Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)

Exclamation Biker's

How about a biking ride kind of like Universal Studios ET, but instead it's the sites of the Tour de France? They could be racing (or hearing) Lance Armstrong.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Banned User

I would expand it by tearing WDS down.
    Instant money saver right there.

I would plan a MAJOR expansion of WDW Studios to double or triple the size. Have we forgotten that DMGM was envisioned as a 1/2 day park and then expanded to meet guest demand? Granted the Paris issue isn't an issue of demand, but lack of it.

David H
    The sonic boom you just heard was from this email being sent
    http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion
    We know Euro Disney is planning to expand their resort in Marne La Vallee, France by adding the following attractions:
    =============================================
    Parc Disneyland :
    Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast
    Space Mountain: Mission 2

Parc Walt Disney Studios :
    Toon Studios
    Tower Of Terror

Disney Village :
    IMAX Theater
    =============================================

Now, here's my question:

If you were the CEO of Euro Disney & had a budget of € 1 billion, what would you build to expand the resort ?

What about something where Stich sets out to conquer Europe and Graffitt the greatest works of art? (...one is a genius, the other is insane...) A bit of poking fun at the French's hatred for things Western.

David H

Quote Originally Posted by Malin
    Disneyland Park:

Splash Mountain and Tokyo version of Winnie the Pooh attraction to form the new land Critter Coral.

Adding to the Jules Verne Theme,I would add 20,000 Leagues under the Sea and Journey to the Centre of the Earth as part of my Discoveryland expansion which I call Mysterious Island.

I tear that Indy coaster down and build the proper Indiana Jones attraction that can be found at Disneyland in Califonia and Tokyo Disney Seas.

Mickey's Toon Town with new dark ride and family coaster.

Walt Disney Studios:

Fantasmic to give guest something to stay late for.

Mickey's Philarmagic to replace Animagique

Muppet Studios

E ticket attraction based on Stitch

But why go with ANOTHER Tower of Terror? Why not an all new Star Wars-based ride that makes the guest a part of the Emporer's security detail and sends them on a chase through Couruscant via a jet pack - think Soarin' - only to have the rebels get away to fight later?

David H

Quote Originally Posted by euro disney stefan
    Disneyland Park:
    I would go for "The Little Mermaid" - "Winnie the Pooh" - "Splash Mountain" a little rethemed due to the water effect which would be inpossible in the winter season (I thought about an ice effect during the cold winter season).

Walt Disney Studios:
    This is very difficult - I think like Ian and believe that the park need atmosphere - change it from parking to park. I think that the Tower of Terror will become something like a castle for the studios. I would replace directly the loading station of "Studio Tram Tour" and give the buildings a little Hollywood Boulevard style. which means that street sets would be found beyond todays loading station. The tour itself should be redone - Catastrophe Canyon is cool, but that's it and the attraction is really lame.

My dream attractions for the Studios would be

Santa Claus"e" - the ride. First you board Santa's Sleigh and travel through some scenes where elves are preparing all the christmas presents - at the end you reach the stable of the reindeers and afterwards you take off and your sleigh becomes a little faster - it turns into a kind of indoor rollercoaster through the night with snow flakes flying around and at the end you land on a houseroof and exit by a winter set and a Santa's shop.

Mary Poppins is one of my other favorite attractions - Get on a horse and travel through Mary's dreamland.

There is still some other stuff I have in mind - I will tell you later

How about a Chia-pet Mona Lisa with Mickey Mouse ears for sell at a Merch chart?

David H

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    How about Disney's Paris Adventure!

They can build an Eiffel Tower replica and run the monorail through it. And have a mock French winery with film about making French wines. And a film called, "Parisian Dreams" that highlights why people come to France - for the wine and Eiffel Tower! And don't forget a facade of the Louvre (only a facade, so people can imagine what's inside), and put an ODV cart outside that sells glowing replicas of the Mona Lisa and Eiffel Tower light chasers! Throw in a few perfume shops and French fry stalls, and voila!!!! It'll be a popular masterpiece for sure!

While I like the Muppet ideas, ("What a great film, too bad they had to ruin it by putting a PIG in it?", "Hey, look at that great Goofy mask! That's not a mask. Oh, sorry lady", "I'm leaving, Forever. Great, could you get me a sandwich while you're out - FOREVER!", "Gonzo, we don't have a phone. Oh, I'll just run out and get one.", "Hey, who are you? Max, Dorothy was sick so the union sent me.", "Would you please STOP this nonsence? Ok - What nonsense would you like?")* the question at hand though is the degree to which the Muppets are known in Europe. I don't know if Sesame Street has foreign versions, but I just don't see the Muppets as having the recognition factor in Europe as they do in the states. Granted, there doesn't seem to be too much of them around, although I do believe that Muppet Wizzard of Oz is in production. Now of course, I could be completely wrong and the Muppets could be big in Europe given how European tastes do differ.

*Just chasing Bean for a bit.
    And for the record, I had some guests ask me to shut up because we were ruining the attraction for them. We basically had turned it into a Rocky Horror Picture Show-type of viewing.

David H

David H

And for those of you who prefer Swedish (as in the Swedish Chef)...

Vheele-a I leeke-a zee Mooppet idees, ("Vhet a greet feelm, tuu bed zeey hed tu rooeen it by pootteeng a PIG in it?", "Hey, luuk et thet greet Guuffy mesk! Thet's nut a mesk. Ooh, surry ledy", "I'm leefeeng, Furefer. Greet, cuoold yuoo get me-a a sundveech vheele-a yuoo're-a oooot - FOREFER!", "Gunzu, ve-a dun't hefe-a a phune-a. Ooh, I'll joost roon oooot und get oone-a.", "Hey, vhu ere-a yuoo? Mex, Duruthy ves seeck su zee uneeun sent me-a.", "Vuoold yuoo pleese-a STOP thees nunsence-a? Ook - Vhet nunsense-a vuoold yuoo leeke-a?")* zee qooesshun et hund thuoogh is zee degree-a tu vheech zee Mooppets ere-a knoon in Ioorupe-a. I dun't knoo iff Seseme-a Street hes fureeegn ferseeuns, boot I joost dun't see-a zee Mooppets es hefeeng zee recugneeshun fectur in Ioorupe-a es zeey du in zee stetes. Grunted, zeere-a duesn't seem tu be-a tuu mooch ooff zeem eruoond, elthuoogh I du beleeefe-a thet Mooppet Veezzerd ooff Ooz is in prudoocshun. Noo ooff cuoorse-a, I cuoold be-a cumpletely vrung und zee Mooppets cuoold be-a beeg in Ioorupe-a geefee hoo Ioorupeun testes du deeffffer.

*Joost cheseeng Beun fur a beet.
    Und fur zee recurd, I hed sume-a gooests esk me-a tu shoot up becoose-a ve-a vere-a rooeening zee ettrecshun fur zeem. Ve-a beseecelly hed toorned it intu a Rucky Hurrur Peectoore-a Shoo-type-a ooff feeooing.
    Bork Bork Bork!

(Translation courtesy of http://www.twinpines.nl/chef/English/)

David H
    The sonic boom you just heard was this message being sent.

P.S. I ran across this little fact when I looked up the Chef in the Wikipedia:
    "The Chef's gibberish has been given a life of its own, with "Swedish Chef" translators on several websites such as Google, and in 2003 Opera Software published a special "Bork" version of its internet browser which turned the MSN website into "Swedish.""

Personally, I think the muppets wouldn't work in Paris. Why? I don't really believe that the French are too familiar with the muppets as we are. Therefor, no point of putting in the muppets if the French don't even know who they are.

Here are my ideas:

Disneyland Park:

Bring the long neglected Beauty and the Beast Animatronic show to Fantaseyland

Put in a Jungle Cruise in the moats around Adventure Island.

Add a different version of the Indiana Jones adventure next to the coaster. Rename the Temple of Peril to "Excavator."

If you're gonna add Buzz, I think they should put him in the Buzz Lightyear resturaunt. Put something else in the place of the Visionarium.

Add a Disney Qwest type attraction into the place of the Autopia, but make it themed to Jules Vern's science lab and he's inviting everyone to play around with his latest inventions.

Replace HISTA with something. I can't think of anything in particular right now. Philarmagic won't work because it does not fit the theme of Discoveryland.

Walt Disney Studios:

Add tons of more detail to the area. Put a Great Movie ride in the place of the Backlot Tour station.

Replace Animagique with Philarmagic.

Add Toon Studios, but as follows:

Tear down the magic carpets of aladdin to shreds.

Make it a completely indoor toon looking production studio.

I like the 3-D show toon court idea. Perhaps it could be a Judge Judy toon parody called "Judge Minnie" and you're cast in the role of the jury.

"Roller Coaster Rabbit" will be out doors. It will be themed to a Toon-like wooden rollercoaster. You're cast as extras to be riding the roller coaster while Roger Rabbit does his act by trying to save Baby Herman from hurting himself on the roller coaster. You'll see animatronics of Roger and Baby Herman doing wacky things as you ride on a thrilling roller coaster. You'll actually be filmed while on the ride, and your chance to shine will be shown intercut with the complete roger rabbit cartoon.

Goofy's Stunt planes: Goofy is looking for people to perform stunts for an upcomming cartoon which involves flying planes. This is your chance to show that you have what it takes to do the stunts. This is a simple kiddie coaster like Barnstormer.

Mickey and Minnie's trailers: Meet Mickey and his friends here! And see all of the decorations in their trailer.

Add ToT at the end of a Sunset BLVD themed area.

Add a new theme to the Armagedon show.

Those are all my ideas!
    Hail Matt Ouimet, the savior of Disneyland!

• Diamond In The Rough

Quote Originally Posted by imagineer boy

"Roller Coaster Rabbit" will be out doors. It will be themed to a Toon-like wooden rollercoaster. You're cast as extras to be riding the roller coaster while Roger Rabbit does his act by trying to save Baby Herman from hurting himself on the roller coaster. You'll see animatronics of Roger and Baby Herman doing wacky things as you ride on a thrilling roller coaster. You'll actually be filmed while on the ride, and your chance to shine will be shown intercut with the complete roger rabbit cartoon.
    It's a great idea, but I believe there's some dispute over the use of Roger Rabbit on Disney property (he's disappeared as a meet n greet in the US, could be different in Europe) It's a shame, 'cos the whole "Toon Studios" theme cries out for a re-creation of the Toon Town seen in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit".

As for the Muppets in Europe - they're certainly well known here in the UK, and surely now Disney has gone to the trouble of purchasing them they should go about raising awareness every way they can i.e. New TV movies, new TV show, Theme park attractions.
    You can already buy the merchandise in any Disney store without there being anything Muppets related on TV anywhere in the world so they must have faith in the brand…

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Oh yeah, I also think that perhaps they should add more to the backlot. Make more actual production studios and extend the backlot tour so you see more stuff.
    Hail Matt Ouimet, the savior of Disneyland!

• Santa Barbara, CA

Walt Disney once told Herb Ryman.."just do something poeple would like." DLP needs Mission Space and TDL Pooh.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12