Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,594

    Phantom Manor Holiday

    After seeing Jack Skellington and his freinds take over the Haunted Mansion at both Disneyland in California & now Tokyo,I belive it must be time for Disneyland Resort Paris to get its own addition of this hugely popular Holiday re theme.After all Halloween and Christmas are the two most busiest events in the Disneyland calender excluding Summer.

  2. #2

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    192
    It would be a good idea, but even WDW don't have it yet.
    It really depends if the resort feel it will be value for money, they are only interested in spending money where it will bring a rise in attendance.
    I'm not sure the makeover of Phantom Manor would be a big enough draw for tourists. It would also be very seasonal and would not increase numbers throughout the year.

    I personally would prefer the cash to be spent on an new attraction at the Disneyland Paris park that would appeal all year round. Like the new Buzz Lightyear ride we are getting.

    Ian
    "I'm surrounded by idiots"

  3. #3

    • Riding Big Thunder
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    County Durham, England
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian P
    It would be a good idea, but even WDW don't have it yet.
    It really depends if the resort feel it will be value for money, they are only interested in spending money where it will bring a rise in attendance.
    I'm not sure the makeover of Phantom Manor would be a big enough draw for tourists. It would also be very seasonal and would not increase numbers throughout the year.

    I personally would prefer the cash to be spent on an new attraction at the Disneyland Paris park that would appeal all year round. Like the new Buzz Lightyear ride we are getting.

    Ian
    I agree, I don't think that it will be money well spent.
    Walt Disney World Trips: October 95, August 98, October 04

    Disneyland Paris Trips: Too many to name!


  4. #4

    • Unknowing Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    137
    I agree it could be better spent, but it would still be awesome to see!

    Duck!

  5. #5

    • insufferable know-it-all
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Location: Location
    Posts
    9,648
    I'm not sure PM needs it. The "storyline" is much stronger in DLP, much more prevalent than it is here. An overlay in California is easy because the original storyline isn't so readily apparent. I think it would be tougher in Paris... they'd have to take out all the ghost host and bride figures to have a chance. It's one thing to remove one or two AA's. I think when the number gets to 6 or 8 that you have issues. Besides, PM is far scarier than HM, I'm not so sure a "happy" overlay like NBC would work.

    Then again, the Halloweentown stuff would fit pretty well, wouldn't it? (Suddenly getting a disturbing image of the dilapidated, half-rotted corpse of a ghost host wearing an elf hat, LOL....)

    Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...



  6. #6

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    I'm not sure PM needs it. The "storyline" is much stronger in DLP, much more prevalent than it is here. An overlay in California is easy because the original storyline isn't so readily apparent. I think it would be tougher in Paris... they'd have to take out all the ghost host and bride figures to have a chance. It's one thing to remove one or two AA's. I think when the number gets to 6 or 8 that you have issues. Besides, PM is far scarier than HM, I'm not so sure a "happy" overlay like NBC would work.

    Then again, the Halloweentown stuff would fit pretty well, wouldn't it? (Suddenly getting a disturbing image of the dilapidated, half-rotted corpse of a ghost host wearing an elf hat, LOL....)
    I think you mean the Phantom it isn't called the Ghost Host in Paris

    but I think you've got it right

    the storyline is very strong and the Phantom Manor is also a bit darker then any of the other mansions

    it wouldn't match the feel of the Manor at all

    all in all maybe Paris should consider giving something else a holiday layover

  7. #7

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Within 78 miles of WDW...
    Posts
    8,864
    I doubt DLP would have an "overlay" for a seasonal attraction.... they would want an attraction to boost overall year attendence....

    Perhaps WDW can get it instead?? (I was hoping..)

  8. #8

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Middle River, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    1,402

    Re: Phantom Manor Holiday

    Frankly, I think they would probably fare better with the original Haunted Mansion. Not overly fond of Phantom Manor myself, particularly having the Ghost Town instead of the Graveyard Jamboree. The Ghost Town adds absolutely nothing to the PM storyline. It definitely cuts the ride into two disparate halves. Maybe just install the original Graveyard???

    GG

  9. #9

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: Phantom Manor Holiday

    Quote Originally Posted by Malin
    After seeing Jack Skellington and his freinds take over the Haunted Mansion at both Disneyland in California & now Tokyo,I belive it must be time for Disneyland Resort Paris to get its own addition of this hugely popular Holiday re theme.After all Halloween and Christmas are the two most busiest events in the Disneyland calender excluding Summer.
    I think this overlay should be done at WDW since that Mansion is nearly identical to the other two in CA and Tokyo. Doing it in DLP would probably mean some pretty extensive changes to the ride's show elements since Manor is so different in many ways.. I love manor the way it is and for it's erie feel... this is one ride I would not want to see redone for the holidays... Besides, DLP already gets IASW Holidays..

  10. #10

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    front seat on a Roller Coaster !
    Posts
    1,695

    Re: Phantom Manor Holiday

    i think we are like WDW . Pople visiting Disneyland Paris are 70% First Timers and then they will not understand this overlay .
    HKDL : Done !!!

  11. #11

    • hatbox ghost believer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ventura, CA USA
    Posts
    549

    Wink Re: Phantom Manor Holiday

    I haven't been to DLP yet myself (dying to though)!, but if they did do the overlay, they'd probably have to alter it quite a bit, as the design of the original version (at DLR and even at DLT) wouldn't quite fit with the PM format. Cool idea none the less. I still can't believe WDW hasn't participated. From my understanding, it's because of the tourist audience, might not appreciate the gesture.

    Regarsdarama,

    Jon
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com



  12. #12

    • Diamond In The Rough
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Peterborough, United Kingdom
    Posts
    610

    Re: Phantom Manor Holiday

    I agree with most of the posts here - give the overlay to WDW first.
    I think the stronger story elements of PM would make it harder to incorporate another set of characters...


    "I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

  13. #13

    • Internet.Serious Business
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities
    Posts
    4,824

    Re: Phantom Manor Holiday

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaJay18
    I- give the overlay to WDW first.
    Ha ha No thanks.

    I can't see it mixing with Phantom Manor...something about hanging wreaths and garlands off the dead men in the catacombs seems to clash.

  14. #14

    • e komo mai
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    4,362

    Re: Phantom Manor Holiday

    You know, I would say that PM doesn't need it because of the story. But I'm not sure about the story. I mean, she dies and goes to a ghost town? I don't get it.
    Also, how would they incorporate the current storyline into a Nightmare make over? The Western theme doesn't seem to match Nightmare's story...

  15. #15

    • Diamond In The Rough
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Peterborough, United Kingdom
    Posts
    610

    Re: Phantom Manor Holiday

    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    But I'm not sure about the story. I mean, she dies and goes to a ghost town? I don't get it.
    I'm no expert (or french speaker), but I believe the story is something like this -
    Bride is all set to marry the man of her dreams. Her father (who owns the whole of Thunder Mesa - Frontierland) disapproves of the bridegroom.
    The body hanging from the ceiling in the stretching room is supposedly the bridegroom and the father may or may not have had something to do with his death. The bride gets ready for the wedding and waits and waits for the man to turn up. The Phantom figure that appears through out the ride is a manifestation of her father's guilt (or something) The father despaired at his daughter's pain and let the whole town fall into ruin.

    At least, that's my interpretation - I'll check in the "From Sketch To Reality" book to see if there's a different official story...


    "I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Phantom Manor
    By Linz in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-02-2007, 02:51 PM
  2. Phantom Manor
    By Scorchio in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-04-2007, 01:26 AM
  3. Phantom Manor Holiday good idea or not ?
    By DLRP_bopazot in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-28-2006, 11:41 PM
  4. Phantom Manor
    By Kraken in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 08-15-2006, 02:22 AM
  5. Phantom of the Manor
    By GhostHostJeff in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 06:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •