Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• ToT Fan

TDS ride at the studios!

Was checking out screamscape today, and saw a new rumor about the studios next big e-ticket AFTER tot.

A clone of Journey sounds great to me what do you guys think.

And lets please not just turn this into a bash screamscape thread, they have gotten some things right before

Re: TDS ride at the studios!

I still want a darkride in WDS . And I don't consider Crush's Turtle Twister to be one.
    Although CTT is going to be so sweet!

I would also welcome a Philharmagic! I know, no big thrilling E-ticket rides, but small wishes can come true. Any more (wild) suggestions/dreams ?
    - Milo

• Plastic Monkey

there have been roumors of a journey/indy ride/jungle crusiey jeep thingy for years in the vacant plot of land next to the temple (where the jeep is parked in the field that you can see from the train)
    in the studios.... i dunno space and themeing would be an issue, maybe,

however IF true (big if) yay!
    We Play Rock and Roll

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by milo_vhw
    I still want a darkride in WDS . And I don't consider Crush's Turtle Twister to be one.
    Although CTT is going to be so sweet!

I would also welcome a Philharmagic! I know, no big thrilling E-ticket rides, but small wishes can come true. Any more (wild) suggestions/dreams ?
    What happened to lessening the clones?? I thought WDS needed original rides too?

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I too would like to see a dark ride but on the scale of Pirates or the Mansion.Journey to the centre of the earth while no doubt a fantastic ride is also a thrill ride for the most part.We already have Rock N Roller Coaster and soon to open the Tower of Terror so I want to see something more in line for the family.If we using Jules Verne themes here from Disney Sea's why not build 20,000 Leagues under the sea ?

I strongly believe what ever free money Euro Disney have left from its restructuring plan should be spent on adding more to the sudios like entertainment based attractions and shows and adding new theming to the parks like at DCA.Instead of just spending it all on one new thrill ride,unless of course Tower of Terror is a massive hit!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Well I think Lance's reasoning was right, looking at what ToT did to MGM and what Everest seems to be doing for AK a big E-Ticket can add draw to the park. And if ToT works, they might find it worth it to keep the momentum going. But still, some other types of rides might be nice.

• Disney Prince

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    What happened to lessening the clones?? I thought WDS needed original rides too?

cloning is not an issue if the two attractions are in separate continents. besides, look at how successful Soarin' is.

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    We certainly do! But as said, cloning is not really an issue. With the Toon Studio's coming up we'll get a Nemo-coaster (original) and a Cars attraction (only semi-clone). Also I really don't mind that ToT's are popping up everywhere, since DCA's ToT was actually designed for WDS.
    WDS has original things to offer like Cinemagique, Animagique, Armageddon and we got the stuntshow first. But the cloned attractions is not what's bothering me about this park. It's the LACK of attractions! There is just not so much to do. So if they add attractions like Philharmagic, fine with me. I don't immediately see it as a clone, I see it as a good reason to stay in the park a little longer . When WDS has enough rides to be considered a full Disney park, then I'll be pissed off if they only add clones! I'm not saying it's ok if they only add clones for now, sure original rides (might) be better!
    Enough said for now...

</IMG></IMG>
    - Milo

I think that rumours run too early concerning a new ride for the studios. I have heard that Euro Disney management waits until the Tower opens in late 2007 to see how attendance changes after adding 3 attractions.

At the moment most critics about the studios are that there are no rides and too many shows (2*500 seats theatre and 1*3000 seats theatre), which means I do not believe that Philharmagic or another theatre style thing will come to the Walt Disney Studios in the near future.

People want rides at the moment.
    * "Cars" and "Nemo" will create the needed Fantasyland section which will have less rides then "bug's land" in DCA, but will be much better and more family oriented.
    * "Tower of Terror" is supposed to draw in attendance and we will see. I loved the tower in California and Europeans do not know such an attraction from other parks which means it will get the WOW effect and word of mouth will be great.

MY CONCLUSION
    if the Studios work well after adding these attraction the rest of the money from the restructering plan will be spent in Disneyland Parks - otherwise the studios will get another attraction - maybe "Journey to the Centre of the Earth".

Space Mountain Mission 2 - 9 millions
    Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast 30 millions (Euro Disney confirmed 39 millions)
    Cars and Nemo - 70 millions (not confirmed)
    Tower of Terror - 70 millions (not confirmed)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    SUBTOTAL - 179 millions
    possible new attraction 61 millions
    TOTAL - 240 millions spent by 2009

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I think ToT was higher...we had some discussion on here a while ago through basic costs and things like labor it was coming out to be the most Expensive ToT ever, something like $140 US Millions.

• Banned User

I personally do not see a TDS ride buing built at DLRP at all. And it is was, I'd bet it would be hugely downsized to meet the restrictive budgets at that resort.

• Plastic Monkey

could the 'e' be something more along the lines of pooh or something?
    We Play Rock and Roll

• Rock The World

I visited Screamscape yesterday as well, and was quite surprised by the rumour, as it's not one I've heard before. Personally, I think if we were to get one of DisneySea's Jules Verne rides (which, let's face it, would be great news) it would be better suited to Discoveryland than the Studios. Rip up Autopia and replace it with 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, is what I say!

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    I think ToT was higher...we had some discussion on here a while ago through basic costs and things like labor it was coming out to be the most Expensive ToT ever, something like $140 US Millions.
    I don't know who you heard that from, but that is completely false. It's by far the cheapest TOT constructed. For instance, it's the only one made out of concrete instead of steel. $140 is around the cost of the Tokyo version, but I've heard figures as high as $185 and as low as $120 for that one. Considering the detail work just from the outside, I'd wager that Tokyo's cost somewhere near the higher end of the cost spectrum.

Paris' TOT on the other hand, is really just DCA's. Exactly. Except built with concrete.

and let me just say there's NO WAY that Paris is going to build Journey which has a price tag of easily $250 million in today's money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast