• ...or just Tonny

DLP Construction costs

Hi,

Does anyone know what the total price was that was paid for the construction of DLP (park, village, hotels etc.)?

Thanks,
    Tonny
    Ad luna in flamma gloria

• Banned User

Re: DLP Construction costs

I read in Disney War it was around 4 billion dollars.

• Closed Account

I think the WHOLE resort cost 3Billion but the MK itself cost 2 BILLION. Correct me if im wrong.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

That sounds high.
    Maybe adjusted for inflation...but sounds high.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    That sounds high.
    Maybe adjusted for inflation...but sounds high.
    No, I think it was genuinely high. Although they are turning an annual profit, it seems that according to some sources, they are still US$2 billion in debt. According to Wikipedia: "...the park is still about US$2 billion in debt. Disneyland Resort Paris has plans to expand over the next few years with addition of several new rides: Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast will open at Disneyland Park in April 2006; a new land, Toon Studios, will open at Walt Disney Studios Park in 2007; and finally The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror will open at Walt Disney Studios Park in late 2007 / early 2008."

This is why I was arguing over in the HK forum that the high cost of Paris, and the running debt, led partly to a reluctance to spend too much money.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• wasting time

I think the total cost for the resort (including EuroDisneyland, Festival Disney, the 6 Hotels, Golf Euro Disney, the campgrounds, , etc) was $4.8 billion. A similar dollar figure was printed in the Disney War book a year or so ago.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Now is this figure only what Disney paid or what everybody paid? I would assume it would be for everything. Infrastructure, high speed rail lines, dirt, compensation for the farmers, fees for establishing EuroDisney SA and EuroDisney SCA, etc and etc.

• JML

Actually, Disney paid very little if nothing. In fact, this is the reason why the debt is so huge because they financed almost everything with loans from a large variety of banks (which explains tons of things).

Also, the lands were bought by the French government from the farmers and offered to Disney for a certain period of time (which explains why they rush to open the very bad Disney Studios because they were going to loose the rights for the lands). All the trains/subways infrastructures were another gift to the Walt Disney Corporation. France did a lot to make sure that they were going to get Disneyland Paris.
    Jeanmi