Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantasmic?

Fantasmic?

will DLP ever recieve a version of it?

was looking over some of the pictures of the park and I can't help but think that they might be able to pull of a really impressive version of it if they played their cards right

why was a version of Fantasmic never considered for DLP

especialy since they have issues with fireworks I believe?

• Rock The World

Re: Fantasmic?

The Imagineers were playing around with the idea of adding a new version of Fantasmic! to the Walt Disney Studios when the park was in its first year, but as soon as Disney realised how badly the park was performing, they pulled the plug. But then they pulled the plug on the Tower of Terror for a while as well, so who knows? We may still see it appear one day. Not for a good many years, though.

• DLRP Mental

Also another thing to note is the Disneyland Park plays host to Fantillusion Parade which is basically Fantasmic on wheels along with a new cool soundtrack.

• Former Epcot CM

Yeah, Fantillusion was inspired by Fantasmic, it basically is just an extension of the story. Some consider it an actual spin-off, although that fact isn't publicised by Disney.

I'd rather a full-blown Fantasmic at WDS, or even better - the Rivers of the Far West. But studying the Disneyland map, there just isn't suitable room to perform the show.
    Shiny and New

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California

July 2012 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Fantillusion! was originally created for TDL as their version of Fantasmic! since their River of the West did not leave room for such a production to take place, they decided to put it on wheels. It acctually has the same plot..... Mickeys Imagination..... Villians take over...... Princes and Princesses save the day. Good vs. Evil.

When the parade was sent to DLP they cut a large number of floats due to damage during shipping from Tokyo to Paris but also Tokyo has a different type of Parade route than DLP therefore there was not the room to hold the entire parade.

I also heard somewhere that some of the floats were cut because they would experience more than normal wear and tear due to DLP Main Street's ..... uhm street being paved with bricks as opposed to asphalt.
    " And we can dream our dreams forever, dream our dreams together, we open our hearts make a wish on a star in the sky..."
    Light Magic 1997-1997

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Fantasmic would be a great edition for the WDS but I think it all depends right now on how well the new additions of Toon Studios and TOT do first,before anything else is green lighted.But a show like Fantasmic is ideal for the WDS as it has the draw to keep people inside the park until clossing.The only problem I have with this is that would there make Fantasmic seasonal only or extend the parks hours.I've visited the Resort in Sept when Disneyland closes at 8.00 PM and the sky is still light,obviously it would be no issue come Nov time but I still see it being a issue to begin with.

The other interesting topic of conversation here is do you keep to the original format or mix it up a little.

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by WaltsFavorite02
    Fantillusion! was originally created for TDL as their version of Fantasmic! since their River of the West did not leave room for such a production to take place, they decided to put it on wheels. It acctually has the same plot..... Mickeys Imagination..... Villians take over...... Princes and Princesses save the day. Good vs. Evil.

When the parade was sent to DLP they cut a large number of floats due to damage during shipping from Tokyo to Paris but also Tokyo has a different type of Parade route than DLP therefore there was not the room to hold the entire parade.

I also heard somewhere that some of the floats were cut because they would experience more than normal wear and tear due to DLP Main Street's ..... uhm street being paved with bricks as opposed to asphalt.
    Erm actually the main reason was Euro Disney's cheapness. Costs had, and still have to be kept to a minimum - completely understandable from a business point of view. Its only us Disney geeks who notice missing floats, your average DLP visitor couldn't care less.
    Shiny and New

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California

July 2012 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

I understand business and the money side of this as well and that is always inherintly included when referring to why parades etc were cut down. I was giving the reasons many people may not know about and creative reasons....
    " And we can dream our dreams forever, dream our dreams together, we open our hearts make a wish on a star in the sky..."
    Light Magic 1997-1997

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

i would love to see A video of the parade....

• Banned User

Well, maybe DLP can get our Fantasmic seeing as there is a possible Fantasmic! 2 coming over here. But thats only if room allows, or they could just improve the props, but i think DLP needs one imo.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183
    Well, maybe DLP can get our Fantasmic seeing as there is a possible Fantasmic! 2 coming over here. But thats only if room allows, or they could just improve the props, but i think DLP needs one imo.
    That's just what a struggling park needs, a decade plus old show that is considered old in its original park.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183
    I don't see how

most of the pieces of Fantasmic in DL are made up of preexisting elements

and even the non preexisting elements are pretty tied in with the areas and sets that are already present in the park

DLP does have good fantasmic potential though

I didn't know they thought of it for the studios

I'm not sure how well that'd work there because I mean then it wouldn't be any better then what MGM studios has and with DLP's money it probably come off even worse

if there were some way they could use their riverboat and other elements to create it that'd be prime (then again BTMRR being on that island does pose a bit of a problem and might reduce a fantasmic in that area into a Water parade of sorts)

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    That's just what a struggling park needs, a decade plus old show that is considered old in its original park.
    eh not as bad as the Electrical Parade

honestly fantasmic in DL is still drawing crowds every night and has to do two showings

I'm almost afraid of the desaster that might occur if a Fantasmic 2 is created and turns out to be successfull

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Does anybody see Fantasmic! 2 in the near future? I don't think Disney is at all worried about it right now, btu I could be wrong. So by the time it would be replaced it isn't the best thing for DLP.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    Does anybody see Fantasmic! 2 in the near future? I don't think Disney is at all worried about it right now, btu I could be wrong. So by the time it would be replaced it isn't the best thing for DLP.
    No. Disney doesn't want to invest!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast