Tram Tour: Journey to the center of the earth!

All the rumours about the 'Journey to the Center of the Earth'-attraction from TDS coming to the Studios Paris were not all that realistic , I found one that might actually come true.
    Since the Studio Tram Tour will be closed for major rehab when the Tower of Terror opens. It is said that new scenes will be added and here on MiceChat a possible new route was mentioned as well. Rumours say that the additions could include a Journey to the Center of the Earth scene, as once proposed for the Backlot Tour at Disney-MGM Studios.

Jim Hill wrote an article on his website several years ago about the Disney-MGM Studios addition with nice concept art/-models:

"The plot was that - as part of your tram tour - you would roll up to a brand new soundstage. Where your guide would then tell you that your tram was about to roll onto a hot set. Which would seem particularly ironic - given that the first thing that you'd feel as your tram rolled into this cavernous building was a blast of cold air.

Mind you, the reason that you'd be feeling that extreme cold was - as your tram entered the building - you'd be rolling through a corridor that was loaded with enormous ice crystals...

As your tram continued to move deeper into the soundstage things would literally begin to heat up as your tram reached the center of the Earth. Where the remains of Atlantis seemed to float on a lake on liquid lava.

Which admittedly would be pretty cool to look at. If it weren't for that massive magma worm that suddenly rose out of the pool in front of us. Which now begins to snap viciously at all those guests on the tram.

Before that massive magma worm can actually put the chomp on us and crush our tram in its coils, our guide gets us safely out of the building. Which allows us to proceed with the rest of our tour."

- Milo

• Diamond In The Rough

Re: Tram Tour: Journey to the center of the earth!

I doubt we'll see this fully realised, But I hope they do something major to the Tram Tour during it's down time - the props and Dinotopia sections are incredibly lame at the moment. My favorite part is the "Reign of Fire" set. What are the chances of them putting an actual dragon AA in there?

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Quote Originally Posted by PeaJay18
    My favorite part is the "Reign of Fire" set. What are the chances of them putting an actual dragon AA in there?
    Well since the Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour in Tokyo is closing down, maybe they can ship the AA dragon to Paris
    - Milo

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Yeah right, knowing DLP's luck they only afford to buy 2/3rds of it, it'll get busted on the way over and thier budget will shrink leaving them with only 40% dragon to use in the ride.

source (bronvermeldig): www.wdsfans.com