Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Rock The World

Re: Concept art for Toon Studios

A further nugget of information for you all – the “Cars” section of the new land will be themed to Route 66 and the American desert. The ride is a basic figure of eight spinner (like in Mermaid Lagoon in Tokyo and Flick’s Fun Fair in DCA), set in an abandoned petrol station. It will be under cover, and each car will accommodate four guests. All this will be set alongside a strip of highway, running from the front of Crush, towards the rear of the new land.
    Oh, and the Flying Carpets look set to receive some extra themeing as well, with the addition of some extra sand dunes around the front section of the ride.

Things are finally looking up for the studios!

• Hitchhiker

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker
    BIG NEWS!!!
    Yahoo! I'm so gald to hear this!! I'd like to see some of the latest concept arts about it.

Wheee..! Awesome info on the Nemo ride. I sooo want to ride that thing!
    Nice that the Cars attraction will have good theming cuz it sure as hell needs it if they want people riding it!
    Soudtracker, is there a possibility that you can post the overhead view?
    - Milo

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Very nice.
    Interesting about the Cars ride...so that's how they'll do it. It seems like an odd flat ride choice but oh well.

• All? NO, ALL!

More Pixar. Why not call it Disney's California Adventure instead of Toon Studios?

• Hitchhiker

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    More Pixar. Why not call it Disney's California Adventure instead of Toon Studios?
    I suppose it's toon studios because Disney doesn't produce cartoon movies anymore, expect cheap dvd & tv shows. Only thing they can be proud of is Pixar studios.
    So, no DCA, but rather Pixar Studioland..

• Rock The World

I know what you guys mean about the Pixar theme - it is almost all pervasive, but we'll still have Flying Carpets flying the flag for Disney Feature Animation. Hardly the best example, but better than nothing. But hey, I'm not going to be negative about any of this! It's really great news, and the plans are just to die for! Our poor little Studios park is finally getting it's big break - an original E-ticket! And a nicely themed little spinner to keep the kids happy.
    I really wish I could share some of the plans with you guys, but I really don't think my source would appreciate it. I've already given away more details than he is comfortable with! I might just be able to give you a few little snippets, here and there. The queue line and loading station look really nice, after all...

• Rock The World

I should point out that although I've seen top-down views of the whole ride (track layout, etc.), I've only seen artistic plans for half of it. By artistic plans, I mean sketches and designs for scenery, effects, etc. As yet, I haven't seen a single artistic plan for the main section of the show building, which will contain the East Australian Current scene, among other things. All I do know is that it starts with a very loooooooong lift, which runs the entire length of the building. The lift will be themed to look like the inside of the ruined submarine, and a certain shark will be putting in an appearance. Now remember, fish are friends, not food. But he didn't say anything about humans...

One other major detail, which I forgot to point out in my last post, is that the ride is definitely a moderated spinning mouse system. Each turtle vehicle seats four people, back to back. The turtle won't be spinning constantly, which means that 50% of the guests will go through certain sections of the ride backwards. As a result, all the special effects (such as projections of Nemo and friends, and the large animatronic angler fish) are going to be doubled up. One effect will be placed in the line of sight of those guests facing forwards, while an exact copy will be angled for those facing backwards.
    It seems the rumour that guests will be able to spin the turtle themselves (à la teacups) is unfounded. Instead, it will work as an ordinary spinning mouse, with triggers beneath the track turning the guests round at given points.

Oh, one last thing - the track contains a lot of sudden dips and rabbit hops. It seems we could be getting a lot of airtime on this one!

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker
    A further nugget of information for you all – the “Cars” section of the new land will be themed to Route 66 and the American desert. The ride is a basic figure of eight spinner (like in Mermaid Lagoon in Tokyo and Flick’s Fun Fair in DCA)
    You mean the basic figure eight spinner which is very slow loading, small and has a lower rider ship than Dumbo?

I had to bust your bubble, but this is NOT good news.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach
    You mean the basic figure eight spinner which is very slow loading, small and has a lower rider ship than Dumbo?

Not for the French who have even tried to make Dumbo kids only. They seem to like these.

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach

Don't worry, my bubble is well and truly intact. I do appreciate what you're saying though, especially in terms of rider capacity. The "Cars" spinner is composed of only two figure-of-eight plates, each holding six vehicles. The ride was originally supposed to have four plates, but the budget seems to have been cut back. As a compromise, I'm told they doubled the capacity of each vehicle - each car now holds four people, as opposed to two, as was originally planned. So fingers crossed, there shouldn't be any appreciable drop in hourly capacity.
    In terms of the ride itself, I haven't seen the one in California, apart from a few photos here and there. I must admit, it didn't look too impressive. The one in Tokyo DisneySea was pretty cool though - it was only a small, simple ride but it was nicely decorated, and seemed to have quite a bit of speed to it.
    On balance, I don't think the "Cars" ride is bad news at all. I think it will do the job it was designed for - providing a nice simple ride aimed at young children, but that whole families can experience together. If the themeing is as well executed as it appears on the schematics, it should add some much needed colour, atmosphere and movement to the park.
    And even if it sucks, there's an original E-ticket right next door!

Hi everyone, et salut Soundtracker!
    Concerning the photo that features in this thread, I can confirm that the Nemo part of the attraction WILL be built on the Car Park.
    At present, we have notices up in backstage, at the Imaginations building, informing us of the closure of the Car Park as of the 28/08/05 until the opening of the attraction.
    This closure means that nearly 300 parking spaces will disappear.
    It also means that Cast will have to preview even more time to catch the backstage buses, that "always" run on time....
    As for the design of this new attraction, I have yet to see it, as the links do not work.
    Could you post it onto the site?

All the best,

Question Re: Concept art for Toon Studios

Thanks all for the news!

I was wondering if the concept plans revelealed the surrounding area, I mean, will we get more greenery, will they buff up Animation Courtyard with the paintbrushes, palettes, tubes of paint and more, like shown in this concept art?

• Rock The World

Hi Raptor,

I was hoping to answer your questions by posting a section of the overall schematic, but I'm having trouble with Adobe Acrobat at the moment. I'll keep trying.
    Basically, it seems tha the Animation Courtyard is going to receive some extra landscaping, especially in front of the Flying Carpets. The plans don't include any details of what will be appearing on these new features though, so it's too early to tell whether or not we can expect the giant brush and palette. Here's hoping!

I can give it a try if you want me to?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast