if there's pests running around.

• Diamond In The Rough

Not to cast aspersions, but what are we looking at in those photos?
    The floor? The only thing I can see is in the last photo - and that's a mouse, surely.
    Not ideal in a restaurant, true, but not the Great-Plague-carrying wave of Rizzo and friends I thought I'd see.
    Anyone more qualified in rodent-studies like to weigh in?

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Yes, there were mice too. And rats. Perhaps I should've made the pics more high-res, as they're hard to make out in the dark restaraunt. You can spot them in the pics from the glowing eyes..... usually little dots. And they're not in every single photo. But more then half. As I said, I like rats and mice.... just not near my food.

• JML

Well, you should come to New York and eat on Restaurant Row...

I must admit that I am surprise though because I went there several times without seing anything. God, that sucks! It is/was my favorite Disney restaurant!
    Jeanmi

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Yeah I'd probably have an issue if I saw mice or rats where I was eating.

• Rock The World

I'm used to seeing mice in Adventureland, although I'm still shocked to see them in the Blue Lagoon. I love that restaurant, and I'm quite traumatised at the thought of the CMs not doing a better job in the face of such an obvious problem.
    Nevertheless, the mice and rats pale into insignificance in the face of the true infestation that threatens Adventureland on a daily basis - the hedgehog army! They lie in wait in the bamboo forest surrounding the land, shuffling out to conquer the walkways when all the guests have gone home. I'm being serious - there are HUNDREDS of the creatures!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker
    I'm used to seeing mice in Adventureland, although I'm still shocked to see them in the Blue Lagoon. I love that restaurant, and I'm quite traumatised at the thought of the CMs not doing a better job in the face of such an obvious problem.
    Nevertheless, the mice and rats pale into insignificance in the face of the true infestation that threatens Adventureland on a daily basis - the hedgehog army! They lie in wait in the bamboo forest surrounding the land, shuffling out to conquer the walkways when all the guests have gone home. I'm being serious - there are HUNDREDS of the creatures!
    Really? Any photos?

• Former Epcot CM

Any Part 2 coming soon? You say it will show DLP in all its glory, which is always good cos it really is a special park.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    Any Part 2 coming soon? You say it will show DLP in all its glory, which is always good cos it really is a special park.
    Believe it or not, it's still coming. I've been in production and have not had a second of free time. I did manage to sneak a couple more galleries online...

http://web.mac.com/okwhatev

Hope to have it all up (with a trip report) in the next several weeks.