Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Drunk On Disney

Question What is the best way to book a Disneyland Paris trip?

I am interested in going to Disneyland Paris sometime between 11/2006 and 4/2007.
    I am really only interested in seeing the Disney parks (not the surrounding city.)
    Any suggestions? Orbitz, Expedia? Book directly through Disney? Some kind of American tour group?

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• is satisfactual.

Re: What is the best way to book a Disneyland Paris trip?

I've never had any problems with booking directly through DLRP... Just check out the official website. But are you absolutely sure you want to come all the way to Paris to just see Disneyland? Even if you don't intend on seeing Europe, Paris is an amazing city and only a quick subway ride away... Otherwise it'd be like you went all the way across the Atlantic Ocean but never left America.

• Man O Lantern

Hey Sweetie!

I like that I can call you Sweetie without being either condescending or too familiar.

I would try Orbitz. I found some amazing deals for a September/October trip flying from Portland OR, so it would be even cheaper for you flying from Jersey. I found really cheap airfare and 3-4 star hotels near the park, but not in Paris. We're more interested in staying in Paris and doing a day at Disneyland, so our focus is opposite yours, but I found some great deals, so check it out! I'd also call a travel agent and try some other travel sites (Travel Zoo, Expedia) to make sure you get the best deal though.

Are your dates flexible....it sounds like they are...the more flexible, the cheaper it will be, too!

Have fun planning!

• Former Epcot CM

If you're not bothered about spending a tiny bit more, you get a greater sense of guarantee if you book through Disney. Well I do anyway.
    Plus they always do great offers on Disney hotels. And like above posters have said, Paris is one of the great cities of the world - and only a few miles away. You shouldn't miss this oppurtunity, even if you took a half day there.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Plastic Monkey

booking through disney is expensive and the good neighbour hotels are alot cheaper. that said if youre wanting the new york etc go through disney. its normally more expensive but as speedway says, its all there.

in terms of when, before christmas when the decorations are up but the crowds arnt there is the best way to go (and so is halloween). check rides as well as some of the best may be closed phanton pirates nautilius space etc.

just check school timetables, the big one is the french public school table, and go midweek.

plus im afrian im another vote to see paris, its well worth it, and the train takes 40ish min from the disney station and the route runs throughthe centre of paris. plus the view from the eiffel tower is really worth it. so is the opera house (see THE chandiler, then you realise why it falling would be bad)
    We Play Rock and Roll

• Drunk On Disney

Thanks so much for all the great info. I think y'all definitely pointed me in the right direction.

As for seeing Paris, I am sure it's a fantastic city and I probably would take a look at some of it when I get there.

Still, the reason I want to go there is to see Disneyland so I want to make sure I spend as much time at the park as I possibly can.

<----- not a very cultured person

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Hi Sweetie,

We went to Disneyland Paris in January of this year and we booked through Disney. We got some great deals because of the off season. It was cold though, but we are cheap people, so the money we saved was worth it. We also get to fly for free since my husband is an airline pilot, so I have no recommendations for you concerning flights. I would recommend that you stay on property. We stayed at the Sequoia Lodge at the parks were only a ten minute walk away! We did not plan on visiting Paris since this was just a quick trip and a fact finding mission. We want to try Paris next time. I hope you do, too.

Good luck with your planning. You are going to have a most excellent adventure!

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie
    Thanks so much for all the great info. I think y'all definitely pointed me in the right direction.

As for seeing Paris, I am sure it's a fantastic city and I probably would take a look at some of it when I get there.

Still, the reason I want to go there is to see Disneyland so I want to make sure I spend as much time at the park as I possibly can.

Hey! It's your vacation. You've paid with your money, so you should do what pleases you. All we are trying to say is that it would be good to check out such an amazing place while you were there.

But I must say. I am with you on spending more time at DLP. I'm a Disney guy through and through!
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Drunk On Disney

Originally posted by Speedway:
    But I must say. I am with you on spending more time at DLP. I'm a Disney guy through and through!
    I knew you would understand!

• Plastic Monkey

just found the link, this is the french public school timetable, its not updated for next school year yet, but its something to get an idea of when they are out. the crowds fluctuate alot around the school holidays.
    http://www.education.gouv.fr/prat/ca...calendrier.php
    We Play Rock and Roll

• Circle of Ancients

I am interested in going to Disneyland Paris sometime between 11/2006 and 4/2007.
    I am really only interested in seeing the Disney parks (not the surrounding city.)
    Any suggestions? Orbitz, Expedia? Book directly through Disney? Some kind of American tour group?
    I would definitely try to book the flight through Expedia , Orbitz, or Travelocity or using frequent flier miles! And definitely try to get a non stop flight because they're so much better than having to switch planes. I like British Airways more than American Airlines for going to Europe. And the Charles De Gaulle airport is closer to DLP than the Orly airport!

I saw a lot of good package deals on the Disney website for hotels and tickets, but ended up booking at the Holiday Inn for a much lower price and just bought the tickets right at the gate!

I'm in agreement with the people who are recommending that you try to see the center of Paris too...it is an amazing city...truly beautiful ....and going in the Eiffel Tower and seeing it all lit up at night is awesome!

PS You definitely want to spend more than a day in DLP. That's all we could and it definitely wasn't enough.
    Last edited by Princess Buttercup; 04-14-2006 at 06:27 PM.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I often visit paris in the off season as well. Be careful to avoid a crowded period like Christmas. Can't beat Disneyland Paris when it is uncrowded. It is just amazing. So much love and detail went into this park. I'm jealous. Pack me away in your suitcase - PLEASE!

It can't hurt to check both Expedia and Orbits for both Air and Hotel. I use a site by ITA Software that has given me extraordinary results http://www.itasoftware.com/ (click the looking for airfare link in the upper right).

Since there is a train that runs from the resort directly into Paris, you shouldn't have any trouble staying at the resort and still seeing beautiful, wonderful, romantic Paris. If you want Paris tips, please feel free to ask. I also recommend the Rick Steves Paris travel book. It was extremely helpful on my first two trips.

Good luck! What an exciting trip!!!

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Drunk On Disney

Very cool. Thanks for your help. Of course, now I have to figure out whose advice I will take.

As for seeing Paris (or all of Europe), this isn't going to be a "once in a lifetime" trip. If we have a good time we would go back, probably in the next two years. So, I really am not worried about seeing "everything" I can when I get there.

I went to WDW several times before I saw any of Florida's beaches and other attractions (for example) but I enjoyed that stuff when I got around to it.

Paris is a great city! But I will admit that Disneyland was my main reason for visiting. That is why when we went DLP was our first destination for 3 days stayed at Sequoia Lodge then took the train to Paris for 7 days.

I loved everything in Paris but still wanted to go back to DL by in the end.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Hahaha my kind of person. I want to hit France for that same reason. 2 Disney parks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast