• Plastic Monkey

nice cup of tea and a sit down

hi,
    its a silly question but i could do with some advice on this one, im finally after twoish years of promising (and working off uni debt), taking my gran on the eurostar to disney for a day trip on the 23rd, normally i go to the parks alone (being under 26 i get good train rates) and fall into the camp of the person who either dosent eat / grabs a hot dog while running to the next ride four hours after lunch.

but i need to think of some places good to sit down for five miniutes with a cup of tea and relax (ie quiet and peaceful)...which are open in off season, as this trip will be slower paced than my normal ones, which im kinda looking forward to, any suggestions?
    cheers
    John
    We Play Rock and Roll

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: nice cup of tea and a sit down

There is a very nice restaurant on the top floor of one of the Main Street buildings. I believe that it is called "Walt's". I really loved it.

But as far as just a nice place to have a spot of tea, I really can't recall.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Rock The World

The main table service restaurants (Walt's, Auberge de Cendrillon, etc.) always used to do an afternoon tea, but they were scrapped a while ago, thanks to the budget cuts. The Adventureland Bazaar had an Arabic tearoom as well. (Also closed now.) I think your best bet would be the Cablecar Bake Shop on Main Street; a great little hideaway, with its secluded booths and fancy glasswork. A few doors down, the Deli is another good stop. Otherwise, the bars in the hotels are always great for a cuppa!

• Plastic Monkey

thanks guys,
    youre right soundtracker about the bake shop, havent been there in a while, have fond memories of it though. ( and bad ones involving chocolate cake and the temple of peril)

i went through the dlp food guide, but everything good seems closed on a tuesday! at least the schools dont have a half day that day.

my gran told my aunt that i was taking her, first thing my aunt said was "make sure to go on pirates"
    We Play Rock and Roll