Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phantom Manor

• Banned User

Phantom Manor

Hey, I'm just curious to people who have been on it...how is it? Do you think it has a better storyline and music? Thanks!

• The Twilight Zone

Re: Phantom Manor

i havent but i really badly want to go on it i may be going to paris over the asummer so hopfully i get to go

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I've posted about this somewhere but cant find it. So, again, IMHO, it's weird. Its way more of a "darker" ride than any of the other HM's out there. And by darker I dont mean less light, I mean a bit more macabre. But what really got me confused was going into the graveyard scene. All of a sudden you went "underground" like you were buried, so you saw what things were like under the surface, then POOF you were in an old west Ghost Town. That part had me shaking my head going "what the.....".

But it is a great attraction none the less. Dont remember the music much but I do think it's different than the other HM's.

• is satisfactual.

The music is very different. In the HM, all the music "makes sense" in the way that you only hear an organ when there's actually a physical organ etc., whereas PM simply assumes you accept the soundtrack, as we do in a movie.

I'm no expert on this subject, and there are many who are, but I know it generally tries to be a lot more cinematic than the HMs and slightly less whimsical.

• Plastic Monkey

by far its the best,

i think the biggest difference is its placement within the park whereas dl, dt, wdw all are 999 happy haunts, a ghost rest home, phantom manors original point was the abandoned mansion built during the goldrush by a rich young man. there was already a backstory and a storyline to the mansion, as supposed to a collection of images, and creepy skits whose storyline has over the years been written and evolved, through park upgrades, and people looking into it to see what they want to see.

the score is different and richer, but comes into its element with the jazz version of grim grinning ghosts, as much as i like boom chikka boom, this sounds better.

and as to the graveyard/western town bit, i think the intention was like the graveyard in the original, the dead rise and repopulate the town.

the bit with the crystals thats the bit that confuses me, always saw it as the tunnel of light, but what has quartz got to do with it.
    We Play Rock and Roll

• Empress of Randomness

I think that Phantom Manor is brilliant, The music is good but the best thing about it is that the queue moves really quickly...i dont think ive ever been waiting longer than 25 minutes to get in...

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

i remember i've waited 45min during a Halloween night when the park was overcrowded and the queue line was under the fog and you had some zombies before loading and after the unload platform.
    HKDL : Done !!!

• insufferable know-it-all

MUCH creepier than the DL version. The wild west scene is a bit jarring, but otherwise an extremely well put together attraction. The storyline develops well as you go along, with the ghost host and bride getting more and more decrepit as the attraction moves you along.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Plastic Monkey

i just wish they would sell the attraction poster for it. its annoyed me since i was 10 and im 24!

such good artwork
    We Play Rock and Roll

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    But what really got me confused was going into the graveyard scene. All of a sudden you went "underground" like you were buried, so you saw what things were like under the surface, then POOF you were in an old west Ghost Town. That part had me shaking my head going "what the.....".
    The story is supposed to be that the Phantom has dug a pit ( a grave) and you fall in it into the underworld. The skeletons are in the catacombs and the western town is supposed to be an old greed-run town damned forever (everyone in it is supposed to be dead). Some things I've read say you were supposed to have died youself in the fall into the grave, some others say "no".

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots
    The music is very different. In the HM, all the music "makes sense" in the way that you only hear an organ when there's actually a physical organ etc., whereas PM simply assumes you accept the soundtrack, as we do in a movie.
    That is a great observation on the music.

<-- Must play the PM soundtrack now.

That's a picture from April 2nd 2006 .

HKDL : Done !!!

• Banned User

Thanks for all the information! You guys are awesome!

• Minion

Blog Entries

if you look hard enough you can find a whole video of the ride online, i've watched it and it's pretty good, i'll check on doom buggies and edit this if i find the link...

http://p080.ezboard.com/fdisneyshaun...cID=6088.topic

theres one, it's not the one i watched so i don't know the quality

I love the Paris soundtrack, the Western Town is very psychadelic, I always liked that part a lot, the Crystal part is strange to me as well, it looks like a filler 'we spent it all so the last minute is filled up with this'.

• Plastic Monkey

the one thing that always got me, i was there opening year and bought one of the guide books, and one of the reeeeaaaalllllly long pencils
    it took me about three years to realise the photos werent from paris, as the old bride was shown along with the hitchikers, neither there!
    We Play Rock and Roll

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast