• hang on to your hats &...

Talking ahh fond memories

Disneyland Paris was sooooo fun to visit! I would go back in a heartbeat. I took a group of 21 music students with me to the park so that they could hear the music in preparation for their recital and they loved it. We stayed in the Sequoia Lodge...($$$$) but it was very nice. (very realistic too, I woke up with spider webs in my hair the next morning...shouldn't have slept with the window open...LOL)
    I will post the pictures I have stored somewhere in my computer - meanwhile, I just wanted to say "Hello" to everyone out there on MiceChat!
    -Grant

• Rock The World

Re: ahh fond memories

Hi there nakturne, good to have you with us! Thanks for sharing your brush with nature! lol. I envy you staying in the Sequoia - very nice hotel, but I've never had the means to stay there myself.
    So when were you actually at the resort? And which part of the world do you hail from?

Hello there SoundTracker! Thanks for the message! The short story is:
    (deep breath) I lived in Switzerland for two years, worked at a small private boarding school in the Alps as the director of the piano department where I taught group piano and coached private piano. I decided to take my students to Paris (just a hop, skip and jump away by train) to Disneyland because they wanted to have an All-Disney piano recital and I wanted them to experience the Disney magic first-hand. Lucky for me, when a teacher voluntarily takes a group of students on a trip, the students all have to chip in for the teacher's room and board. Since all the students at the boarding school were rich, they chose Sequoia Lodge! Anywhoo, this was all in the Spring of 2004. I have since left Switzerland to return to California - my permanent home. (Torrance/Gardena area - 30 minutes North of Disneyland) Phew! And that's how I got to go to Disneyland Paris...now where are those pictures???...hmmm

What a great idea to take students to Disneyland
    Why didn't my teachers do that?!
    - Milo

• Rock The World

I was lucky, and got a couple of school trips to the resort shortly after it opened. Luckily, I didn't have to contribute towards my teacher's accommodation! lol!
    Seriously, nakturne, it's great that your pupils all chipped in like that. It must have really contributed to the atmosphere amongst the group.

So you're back in CA? How is Disneyland doing? It looks to be going great guns following the 50th anniversary bash. I'd love to see the place one day. I've blitzed Orlando, and even dipped into Tokyo. So LA is next in my sights.

I can't wait to see your photos, by the way!

• Former Epcot CM

My first visit to DLP was with school. I'm extremely annoyed I can't remember most of it.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Empress of Randomness

Im going to Disneyland Paris in the last week of May with my school...its great for the teachers, they go for free, but its not fair on us, the students!!!

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

• Plastic Monkey

was...paid....for...you

wow, lucky

all we got at uni was futureoscope and nearly got arrested for disturbing the peace, (not my fault,) and a lecturer passed out drunk under our beds.

ps PICTURES!!!!

pps if anyones got opening year pictures it would be good to see some, i was there opening year and went on one ride in the entire day (pinocchio) and the camera bust, everything got over exposed.

Wow! So many folks with such great memories! WE should all get together and go again someday. Indeed I was very lucky. It was a school policy that required students to pay for the host-teacher's accomodations because the host-teacher does not get paid to take the students on a trip. I thought it was a great exchange...besides, I spent time with the students because I wanted to, not because I had to.
    And, Disneyland CA is doing great! Pirates is closed for renovation, and I heard that Haunted Mansion is better than ever after their long-haul refurbishment! I'll be going in a week to both California Adventure and Disneyland park during my spring break. I'll try to take lots of pics.